User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/23/2017 4:58:23 PM EDT
http://americangg.net/19th-century-tech-fight-gun-laws/
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Neat.

It's really stupid to demo the item with full auto though.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:26:37 PM EDT
[#2]
http://americangg.net/19th-century-tech-fight-gun-laws/

Neat item for our brothers behind enemy lines...
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, DUPE
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:02:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I wonder, is it possible to have a 30 round non-detachable magazine on an AR? If so, he could also make a 30 round stripper clip.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:57:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Well. yes and no.  It's probably possible.  I think you could "lock in" a 20 or 30 round magazine to be "fixed" per a given state's law/description.  But the states that are forcing the fixed mag issue are also sticking to restricted magazine capacities, which in CA is 10.  There's also some questions in my mind about a 30 round stripper clip working well.  The length would be awkward, a traditional stripper clip might be too flexy to not bend in use.  The new clip systems seem to be sturdier and less prone to flexing.  Current stripper clips are 10 rounds (I think) even though most mags are multiples of that.  That could be a matter of size and to fit current packaging as well as to deal with flex.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well. yes and no.  It's probably possible.  I think you could "lock in" a 20 or 30 round magazine to be "fixed" per a given state's law/description.  But the states that are forcing the fixed mag issue are also sticking to restricted magazine capacities, which in CA is 10.  There's also some questions in my mind about a 30 round stripper clip working well.  The length would be awkward, a traditional stripper clip might be too flexy to not bend in use.  The new clip systems seem to be sturdier and less prone to flexing.  Current stripper clips are 10 rounds (I think) even though most mags are multiples of that.  That could be a matter of size and to fit current packaging as well as to deal with flex.
View Quote
That's the way I understand it.  The are pushing the 10rd more than the detachable mag.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:52:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think the only practical way to do a 30 round stripper clip would be a double stack. Then you taper it down to single at the top.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:35:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I think the only practical way to do a 30 round stripper clip would be a double stack. Then you taper it down to single at the top.
View Quote
Are there states that ban detachable mags but allow 30rds?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:39:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I may be looking at this the wrong way, but would not it have been better to lock and load and tell the politicians to come and take their guns?
People say they need guns to protect their rights, then willingly give up both when the government tells them to.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 2:04:54 PM EDT
[#10]
The genie will never go back in the bottle.

Legislators try, but guys find a way.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top