Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2017 6:27:51 PM EDT
I've seen pics but none for sale. Did they make up some prototypes that never made production ?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:45:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think they ever made any.

Too bad. I think they would have sold great.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:11:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I was just looking at my two 40-rounders the other day and wondering if they will ever release a window version. I think when you start to reach higher capacities like that, the window really starts to come in handy (longer time between reloads would make it harder to maintain a sense of your round count). I have a feeling that the 40-rounder isn't all that popular - it's just a little too long and unwieldy. While the D-60 costs as much as six 40-rounders, is heavier, and more complex, I'd honestly rather have one D-60 instead of six 40-rounders because of its compact size and higher capacity. I just wonder if they decided there were more promising things to put effort into rather than producing the windowed PMAG 40.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:54:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was just looking at my two 40-rounders the other day and wondering if they will ever release a window version. I think when you start to reach higher capacities like that, the window really starts to come in handy (longer time between reloads would make it harder to maintain a sense of your round count). I have a feeling that the 40-rounder isn't all that popular - it's just a little too long and unwieldy. While the D-60 costs as much as six 40-rounders, is heavier, and more complex, I'd honestly rather have one D-60 instead of six 40-rounders because of its compact size and higher capacity. I just wonder if they decided there were more promising things to put effort into rather than producing the windowed PMAG 40.
View Quote

you make some good points but I think the 40 is in a way a niche magazine for those who are serious competitors in events like 3 gun. where you have prescribed moments to do reloads.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top