Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2017 8:45:13 PM EDT
Anyone using the Amend2 magazines?  Wondering if the low price means a great deal, or something to avoid.

Ammo Depot Link
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 2:59:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I have 2, they feed well, have a really nice anti tilt follower, and feel well constructed. Now that said the overall fit and finish isn't as nice as the more expensive mags, there is some rough spots and the molding flash material is still there in places and they don't drop free as smoothly as some of my other magazines but they do drop without having to be pulled out.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:04:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I ordered three of them from camofire the other day for 8 a piece. 20 rounds and I received them today. I shot them empty two times each and had no problem with them at all. wont be my first choice but they seemed well worth the money spent
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:08:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I appreciate the feedback guys. Sounds like they may be an acceptable alternative in a pinch. Adding shipping to the price pushes cost up to $10 each; not bad, but only a couple less than PMAG G2 pricing in my area so I'll probably stick with those.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 9:07:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Funny enough, I saw an ad for brownell's  about a 20 pac of these, even in this thread.

Hoping people had some experience, cause it sounds like a great deal.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I have 4. Tested using various rifles. A few Colts including a Sporter from 91, PSA build, Aero build, a DD. About 400 rounds through these mags total, not one hitch. But, I haven't tested them with a 20' drop, dragged behind a truck or run over, dropped into a Louisiana swamp, or tested in temps -50 below 
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 1:16:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I was thinking of these as well. Brownells has them for $62.99 a 10 pack right now, and 20 of them with code LDD $115.98 ($5.79 a mag). There doesn't seem to be much info on them, besides Mrgunsngear has a bunch and says verdict is too early to call, but have never failed him

EDIT: ordered 2o of them, 10 of the FDE, 10 of the Black for $115.98 total. I may flip some of them and keep 10, but we'll see. for $5.79 a mag I figure why not give it a try.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 3:39:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I have some.  They're junk.  Just from sitting around loaded, the feed lips are spreading apart.  They will not insert easily or drop free.  Mine were $11 a year ago.  They might be an OK deal if you couldn't buy much better mags at a lower price.

If you can get them for like $3 each, I say go for it.  They aren't worth $5 when you can get pmags and D&H for $7 with free shipping.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 4:32:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have some.  They're junk.  Just from sitting around loaded, the feed lips are spreading apart.  They will not insert easily or drop free.  Mine were $11 a year ago.  They might be an OK deal if you couldn't buy much better mags at a lower price.

If you can get them for like $3 each, I say go for it.  They aren't worth $5 when you can get pmags and D&H for $7 with free shipping.
View Quote
My experience is different. After reading this, I went and checked for myself. My range mags consist of the following and remain loaded at all times. 4 ETS mags, 4 Amend2, 2 20 round Gen 3 PMags. These are the mags that go to the range and remain loaded at all times and I've had -0- issue's with. All my other mags (Lancer, 30/rd PMags, TangoDown, steel and aluminum mags are in storage and rarely get used). I tested all of them in my rifles (Colt Sporter from 91, Colt 6920s, PSAs, several Aero lowers, Bushy from early 2000s, etc etc). All dropped free loaded, without any issue. They've been loaded well over a year except during range time, and re-loaded right after. I notice nothing strange on the Amend2 mags with the feed lips. YMV, good luck with your decision, I wouldn't hesitate to buy more if the price is right. 
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#9]
luckily I never keep range mags loaded except the day I go to the range. as I said, I'll probably flip half of them on backpage and dick around with the ones leftover
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 5:46:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I have about 10 of the Amend 2 mags. They are made here in my hometown of Idaho Falls Idaho. They work great. Never had a problem with them. They are pretty much the only mag I buy. I do have a few of the mag pulls and they are fine as well.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 11:30:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got 12 of them and they are gtg, so far.  I read a guy saying they bulged when left loaded for 30 days and that they then had problems. I've got a couple loaded for awhile, maybe a couple months, and they are just fine.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 10:16:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Just checked the Amend2 mag I left loaded for several months last night, feed lips spreading. Will not drop free from an LMT lower loaded or empty.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 5:03:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I would pass.

Get D&H for 6.99
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:42:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Pretty much this is the only mag I use. Have never had any problem with them. Left loaded for several months and never a problem.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Ammo Depot had a deal on these so I bought 12 of them. They worked so well I found myself buying another 12. I like the way they feel in my hand and the red follower. They also seem just as strong as other polymer mags and that includes around the feed lip area. The only mags I shoot with 223 and 300 BLK are Pmags and Admend 2 mags. Not one mag related malfunction yet and that after thousand of rounds between those two bullets and mags. I still consider Pmags my go to mags but the Admend2 have been fine so far.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top