BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/10/2017 10:20:59 AM EDT
New color from Okay...  Someone sent me this today, has anyone seen these somewhere OTHER than Botach?  I will not order from them.

Tan Okay Mags

Update 7/15:

My mags came in yesterday. The packaging says Desert Tan and I'm still not seeing them anywhere else so I'm assuming dealer special. Pretty awesome though, glad I got them.

Attachment Attached File

Next to FDE.

Attachment Attached File

In the wild.

Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:49:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 2:41:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I was looking at these earlier today... wondering how close they match FDE.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was looking at these earlier today... wondering how close they match FDE.
View Quote
I'm hoping they're more like medium coyote or KAC taupe.  Either way though, I want at least 10.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 3:09:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm hoping they're more like medium coyote or KAC taupe.  Either way though, I want at least 10.
View Quote
I ordered 7 to check them out.. 1 for weapon and 6 for mag pouch. I have a lot of FDE Magpuls, or I would have ordered a few more
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:11:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
New color from Okay...  Someone sent me this today, has anyone seen these somewhere OTHER than Botach?  I will not order from them.

Tan Okay Mags
View Quote

Mrgunsandgear was advertising them on FB. Order 6+ and price drops to $9.99

What is wrong with Botach?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:15:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
I ordered from Botach several times last year. They always had the best price and I never had any issues. Some people don't like them but as a company I think they have changed quite a bit over the last few years.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes they are similar to the Knight's taupe....they are closer to coyote tan than FDE definitely not on the lighter side.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:35:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Mrgunsandgear...
View Quote

Few different companies FDE type colors there for color comparison...
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/Mjri3xMl.jpg

View Quote
Perfect color!
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Their name pops up way too much with major problems here, just don't have a lot of faith and there are so many other choices.

@Mrgunsandgear Are you affiliated with Botach in any way?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I ordered 6 this morning. Almost always buy mags from botach and never had an issue. In fact I already have a tracking number.

Just make sure anything you buy is in stock.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Seller on the EE has Center Ind. mags on FDE for $13/each.

In case that floats your boat?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:51:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I ordered 6 this morning. Almost always buy mags from botach and never had an issue. In fact I already have a tracking number.

View Quote
We have a 69 Camaro, I think I'll trust your judgement and order from Botach...
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
The Arfcom way says I order both...  
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:11:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:26:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The Arfcom way says I order both...  
View Quote
Good plan.

Okay and Center are my goto mags.

Although....I have been using Brownells lately, thinking I will stockpile 20-30 of them also. I'm digging them so far.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:47:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's a spray-on Teflon paint.  Find some mags with a beat-up finish, clean them very well inside and out, with solvent (I used alcohol), and then paint them yourself.  FDE Teflon Spray Paint

I haven't used this exact Teflon paint.  I long ago refinished uncounted 20- and 30-rd GI mags with the grey Teflon paint that was available at that time.  Didn't have to bake that version of Teflon paint  Replaced a LOT of springs and followers, too.   I still have some of the paint left, and some spare springs and followers.  I should probably pick up some finish-worn AR mags in the LGS, but I haven't seen any used ones in a long time.

As with all this stuff, it's essential to both read and follow the directions.  I sure wouldn't leave the follower nor the spring in the mag when baking it.

On further research, looks lime the FDE mags are out of stock, for now: Botach FDE Mags.  I'm sure this will be an instant hit, and more will be on the way.

Just remember, it costs the mfr little, if anything, to cost these mags in a particular Teflon paint, compared to the usual grey.
View Quote
I've done a lot of spray bombing so I wouldn't think it'd be a problem for me. However, same price already tan is hard to pass up. 10 would put me at a nice 30 count of Okay 30s. 10 of each color.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:48:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Good plan.

Okay and Center are my goto mags.

Although....I have been using Brownells lately, thinking I will stockpile 20-30 of them also. I'm digging them so far.
View Quote
Damn straight!
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:11:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:53:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have bought from Botach several times and like you said just make sure it's in stock. Now I don't think you can add it to your cart if it's not in stock. As far as the TR# take that with a grain of salt. I ordered 25 Okays Fri. of last week and got TR# Mon at noon. They didn't get handed off to UPS till Tuesday night. Iv'e had that happen a few times 2-3 days before they started their journey. I have always got what I ordered though with no issues.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 5:45:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Don't take this the wrong way, please, but there are many on Arfcom who will say that 30 mags is just a beginning.

In a way, they're right.  Magazines are considered expendable items by the Mil, since they are lost and damaged so much during combat.  For example, back in the Dark Ages (Ban Period), some of us had to buy very much used (presumably surplussed as unusable) GI mags because that was all that was available at an affordable price.   A lot of them had worn and/or rusted springs, and the old, evil black followers.    As long as the body and feed lips weren't badly damaged, they could be rehabilitated with some educated re-shaping, a new spring, and a new follower.  I'm pretty sure some of my mags are very old, but since their restoration, they work perfectly. Possibly some of my 20-rd mags are older than some posters here. With a thorough cleaning, re-coating, and a new spring, they are all GTG;  The metal followers on the old Mil 20-rd mags never give problems unless they were damaged, and sometimes that could be repaired.
View Quote
No offense taken, that's just the count on Okay 30 rounders though. I think I'm up to 140ish mags all together, mostly pmags.

Some solid wisdom there, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
The Center mags are the EPM mags, those have a new follower, front wall height, and feed lip geometry.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 5:14:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/Mjri3xMl.jpg

View Quote
Thanks for the pic, Mike.

Helps a lot.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 10:23:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Those mags look good.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:45:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The Center mags are the EPM mags, those have a new follower, front wall height, and feed lip geometry.
View Quote
You may be right. I could not see much detail, another ad showed the followers,  indicating  for M855.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:20:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Picked 2 new in the bags tan Centers at a flea market. Look good to me.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:21:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
The Okay mags are different?
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 1:17:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The Okay mags are different?
View Quote
The Okay mags are the old USGI design with Magpul followers, just coated in the tan color. The Enhanced Performance Magazine (EPM) has a new follower, and the feed lips have a different presentation angle to angle the tip of the round higher as it enters the chamber. You can see some photos of the different types of mags in this discussion:

When will the new EPM M4 magazines be released to the public?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 4:47:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Mags are only "expendable" when you can go to the arms room and get replacements for free. When we pay out of pocket, we want our gear to last a long while.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:09:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Got mine in today. They seem to be a better color match than the pic above shows. I have three brands on my pistol, and this mag blends in rather nicely.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Don't take this the wrong way, please, but there are many on Arfcom who will say that 30 mags is just a beginning.

In a way, they're right.  Magazines are considered expendable items by the Mil, since they are lost and damaged so much during combat.  For example, back in the Dark Ages (Ban Period), some of us had to buy very much used (presumably surplussed as unusable) GI mags because that was all that was available at an affordable price.   A lot of them had worn and/or rusted springs, and the old, evil black followers.    As long as the body and feed lips weren't badly damaged, they could be rehabilitated with some educated re-shaping, a new spring, and a new follower.  I'm pretty sure some of my mags are very old, but since their restoration, they work perfectly. Possibly some of my 20-rd mags are older than some posters here. With a thorough cleaning, re-coating, and a new spring, they are all GTG;  The metal followers on the old Mil 20-rd mags never give problems unless they were damaged, and sometimes that could be repaired.
View Quote
I recently gave away some USGI 30rd mags I had used since the 1980s.  I figured it was time to pass them down the line.  These mags were "range only" and never suffered through a class (where they're dropped, stepped on, etc).  Mags are definitely expendable, but as you mentioned...can last a long time if maintained.

ETA: IIRC they were LaBelles.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:36:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Not trying to hi jack the thread but how does the finish hold up?  I like to run pretty much okay magazines/surefeed magazines but mine are all the standard dry lube film.  I will say they make one heck of a reliable/durable magazine.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:54:02 PM EDT
[#33]
I just got the back in stock notice from Botach this morning and ordered a few of the tan mags to try out. Okay are the only metal mags I buy these days, so it's great to see them in tan and at a good price with free shipping.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:39:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I just got the back in stock notice from Botach this morning and ordered a few of the tan mags to try out. Okay are the only metal mags I buy these days, so it's great to see them in tan and at a good price with free shipping.
View Quote
Great, thanks!  I just ordered 10.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:51:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got ten on the way too.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 5:14:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Just curious if anybody has seen these listed at any other distributors. Haven't seen them listed on any of my go to Okay Surefeed sites.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 12:04:00 AM EDT
[#37]
I wish they made the 20 rounders in Desert Tan... they look sexy.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 6:00:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Just curious if anybody has seen these listed at any other distributors. Haven't seen them listed on any of my go to Okay Surefeed sites.
View Quote
I never could find them anywhere else.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:20:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I never could find them anywhere else.
View Quote
maybe Botach spray coats them themselves?
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:35:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

maybe Botach spray coats them themselves?
View Quote
I've been wondering this myself.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I've been wondering this myself.
View Quote
And sell them at the same price as the black mags?
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 8:31:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

And sell them at the same price as the black mags?
View Quote
Touche'

Dealer special perhaps?  I didn't see anyone else with them.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:24:09 PM EDT
[#43]
I didn't see anywhere that said they were exclusive to Botach but I've been wondering. A lot of firearm sites had articles announcing these from Okay Surefeed but none that I saw said that they were only available from just Botach.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:54:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Touche'

Dealer special perhaps?  I didn't see anyone else with them.
View Quote
Could be a botach special. They do seem to be one of Okays largest dealers, and one of the better priced. I ordered 10 from botach on Thursday. I've probably had over 20 orders with botach over the years, and all have been flawless.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 5:58:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Could be a botach special. They do seem to be one of Okays largest dealers, and one of the better priced. I ordered 10 from botach on Thursday. I've probably had over 20 orders with botach over the years, and all have been flawless.
View Quote
Good to hear, my 10 are on the way.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 4:35:15 PM EDT
[#46]
I still haven't received mine, but I have gotten a review request from Botach.  Also the tracking link goes nowhere and if you copy and paste it into USPS it does nothing FedEx, you get label created 6/27...
So....  Waiting patiently, you want a review for something still sitting in your warehouse.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 7:47:14 PM EDT
[#47]
still waiting on mine too. been a week and it's still "awaiting processing"
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 5:47:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I still haven't received mine, but I have gotten a review request from Botach.  Also the tracking link goes nowhere and if you copy and paste it into USPS it does nothing FedEx, you get label created 6/27...
So....  Waiting patiently, you want a review for something still sitting in your warehouse.
View Quote
I ordered 6/29 and it just shipped yesterday, 7/5.  Has yours shipped?
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 5:57:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I ordered 6/29 and it just shipped yesterday, 7/5.  Has yours shipped?
View Quote
Checked just now and it shows shipped 7/5, in transit.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 9:59:19 AM EDT
[#50]
I ordered on the 29th too and it still says awaiting processing :(
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top