Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2017 1:27:32 PM EDT
Anybody have problems with them. About 3 out of 8 I have cause mis feeds or double feeds.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 1:43:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I know the first gen hexmags had issues that were supposedly resolved with their gen 2 release.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 1:59:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a lot of PMags. They work fine.

Most of mine are aluminum GI 30s, and those work damn near perfectly.

I don't disagree with your choice to diversify your mags, but I occasionally wonder about answers in search of a question.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 2:15:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I snagged a couple dozed from PA when they had them for $7 or so a piece. I used them as my range mags and they have done okay so far. I would 't trust my life to them or buy more, rather have d&h for that price
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a few hex mags, they work okay, but they are not my first choice, I like my D&H and USGI mags for anything important.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 5:07:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine work fine. Read the second gen have some feedlip improvements and are easier to insert full on a closed bolt. I'd try them!
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:01:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anybody have problems with them. About 3 out of 8 I have cause mis feeds or double feeds.
View Quote

Are your mags Series 2?
Check each side closely and see if they are marked.
I had some issues with my series 1 mags and contacted Hexmag.
I ended up sending in close to 20 mags.
They replaced all of them with series 2 mags and they have all worked good.
If they are series 1, or unmarked, contact hexmag and they will let you send them all in for replacement.
All Series 2 mags are marked as such.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I use my hex mags as dedicated .50 Beowulf mags.  No troubles with them in that role.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:43:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I have two 15 rounders both will not feed from the first round. They suck.

(they are gen2)
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:53:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got a lot of PMags. They work fine.

Most of mine are aluminum GI 30s, and those work damn near perfectly.

I don't disagree with your choice to diversify your mags, but I occasionally wonder about answers in search of a question.
View Quote

You mean like the original PMAGs? As far as I know there was no market for a polymer mag before they came out so wouldn't they have been an answer in search of a question.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You mean like the original PMAGs? As far as I know there was no market for a polymer mag before they came out so wouldn't they have been an answer in search of a question.
View Quote

They became an exception that proved the rule - there were crappy polymer mags before PMAGs, and seem to still be plenty of crappy polymer mags since.

Heck, Aluminum was an iffy mag material before Armalite - they were steel up until then.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#11]
My 2 Hex mags don't like 300 black out. They give me feeding problems with just those 2 mags. My Pmags work flawlessly with 223 and 300 black out.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:10:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Lots of hexmag threads if you look. Consensus is pretty mixed, some people appear to have issues while others such as myself have no issues. Guess it depends on your gun.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top