View Quote
I ordered on the 26th.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I ordered on the 26th.
View Quote
Guess I should have knocked on wood. I ordered on the 26th also. My tracking finally shows in transit today.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 11:00:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I ordered on the 26th.
View Quote
ahh, I thought it said the 29th... ok, few more days for me to pace impatiently :D
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

ahh, I thought it said the 29th... ok, few more days for me to pace impatiently :D
View Quote
Shipped on the 27th (but not really), ordered on the 26th though.  Someone else ordered on the 29th though and it shows shipped yesterday with mine.  Hopefully yours goes out today.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 5:45:20 AM EDT
[#5]
dang, does it always take this long? so far it still says "awaiting processing" and they haven't even charged my card yet. Never ordered from Botach before
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 8:32:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
dang, does it always take this long? so far it still says "awaiting processing" and they haven't even charged my card yet. Never ordered from Botach before
View Quote
I've ordered a lot from them. This is the first time the items I ordered haven't shipped in the first two days after I ordered. They are on their way now after 6 business days of waiting to be picked up by fed ex. Wormraper, that's good news your card isn't charged. Some companies will charge card then keep you waiting.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 10:45:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I've ordered a lot from them. This is the first time the items I ordered haven't shipped in the first two days after I ordered. They are on their way now after 6 business days of waiting to be picked up by fed ex. Wormraper, that's good news your card isn't charged. Some companies will charge card then keep you waiting.
View Quote
yeah, I wasn't sure what their schedule of shipping was so I let it go by. I was just worried that my CC hadn't been charged and it was still awaiting processing after 9 days, that was all.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 3:41:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

yeah, I wasn't sure what their schedule of shipping was so I let it go by. I was just worried that my CC hadn't been charged and it was still awaiting processing after 9 days, that was all.
View Quote
Yea I'm not real sure about that. Call them on Monday and see what they say. Did they already send you tracking?
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 8:57:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yea I'm not real sure about that. Call them on Monday and see what they say. Did they already send you tracking?
View Quote
Nope. No word since I ordered
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 9:40:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Last I knew, Botach employed 35-40 people. Some of these will be staff, office workers, forklift drivers etc., so not sure how many are order pickers, order packers and such.
That being said, they have their main website, then a large Ebay and Amazon site, and maybe others. and I presume they may get a few thousand orders a day, and may get backed up so it may take a long time to catch up with orders. Especially over holidays with holiday sales.
I have sometimes waited a couple weeks or more to get, and have the tracking number actually show up in transit.
But it always arrives.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 12:03:58 AM EDT
[#11]
sent them an email this afternoon asking something was up. an hour later my order was shipped (according to the email and status on the site)...
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:36:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Got a email with Fedx surepost tracking number on 6/26/17. Mags actually shipped on 7/10/17. And I got them today in the mail. I guess they are busy.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:25:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Got a email with Fedx surepost tracking number on 6/26/17. Mags actually shipped on 7/10/17. And I got them today in the mail. I guess they are busy.
View Quote
Ditto. Got mine today.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:54:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ditto. Got mine today.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ditto. Got mine today.
Good to hear, I'm supposed to have mine Saturday.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I placed an order for 6 tan mags on Jun 24. received the shipping notification and had my credit card charged on Jun 26, but FedEx didn't receive the package until Jul 5. They arrived (through USPS via FedEx SmartPost) yesterday, Jul 13.  This was my first experience ordering from Botach, and to be honest, I wasn't that concerned about how long it took since shipping was free, but it did take a while.  The only thing that was kind of annoying was that they sent me a request to review my purchase, ten days before I received it.

These magazines are really nice quality, like all Okay mags, but the tan finish is especially smooth and even - much better than the brown EPMs that I've been issued (which have pooling and bubbling where the finish was too heavily applied, or flowed down and collected at the base of the magazine).  The finish in no way relates to function - it's just interesting to see how smoothly it was done compared to mass production military-issued mags (from Center Industries).

To clarify some apparent confusion about these tan Okay mags, they are the same old USGI design that has been in production for decades, just with a Magpul follower and the tan finish applied.  They are not the same as the current military issue EPMs.  A couple years ago, Okay introduced their SUREFEED magazine line, which is a commercial line identical to their USGI magazines.  Back when they had military magazine contracts, they sold identical mags to the commercial market under the NHMTG brand name.  My understanding is that the introduction of the SUREFEED product line basically coincided with the discontinuation of the NHMTG mags, which I'm guessing had something to do with them no longer having a government contract (i.e. they could now use the Okay brand name for commercial sales).  The tan mags are simply those same SUREFEED - previously Okay and NHMTG - mags with Magpul followers and a tan finish applied.

With free shipping, these mags are a great deal - in my opinion, the best USGI magazines available, and the tan finish is a free bonus (same price as the dry film version) if you prefer colored mags.  I'm curious to see how the finish holds up in the long run - specifically how its corrosion resistance compares to the MILSPEC dry film finish, not if they're still "pretty" after hard use.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 5:19:54 PM EDT
[#16]
What exactly is the finish?
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 5:30:51 PM EDT
[#17]
If you look at the Okay SUREFEED link, their magazine page says that the black magazines are coated in a Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) Teflon finish.  Presumably the tan magazines are coated in the same thing, which the Botach states in the drop-down options you select when ordering, but the Okay site doesn't list tan as an option (which points to it being a Botach exclusive as others suggested previously).

According to the Wikipedia entry for PTFE, it is "used as a non-stick coating for pans and other cookware. It is non-reactive, partly because of the strength of carbon–fluorine bonds, and so it is often used in containers and pipework for reactive and corrosive chemicals. Where used as a lubricant, PTFE reduces friction, wear and energy consumption of machinery."
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 10:18:25 AM EDT
[#18]
My mags came in yesterday. The packaging says Desert Tan and I'm still not seeing them anywhere else so I'm assuming dealer special. Pretty awesome though, glad I got them.

Attachment Attached File

Next to FDE.

Attachment Attached File

In the wild.

Link Posted: 7/15/2017 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#19]
While I really like mine, it's interesting that the tan doesn't seem to quite match anything else on the market (that I've seen yet, at least). It makes me think they picked an existing commercial tan color and just went with it. I'll probably order another half dozen in a few months. Great mags.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:40:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Mine will be in today from the company you mentioned and don't prefer. Called D&H about some they had and it was a special run for a customer and will only be making grey and Black unless you order 500.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 6:00:22 PM EDT
[#21]
These are available at RSR for sure so it's not just Botach. I just ordered a couple from them today to compare to D&H's Tan mags.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#22]
got mine in today with my OKAY Surefeed 20 round black teflons. look good. the 20 rounders seem nice, only shooting will tell if they work right.. the black follower always makes me nervous as it tips forward a bit while loading, but I hear the 20 round straights didn't need the updated followers to work fine (body geometry and all that)
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 6:32:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I ordered from Botach several times last year. They always had the best price and I never had any issues. Some people don't like them but as a company I think they have changed quite a bit over the last few years.
View Quote
Well you got lucky!
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 6:58:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Cheaper Than Dirt also has these in stock. I just got mine yesterday. They have them listed as fde but they are clearly marked desert tan on the package just like the photo above. They have also gone up in price $1 since I ordered mine last week.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 7:45:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Cheaper Than Dirt also has these in stock. I just got mine yesterday. They have them listed as fde but they are clearly marked desert tan on the package just like the photo above. They have also gone up in price $1 since I ordered mine last week.
View Quote
Awesome, maybe they tested the waters and liked it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 6:56:02 PM EDT
[#26]
CTD's price for the tan mags is 50% more than Botach's, and I can't believe they're charging $22 for the dry film and black versions. As I posted above, Botach was a little slow, but they arrived fine with free shipping.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 8:54:40 PM EDT
[#27]
I've placed 2 orders with Botach (Sopmod enhanced and these mags) and both were great. Placed the order, shipped next day and arrived in 3-4, for free no less.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 9:33:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
CTD's price for the tan mags is 50% more than Botach's, and I can't believe they're charging $22 for the dry film and black versions. As I posted above, Botach was a little slow, but they arrived fine with free shipping.
View Quote
I have no idea why they're charging that much for dry film black versions either. Its ridiculous. I don't want to turn this into a Botach pro or con thread, I just posted that CTD had them for those that may want these mags and don't want to order from Botach. Yes they are more expensive but its about 20% more not 50%. Only 11% more when I placed my order. I had no problem paying $1.34 more per mag. I also got free shipping with my order.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 11:27:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yes they are more expensive but its about 20% more not 50%.
View Quote
Sorry, I was going off the current $14.24 price at CTD vs. $9.95 if you buy 6 at Botach (which was how I ordered mine). I should have clarified that. I agree that it's always good to have options when purchasing. I haven't had any issues ordering from CTD either, when the price is right, but I know some people have heartburn over them based on past pricing during panics.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 11:44:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Sorry, I was going off the current $14.24 price at CTD vs. $9.95 if you buy 6 at Botach (which was how I ordered mine). I should have clarified that. I agree that it's always good to have options when purchasing. I haven't had any issues ordering from CTD either, when the price is right, but I know some people have heartburn over them based on past pricing during panics.
View Quote
My mistake. I clearly missed the 6 or more price.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 12:38:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Also FYI up untill a few days ago the USGI mil spec okays were $7.--(not sure of exact change) and free ship.  I've never had an issue with Botach either. Slow to ship sometimes, but first world problems and all that....
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 11:22:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Were those $7 Okays listed on CTD? That's an awesome price.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Were those $7 Okays listed on CTD? That's an awesome price.
View Quote
No they are on botach. They are listed separately from the other okays on their site. They were on sale for a few months @ $7 and change, they must have just recently been taken off sale. But I'd keep an eye on them as they will likely be on sale again. https://www.botach.com/okay-usgi-mil-spec-m16-m4-5-56mm-30rd-magazines/
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Got it - I've seen that listing before. Those are true USGI Okay mags with the MILSPEC green follower (not the Magpul follower). Still a good deal for $7 - I'll keep an eye out for their sales. I have a bunch of extra Magpul followers I could use with them if I felt the need.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 2:35:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Got it - I've seen that listing before. Those are true USGI Okay mags with the MILSPEC green follower (not the Magpul follower). Still a good deal for $7 - I'll keep an eye out for their sales. I have a bunch of extra Magpul followers I could use with them if I felt the need.
View Quote
Personally I buy the black or tans with magpul followers for the extra $. I have bought the black okays from botach in the $8 range on sale, and On the rare occurrence they accept an offer. But the milspec is a good deal @$7 shipped considering used okays almost sell for that on the EE.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Interested in how well the finish holds up.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Interested in how well the finish holds up.
View Quote
Mine has held up fine so far, no complaints.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top