Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2017 4:03:14 PM EDT
I saw magazine at Cabela's that uses rollers on the follower. I think it was promag any one have one?
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 5:11:16 PM EDT
[#1]
No, however ProMag has one of the worst reputations in the industry when it comes to magazines. Let someone else try them out before you purchase. They may be fantastic, but that would be a first for that company.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 7:49:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 7:53:55 PM EDT
[#3]
When mags were hard to come by I purchased some pro mags. Had trouble with them staying seated and falling out. I would never rely on them........ever.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 8:56:57 PM EDT
[#4]
i picked one up based on reputation... for training for malfunctions. it isnt the worst mag ive ever used as it has never given me any thing other than an occasional double feed but hey thats why i bought it. it certainly isnt going with me if the shit goes down though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 9:23:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 10:51:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Local pawn shop has a case of them. Only $12ea.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 11:36:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 4:51:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 9:51:23 AM EDT
[#9]
have had mine 2 years, with no problems, you ought to try them out.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 10:25:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a sten mag I think it is with the roller follower.

I dont have a sten... I just saw it at a gun show for ten bucks and grabbed it
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 11:32:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When mags were hard to come by I purchased some pro mags. Had trouble with them staying seated and falling out. I would never rely on them........ever.
View Quote

I have two or three from a warranty claim.  They were put in a California attic and after the summer, they would no longer cycle.  I don't know how the replacements run.  

I told the guy to buy P-mags.  I bet people get fucked all the time by the confusion.  

Surprisingly, ProMag is a Phoenix AZ company......
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 9:06:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 12:13:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Probably a Sterling mag. Is it curved and holds 34 rounds?
View Quote

Correct
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 4:58:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I have two or three from a warranty claim.  They were put in a California attic and after the summer, they would no longer cycle.  I don't know how the replacements run.  

I told the guy to buy P-mags.  I bet people get fucked all the time by the confusion.  

Surprisingly, ProMag is a Phoenix AZ company......
View Quote

I found a G17 ProMag out in the desert near one of my many favorite shooting spots. It was filled with sand and rocks, and when I took it home, spring and steel feed lips covered in rust. I gave it an overnight Coke bath, removed the rust, cleaned it up, wiped down the steel parts with my CLP soaked silicone wipes, and reassembled it. It surprisingly worked well at first but recently started to give me random FTEs in my Glock 19. Its okay as I already knew Promag is American made junk so I use it as a training mag. I was waiting to see how long before it started to cause failures.

How the fuck do people confuse PROMAG with Magpul PMAG? Its not hard to see the differences between the two.

ProMag moved from CA to AZ a few years ago, good for them at least.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top