AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/20/2017 11:45:37 AM EDT
Are these Brownells mags OK?
078-000-200WB
AR .308 Magazine 308 Winchester 20rd Aluminum Grey

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a couple and they seem to work fine.  Only issue I could find was that the springs are waaay weaker than the Lancer mags I have.  With lots of use I wonder if a problem will show up?  But hell for he price of the Brownells you really cant go wrong for range mags.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:06:13 PM EDT
[#2]
A review I saw here indicated that some had issues with them...

ASC and Pmags have been GTG from my experience but they are not aluminum.

I just picked up some D&H aluminum mags from Palmetto. They seem well made with green followers. They are similar to DPMS factory mags in construction and I would not be surprised if they made them for DPMS... Haven't tried them out yet though...Price was definitely right on them....$10.99... The ASC mags run around $15 and they have offer 5 and 10 rounders...

D&H mags...

44mag for ASC mags
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:18:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone know what maximum cartridge length they allow?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:18:32 PM EDT
[#4]
NO...it's as bad as the DPMS

Stick with the Magpul or D&H. If you can afford top end then the Lancer and LaRue.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:24:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Urbanredneck: your D&H Palmetto link takes me to: D&H 20 Round Aluminum AR-10 Magazine with PSA Baseplate, Black. I thought they were steel?
Good price though...thanks. Do they run OK?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:53:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Urbanredneck: your D&H Palmetto link takes me to: D&H 20 Round Aluminum AR-10 Magazine with PSA Baseplate, Black. I thought they were steel?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Like I said, haven't used mine yet, can only comment that they seem well made.

Does anyone know what maximum cartridge length they allow?

OAL with the D&H, there is a double fold of metal at the front which shortens the OAL allowed just like the DPMS mags. The ASC are stainless and have a single layer of metal all the way around so you have a slightly longer OAL.

FYI...I think I saw the Lancers allow longer OAL also but not sure about that. Pmags are fairly short.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:25:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got 5, never an issue in either my Aero or Mega rifles.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:46:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Mrgunsngear: Brownells mags (I will use then in an Aero set-up)?
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top