Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2017 1:41:02 PM EDT
Are these mags a benefit to anyone behind enemy lines? I have several 30+ that I may throw up in the EE just for an exchange for current mags.  I can't seem to find any info if there is still a market for these or if they would benefit any of our brothers.   Have gray and black.

This is not a sale thread, please don't offer to buy.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I think Massachusetts are the folks that benefit from pre-ban mags.  I think Connecticut and Massachusetts both can buy pre-ban receivers or rifles.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 6:58:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm I think I have a bunch of those too now that you mention it. I thought I'd gotten rid of all my preban mags but guess I overlooked those. I sort of like them though, they're very solid.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 2:23:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hmmm I think I have a bunch of those too now that you mention it. I thought I'd gotten rid of all my preban mags but guess I overlooked those. I sort of like them though, they're very solid.
View Quote
I did the same, got rid of my pre-bans long ago...except my gray park'd SA80 mags.  Solid feel and not one malfunction from them yet.  A few years ago I upgraded them to CMMG stainless steel anti-tilt follower.  They are a nice sturdy mag that I'll never get rid of.

advntrjnky
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 5:26:02 PM EDT
[#4]
was there ever a definite answer of where they came from?

I remember the parked ones had made in England stickers on them and the blued ones were supposedly for the Singapore military, mfg location unknown.   However, I think some folks said the made in England stickers weren't correct and were just the last place they had ended up before being imported to the US.

On both of these mags, I probably had to file the mag catch upwards on about 2/3 of them so the mags would seat in and lock.   I took measurements off Okay mags and the mag catch was too low on many of them and being steel, I think they would flex less making it an even more critical measurement.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:26:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
was there ever a definite answer of where they came from?

I remember the parked ones had made in England stickers on them and the blued ones were supposedly for the Singapore military, mfg location unknown.   However, I think some folks said the made in England stickers weren't correct and were just the last place they had ended up before being imported to the US.

On both of these mags, I probably had to file the mag catch upwards on about 2/3 of them so the mags would seat in and lock.   I took measurements off Okay mags and the mag catch was too low on many of them and being steel, I think they would flex less making it an even more critical measurement.
View Quote
I thought the painted ones were SA80 mags they sold off after they upgraded to different mags when they updated the weapon platform. I remember hearing something about Singapore too, but I also remember a batch of parkerized mags that came in wrapped in foil packaging. The back of the feed lips on those looked horrible from what I remember. Those may have been Taiwanise, but I dont remember anymore.

eta just googling I found this.

http://nyfirearms.com/blog/2012/01/watch-full-movie-online-and-download-free-john-wick-chapter-2-2017/
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 12:24:10 PM EDT
[#6]
They are SAR-80 mags, not SA-80 mags. The made in England markings was the source of popular misconception.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top