Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/19/2017 11:10:52 PM EDT
Local Fleet Farm has them for 8 bucks a piece. Just wondering what their reputations are. I'm kind of looking for some good GI mags.

Also, just out of curiosity, are GI mags aluminum or steel? Guess that shows how new I am to AR's in general...
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:04:52 AM EDT
[#1]
All mine are good mags. GI are aluminum.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:44:00 AM EDT
[#2]
GTG for me
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:21:57 AM EDT
[#3]
My six 6.8 SPC II are ASC and all are gtg.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:47:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a few and they've worked OK for me. Prices are usually about the same as GI manufacturers like D&H, so it makes more sense to go with them if possible. PSA often has D&H mags at good prices. Hell, you can even find PMAGs now for $8 a piece.

GI mags are aluminum.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:00:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:51:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Well what about Brownells magazines? D&H are sold out on PSAs website. I'm looking to just drop a C note and see how many I can get. I've got some Pmags that work fine, I just prefer the few 2 GI mags that I have. But I know they can have reliability issues.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:27:08 PM EDT
[#7]
EE has great deals on Okay and/or Colt mags as well as center industries mag lately. new in package less than 10$ each i've bought 17 in three transactions lately.

FWIW we all agree okay are great, regarded as the best and we all know it... but in-hand my centers feel more robust, stouter spring tension and are quieter when they tap into other hard surfaces, and aren't as sharp where the sheet metal seam is.... might be an un popular opinion, but i'll stand behind it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:45:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My six 6.8 SPC II are ASC and all are gtg.
View Quote
I have 15 of the 6.8 mags. They work 100%.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:34:31 AM EDT
[#9]
There are USGI mags on the EE, now, for less than this.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Haha So funny story, this whole time every time I saw somebody mention EE I thought they were talking about Ebay for some reason... Doesn't make much sense now that I stop to think about it, but hey there it is. Thanks for the heads up fellas.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:27:56 PM EDT
[#11]
My Grendel ASC worked fine the one day I tried it.  Probably 40 rounds through a ten rounder.  Two, three or nine.  I never tried ten.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:01:33 PM EDT
[#12]
So I actually had a weird situation yesterday... I found an old pmag that I had loaded about 5 years ago with some Federal Fusion 62 grain ammo and wondered if the mag was still good. It was one of the straight 20 rounders (first generation I think, I believe the new ones are curved just like the 30 rounders) and was noticing that it was having a hard time locking into the gun. The gun wasn't picking up the rounds all the time and even when I switched ammo the issue was still there. Busted out one of my USGI magazines from ASC and it seemed that the rounds sat much higher and the feeding issues went away. Since it was only meant to be a short trip to the range I only had the two magazines, but I might have to find some more Pmags to see if they run well in my gun. Either way, it's good to know the USGI magazines have no issues locking in and feeding in this particular rifle.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:01:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I get that. Imitation at best. Still the same basic profile. Plus I think you get what I'm referring to.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top