Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/24/2017 8:18:52 PM EDT
I've stopped buying pmags and switched to Elite Tactical Systems.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa77r4HWfRk

http://www.etsgroup.us/

I've also got a number of their 15rd .40 mags, and some 24 and 30 rd for my mechtech CCU. These are great mags. The built in coupler is nice, too.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:17:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I have some of their glock mags. Bought one of their mags with the tritium to test. 
Id buy more if they weren't close to $40 a pop. The only thing keeping me from buying more of their regular AR mags is price. 

They are great mags, but when pmags are $10/mag.. I can't see paying $13/mag. 
They are solid mags tho. 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:53:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Good mags.

I have about a dozen.

Need to try of their G42 mags soon.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good mags.

I have about a dozen.

View Quote
I've got two of their G43 mags.. absolutely love um. 
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:00:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I had shit luck with their GLOCK magazines even after having them replaced by ETS.  I've got a set of their coupler AR magazines and they have worked fine for me so far.  

After getting on the polymer mag train when they first came out and being a Magpul fan since that time I've actually went back to mostly USGI alum. magazines.  I still have MAGPULs laying around but for 8 or 9 dollars a pop the regular ol Aluminum GI mags work great as well and save me a tiny bit of weight in the process.

ALso first post on the forum is to pimp ETS magazines?  Are you getting paid by them? lol
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:25:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Etc with poly 223 was a bad mix for me. The round causes drag the spring can't overcome.
Their glock 31rd 9mm are OK though
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:03:00 PM EDT
[#6]
My ETS Glock mags are middle of the road so far . They have so far been 1 round short in my best efforts to get full capacity . I will give them a little more use to loosen up.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:42:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They are great mags, but when pmags are $10/mag.. I can't see paying $13/mag. 
They are solid mags tho. 
View Quote
ETS has a lifetime warrantee.  Only one I am aware of.  Never heard of anyone breaking one.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

ETS has a lifetime warrantee.  Only one I am aware of.  Never heard of anyone breaking one.
View Quote
I can attest to their warranty after a friend broke one. Since it didn't happen to me I won't say exactly what they did but it was far above and beyond what would have been expected. I have a few magazines but I'm not crazy about clear. If they did solid I'd be all over them.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I can attest to their warranty after a friend broke one. Since it didn't happen to me I won't say exactly what they did but it was far above and beyond what would have been expected. I have a few magazines but I'm not crazy about clear. If they did solid I'd be all over them.
View Quote
I'm with you on the clear, I like it and don't like it at the same time.
Its cool looking but I think I'm only going to use them at night for hog hunting. 
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#10]
They are local to me here in Knoxville. So I support a local business. I have around 25 of the 30rd AR mags and 10-12 of the G17 mags. They have all worked 100% in all of my guns.
Count me a firm believer in them.

The only thing I don't use them in is my 300 BLK rifle. I use Lancers so I can tell at a glance 300 is in Lancers.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 5:59:30 PM EDT
[#11]
ETS mags will not lock into my Spikes lower.  Every other magazine I've tried does, including Pmag, Lancer, and USGI.  They do lock into the other lowers that I've tried them on, but this one is my go to AR.  The top rib on the magazine is just a smidge too high and interferes.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 7:04:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Brand new account and 3 post all about ETS. Mmm... so tell me how do you like working at ets?
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Brand new account and 3 post all about ETS. Mmm... so tell me how do you like working at ets?
View Quote
It's sad really, they don't have to shill.. They have a industry sponsor account. 
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 8:37:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same for the OP who I posted about earlier who has 1 post and it's this thread.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 8:43:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought two of there 30 round mags

they made my Aero 10.5" cough and sputter, but ran OK in my 16" and 18"

10.5" never had any trouble with PMAGS or USGI

[shrug]
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 9:01:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Good mags.

I have about a dozen.

View Quote
I've got 2 each of the ETS Glock 42 mags, the 7, 9 & 12...buy with confidence!
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 12:02:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I bought two of there 30 round mags

they made my Aero 10.5" cough and sputter, but ran OK in my 16" and 18"

10.5" never had any trouble with PMAGS or USGI

[shrug]
View Quote
Funny you say that... the only over-insertion I've ever had was on the 4th with one of their AR mags. 

Ive had good luck with their glock mags tho. 
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 12:36:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

After getting on the polymer mag train when they first came out and being a Magpul fan since that time I've actually went back to mostly USGI alum. magazines.  I still have MAGPULs laying around but for 8 or 9 dollars a pop the regular ol Aluminum GI mags work great as well and save me a tiny bit of weight in the
View Quote
I'd be curious why you switched back.  The Money savings and the weight savings would be marginal.  I always though(and was wildly criticized on this forum) that much about polymer was advertising hype and the doom and gloom about USGI was pure BS.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 12:50:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Eh, I have a few of their Glock mags and they are marginal at best.  Various failure to feed issues have relegated them to range use only.  These are some of the early mags so they may have gotten better over time.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 2:28:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I like their Glock mags, but the one time I took a pair of their coupler mags to the range I got 20rds into one mag and 10 into the other before unloading them and loading the Lancers.
I'm planning on trying them again with brass cased ammo, but so far I'm not impressed.
And I've found pieces breaking off my ETS-Glock 31rd mag followers. Hasn't effected function yet, but I don't know that I'd use them as a HD/duty mag.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 11:23:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'd be curious why you switched back.  The Money savings and the weight savings would be marginal.  I always though(and was wildly criticized on this forum) that much about polymer was advertising hype and the doom and gloom about USGI was pure BS.
View Quote
A little less bulky a tiny bit less weight and a few bucks cheaper.  I kept most of my PMAGS but sold quite a bit as well and rolled that money into even more GI Mags.  I was able to turn a bunch of PMAGS into even more GI mags.  There's nothing wrong with PMAGs and I still like them I just like having more GI mags more. :)
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 11:22:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 11:26:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 11:27:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 12:04:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Better than Pmags....that's right I said it!

Way more durable, while being clear. Feeds M855A1 better in my testing.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 12:48:48 PM EDT
[#26]
I've got four of the ETS clear 30 round AR mags, they work great in all my AR's.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:05:15 PM EDT
[#27]
I've had good results from their AR mags.  Their Glock mags suck.  I bought 3 of their G17 mags, and none would load to capacity with carry ammo.  Had them replaced and none of the replacements would either.  Tried 5 different brands of ammo.  Handloading, maglula, didn't matter.

They are range mags now.  Won't be buying any more.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#28]
I think I will get 4 and try them.   Ar mags. I got the glock mags. They work. Range mags
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 11:17:56 PM EDT
[#29]
OP Is named NickMemphis...........ETS is in Knoxville.  Both in Tn?  And he's only got one post here. Yeah not fishy at all.

Why I don't use their GLOCK mags anymore.  These were the replacements to the original ones that did the same thing.

Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:03:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
OP Is named NickMemphis...........ETS is in Knoxville.  Both in Tn?  And he's only got one post here. Yeah not fishy at all.

Why I don't use their GLOCK mags anymore.  These were the replacements to the original ones that did the same thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT6mIMXwy5U
View Quote
ETS has a dealer account...they don't need to shill.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:09:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My ETS Glock mags are middle of the road so far . They have so far been 1 round short in my best efforts to get full capacity . I will give them a little more use to loosen up.
View Quote
I can get the last round in, but can't insert it on a closed slide.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 9:57:36 AM EDT
[#32]
ETS is in Knoxville, I live in Knoxville. Does that mean I'm a shill if I post I like ETS mags?
I have bought bought them and like them, AR and Glock mags both.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 7:14:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Well, I found this forum because my fellow officer is into it. But, hey! ETS, for free mags I'll do free plugs! *hint* but no, I just like good stuff. And whoever is paying 40$ a pop for the Glock mags is apparently buying from the wrong place.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/elite-tactical-systems-glock-22-40-s-and-w-magazine-30-rounds-polymer-clear-smoke-finish-854094005393.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=Search

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/elite-tactical-systems-glock-22-40-s-and-w-magazine-16-rounds-polymer-clear-smoke-finish-854094005201.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=Search

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1018708721/ets-magazine-glock-22-24-35-40-s-and-w-extended-polymer-translucent

That last one scares me-it says clearance. I'm gwyneter to orderify a bunch right now.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 7:30:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I just saw this thread. Just for the official record we have no idea who the user is that started this thread. We do not need to shill our products.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's sad really, they don't have to shill.. They have a industry sponsor account. 
I just saw this thread. Just for the official record we have no idea who the user is that started this thread. We do not need to shill our products.
For the record, I started this thread, and I paid *them^, they didn't pay me. I just ordered more from Midway five minutes ago, too. :) I don't buy a damn thing because it's cool. I have no interest in the herd mentality. This company has a solid product. LEO in Tulsa.
https://www.facebook.com/jon.williams.71868
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 7:51:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I can get the last round in, but can't insert it on a closed slide.
View Quote
I haven't had that problem. ETS mags have a Glock spring. I would suggest you use a mag loader, like Glock provides with their OEM mags, and ensure they are fully settled against the back of the magazine.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 7:55:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 8:00:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nick Memphis is the name of the FBI agent from "Point Of Impact" by Stephen Hunter. I didn't even know ETS was based in Knoxville, I was just cheesed about the mags that day. If you make a chain out of paper clips, and let it drag on the floor, it enhances the shielding effect of your foil hat. Lets the mind control beam electrons ground out, like.

And what the hell does "shill" mean? You can't promote a product when you think it's good? Hey, I've invented a better mousetrap, but I better not say that. People will think i'm "shilling".  Victor already makes a mousetrap that's popular. No one would say they liked a product with enthusiasm unless they were paid. Brought to you by Carl's Jr. People only go out of their way to discuss a product when they don't like it, in your world, apparently. Well, I have seen so many great new things discontinued right after i discovered them, leaving me stuck with the old crappy standards, that I do what I can to testify when I find em. But that's just me.
Brought to you by Carl's Jr.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 12:32:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Congrats you came back to post.  You have to admit a guy with one post (for quite a while actually that was your only post) that's essentially a commercial for ETS mags comes off as fishy.  There's a reason why other people brought up the same point.  

Anywho, Welcome aboard hope your stay here is good.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 12:01:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
ETS is in Knoxville, I live in Knoxville. Does that mean I'm a shill if I post I like ETS mags?
View Quote
Didn't you know that it is an ar15.com rule that if you live in the city the magazine is manufactured you are not allowed to like or use that magazine
PS how about a pic inside the factory??
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 1:47:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Didn't you know that it is an ar15.com rule that if you live in the city the magazine is manufactured you are not allowed to like or use that magazine
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have no idea where it's at. They only use a P.O. box address.
I do like their mags. I have around 20-25 of the AR mags now. Only a few of the coupled ones. They have been top notch.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 8:34:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 10:33:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Nick Memphis is the name of the FBI agent from "Point Of Impact" by Stephen Hunter. I didn't even know ETS was based in Knoxville, I was just cheesed about the mags that day. If you make a chain out of paper clips, and let it drag on the floor, it enhances the shielding effect of your foil hat. Lets the mind control beam electrons ground out, like.

And what the hell does "shill" mean? You can't promote a product when you think it's good? Hey, I've invented a better mousetrap, but I better not say that. People will think i'm "shilling".  Victor already makes a mousetrap that's popular. No one would say they liked a product with enthusiasm unless they were paid. Brought to you by Carl's Jr. People only go out of their way to discuss a product when they don't like it, in your world, apparently. Well, I have seen so many great new things discontinued right after i discovered them, leaving me stuck with the old crappy standards, that I do what I can to testify when I find em. But that's just me.
Brought to you by Carl's Jr.
View Quote
Wasn't that Nicholas Cage's name in "Gone in 60 seconds"?
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 10:44:03 PM EDT
[#43]
I've had mixed results with ETS 5.56 mags. 

I have a pair that clicked together.  They work wonderfully.

I have a pair that don't click together.  When firing magazine prone with an M16A4, i got multiple failures to feed.  would not pick up the next round, bolt went clean over the top round.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:07:45 PM EDT
[#44]
I have ETS magazines formy Glock and my SCR and I haven't had any issues with them yet. They are tough and I like being able to get a round count at a glance.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Had a few spring issues which ETS resolved.

Only gripe is that they keep advertising their 21 round Glock 9mm magazines as 22 round magazines, which they are absolutely not.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
That would have been "Memphis Raines", I do believe.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 1:09:47 PM EDT
[#47]
I just finished my 10,000th round thru 3 ETS G-17/34 magazines.  No problems.  I reload and check the over all length of my loaded cartridges to ensure no hang ups.  When I see magazines failing to feed the first think I think of is the rounds are loaded with excessive overall length.  I now have 25 ETS G-17/34 magazines so I don't have to keep loading the same three over and over.  I did have a Glock magazine fail to advance rounds and it was because of pebble lodged against the follower and the magazine body.  I can't tell the difference in reliability between the two brands of magazines other than ETS allows me to buy many more for a lot less.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:50:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have four AR 30 rounders that work well. But for the price I stock up on GI mags
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 12:48:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ahhh, I knew it was something close!!

Big Nick Cage fan huh?!?!
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Have 3 ETS mags for my 300AAC, been very happy with them. Only clear mags I own, makes it easy to keep the 300/5.56 from getting mixed up.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top