Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2017 4:55:08 PM EDT
I have had and used hexmags for a while in my m&p 15 w/out any issues. Recently acquired a custom stag build and they would not feed and the bolt would only go halfway closed. I could use forward assist to jam it in but obviously something was messed up. I switched lowers and had the same issue thinking it was that. Turns out it was the bolt and the mag that didn't like each other. The m&p bolt would cycle fine in both firearms. I did some googling research and found alot of people had feed issues with hexmags but never really any answers. I started trying to dig in a little a see if I could find out what the issue was. I put some chalk on the mag lips and started testing things out. After a few different tests I could tell it was jamming because the feed lips were a little to thick and the bolt didn't have enough room to go forward in the upper under its own power. I sanded down the feed lips with some sand paper and voila it works perfect in both guns. I didn't have to take off much and most of the sanding was on the top of lips not the inside where it keeps the round in. I know this is such a simple fix but hopefully it helps someone that was in my shoes.

Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:07:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for posting that. My Hexmags have worked well with my AP lowers other than being a bit tight in the magwell, I'll keep this in mind as I build up a couple other brands here shortly.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top