Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2017 5:04:38 PM EDT
I've only ever seen these for sale at Aim Surplus, and maybe CDNN, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of feedback about them.  With my sample size of one, over the course of a couple years, here is my humble contribution--

It functioned fine at first, and the build quality seemed fairly decent.  The follower moved smoothly in the magazine body, and it locked into place with no trouble.  The fact that it came in different colors was definitely seen as a plus.  

Mine was kept loaded, and has seen a fairly low round count.  No problems until this afternoon, where I could not get more than two rounds to cycle without the bolt going home on an empty chamber.  This was with three different ammo makes: CAVIM, FNM, and NORINCO.  The Magpul magazine that I had with me (and also is kept loaded for years now) subsequently functioned without hiccup, as usual.  It was stored with the cover, FWIW.

Appears that perhaps the spring just isn't up to the task of being kept loaded, or maybe it was the lips spreading; dunno.  At any rate, this one is going into the garbage, and I'm thankful that I didn't purchase more.

Attachment Attached File

The test bed:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 11:59:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the heads up. Always interested in new .308 magazines... will definitely pass on trying these if I come across any.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top