BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 12:25:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Avoid them.  Got 3 of their M1 carbine and 1 Beretta 92,  none will lock into the guns.  All were deformed a bit.  Returned them all.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 3:55:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I have had some work, but for $35 a pop, surely you can find originals for another $20.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 1:07:46 PM EDT
[#3]
How is promag still in business? Is it all the idiots and gangsters that keep them afloat?
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:16:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Some of their mags actually work.  Both of mine do.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 12:33:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
99% of their mags suck. The HK93 ones are ok, though
View Quote
This is the only product they make that I'd consider buying. I only bought some after reading about 100 reviews. I knew going in that their retention slot is too short, but can be elongated to the correct spec. They have all fed so far. I was skeptical, but it's exactly like the internet said. lol
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:14:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I agree, they function fine in my Vector 53 even in FA mode.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
99% of their mags suck. The HK93 ones are ok, though
I agree, they function fine in my Vector 53 even in FA mode.
My HK53 runs fine with Promags also after the fitting that needs done to them. I actually sanded off ''Promag'' from the labeled areas of my mags and then stamped and color filled them HK, Im bored and anal like that. They are good mags for an HK though.
I have only one 20 round AR Promag and it works fine also. I don't remember if I altered it or not? likely did.
OP= I would avoid them for an AR from what I have read. I like Pmags for plastic but regular GI mags are always going to be the best.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 5:54:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I ve not had much success with pro mags, but I needed a mag for a s&w m39. I saw they make one and decided to give it a try, honestly it's every bit as good as the factory mag.
View Quote
I have a few of those and they work fine so far.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 1:42:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Going back more than twenty years with ARs, AKs, and a Ruger Mini, I've never had a pro-mag that fit or functioned properly. Some could be fixed, most were hopeless.

Friends don't let friends buy pro-mags.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 4:24:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Pro Mags are HOT garbage. They couldn't even make the 10 round magazine in my buddies Enfield work properly. Let alone a couple pistol mags I've tried in the past.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 6:18:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
don't do it, keep looking
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 6:34:53 AM EDT
[#11]
The few I have are unreliable.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 3:04:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I've tried their AR15 magazines as well as some of their pistol magazines. They are all worthless, unreliable junk. Majority of the time their magazines do not consistently feed reliably. I won't even use them for range magazines because they are so unreliable. I can't understand how a company that puts out such inferior products is able to stay in business. I have also tried and had issues with a company called "USA Magazines" that has very unreliable AR15 magazines.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 3:56:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I have one ProMag. 20 rounder, blued steel, green follower. Functions fine, except it won't drop free from my lowers (made by NoDak Spud).
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I know what magazine I'll never buy......
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 10:25:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 10:42:02 PM EDT
[#17]
The problem w/ your stats is they just ain't so.  I've got a flush-fit 5 round steel AR mag that runs fine, as well as a 10 round 1911 mag that works.  They may be hit or miss, but do you really think a company would stay in business if 99% of their product didn't work?

I'm 2 for 2 so far.  They're not my go to mag brand, but they make mags for guns you can't find anywhere else.  I'll take a chance on them when it's warranted.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 11:14:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
How is promag still in business? Is it all the idiots and gangsters that keep them afloat?
View Quote
Promag is THE "I saw this at a gun show table and it looked cool" brand
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 2:24:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 2:12:49 AM EDT
[#21]
I tried to find some for you but it looks like they have been discontinued...

They look similar to 1911 mags to me. Typically firearm manufactures try to design a firearm that shares as many parts as possible with other models, it makes sense since it means they can produce more firearms with fewer machines calibrated for producing components unique to just one model... similar to the way auto makes share chassis and power trains with other models for the same reason.

I  have to believe you aren't the only person with this delima,
I would try asking in the S&W fourms, maybe someone on there can point you in the direction of a quality mag that is compatible with the S&W 4516.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 7:20:11 AM EDT
[#22]
I bought some Promags for my Sig P6 when additional factory mags were hens teeth and $95 each.  I replaced their shit springs with Wolff ones and never had any issues in the slightest over a few thousand rounds.  I'd have no problems carrying my hybrid mags.  I did a similar thing with a Smith 4506 without issue either.

I think their single stack mags in platforms that aren't feed finicky (like 1911s) aren't bad.  I've tried some of their single stack mags hybridized with no success, plus a few of their Mini mags.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top