Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2017 3:43:41 PM EDT
I have a Ok Ind. and an Adverntureline magazine, one each that have black followers.  There is no date stamps on the outside and was wondering how I can tell if they are preban.  I would like to sell them and want to be sure when I sell them.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 3:52:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Take a look inside the bodies for internal stamping.  Also see if a CAGE code is stamped anywhere, some companies didn't exist before 94. Aside from that, they should be pre ban, which only means something in MA.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 4:22:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Not really caring money wise, just dont want to send them to the wrong place.  So MA is the only place prebans are excepted? Also, I have not sold magazines in forever, what is the going rate for USGI and ordinary Pmags?
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 5:04:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I found that OK to be stamped 91 on the inside ant the Adventure line mags were all made in the 70s and 80s (per the internet), so they are preban. Is this correct?   Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 5:10:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I found this:

Adventure Line was one of the early magazine contractors, making both 20 and 30-round magazines. Adventure Line was aquired by Parsons, and eventually by Center. Adventure Line mags had gold-colored anodizing, black followers, and have especially long-lasting moly finish. Made from late 1960s-early 1970s. Floorplates stamped:
ADVENTURE LINE MFG. CO.
PARSONS, KS. U.S.A.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 5:23:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Floorplates usually don't matter, since GI floorplates are all interchangeable and could have been swapped at any time the mags were ever disassembled to clean or service. The correct floorplate on the correct early-model magazine is a bit more definitive, but once you've made it into the 30 rounders after the constant-curve bodies, all bets are mostly off.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 5:31:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not really caring money wise, just dont want to send them to the wrong place.  So MA is the only place prebans are excepted? Also, I have not sold magazines in forever, what is the going rate for USGI and ordinary Pmags?
View Quote

Looking at the mag deals threads, usgis are about $6 and moe pmags are $8

MA is the only place where preban mag means anything nowadays.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:42:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, put them up for sale for around reg price.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks, put them up for sale for around reg price.
View Quote

If you want to do the MA guys a solid, limit your sale to MA residents.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 4:15:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Thinking the same.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top