BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:12:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I only DL GI aluminum mags. But since I've stopped using those and only use pmags, I load them all to 30 and never had one issue.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 3:11:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Nope.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 1:08:36 AM EDT
[#3]
1. I don't run mags that require downloading.

2. On a closed bolt... that's a tac reload... which means I have TIME, I have COVER, and there is no shooting going on.

3. I seat the mag on a tac reload, then bump the bottom of the seated mag with back of wrist, since I can't effectively pull on it with a partial mag in the same hand. Then I stow the partial on the right side of my plate carrier.

4. This ensures 100% reliability of the reload and puts 31 rounds in my rifle instead of 29.

Why would you put 28 in a magazine is beyond me. There is no logical reason to do so. It is not 1985 anymore.

USGI mags? Yeah, I might then... but I don't run USGI mags.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 1:08:50 PM EDT
[#4]
30 rounds in all my GI mags. No issues.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:41:03 PM EDT
[#5]
No, I don't download.

My rifles and most mags have had no issues when loaded at 30 rounds.

The two exceptions I have found are two LWMs I have that will not seat in any of my ARs when loaded with a full 30. Even when slapping the ever loving shit out of them.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:01:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Nope.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top