Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/29/2017 10:41:53 AM EDT
Seems one can get a Korean 100 round drum for $100 or the 100 round mag for $180.
There also appear to be some 60 round drum/mags.
Is there a sticky or summary page that discusses these various items along with review and reliability info?
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 3:56:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I looked at several drums, this one included, and everything I found showed drums, especially double drums, are problems waiting to happen.
There are lots of YouTube videos showing them being tested, and they either work, or don't work. And after a few runs, I would expect even the ones that did work to start failing.
The MWG 90 round drum had better reviews around the various forums and web sites, but still not perfect.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#2]
The only drum I'd consider is the magpul D60.  And that's only a 60rd drum, but every review I've seen about it was positive except that it's a PITA to load.  As a primary with 30s as reloads....it makes sense.  Outside of that, drums kind of suck.  I'd rather carry a bunch of magpul 40s than drums.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 12:32:49 AM EDT
[#3]
The Magpul D60 is good to go other than reloading it sucks.  The X products 50rd drum are supposed to be good as well but they are expensive. I only have experience with the Magpul D60.

The dual drums I have seen look cheap and I would not trust them. Even the $200+ dual drums are supposed to be very unreliable.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 7:25:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I picked up a couple of the 40s.
Based on their price I can get a few of them and loading should be a breeze.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top