Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/8/2017 8:12:09 PM EDT
Hey all,

i converted an AR over to 9mm cause I couldnt buy one (stupid MA). I used a colt style magwell adapter, my friends colt mags works perfect, his uzi mag works as well but doesnt hold bolt back. I am looking for Colt mags (preban) but can find them resonably priced. Also, I havent found any uzi mags either. Any suggestions from 9mm owners out there? Or do you have any for sale? greerstyl @ gmail . com if you do .

Thanks for any info
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 8:26:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Brownells sells them with a goody coating. ( They didnt work well for me)     http://www.avantlink.com/click.php?tt=cl&pw=55963&ctc=ixq2bigvux00zk8a00y51&mi=10077&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brownells.com%2Fmagazines%2Frifle-magazines%2Fmagazines%2Far-15-m16-9mm-magazines-prod57092.aspx

Palmetto also sells them but I think they are out of stock. ( Best mag for my gun)  http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-9mm-smg-magazine.html

You can also try the ASC ones, but they are considered lower quality ( I never had a problem)

The one pro-mag I have works well.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 8:36:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Cross post this in the MA home town forum too.

You could try a want to buy in the equipment exchange.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 10:02:22 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys yes i live in MA. ill try WTB thank you
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 2:39:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Could also try 44Mag.com, they have originals in from time to time.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Since you're in MA, cutting slots in UZI mags is probably the path of least resistance. Look at RTG Parts for them. Maybe split a 50 pack with surface rust with a friend or two. The info about exactly where to cut the slot is in this thread.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 8:09:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not sure what's legal for you to buy in MA, but here are some sources of Colt style 9mm mags.
PSA already mentioned, and they run sales every now and then for as low as $19.99 each for the 32 rounders.
Genuine Colt mags from Arms Unlimited
20 rounders made by C-Products good for shooting off a bench from SG Ammo
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:25:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I believe since he's in MA, he needs magazines from the prehistoric era?  Manufactured before some day in '94?
Is there anything saying which part of the magazine has to be from 94?  Maybe he can find some old colt baseplates and rebuild them using newer components?
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Mag bodies must be from before September 14, 1994.

I don't think MA allows "rebuild kits" like California used to.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 4:57:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Since you're in MA, cutting slots in UZI mags is probably the path of least resistance.  The info about exactly where to cut the slot is in this thread.
View Quote
With your ban requirements this is probably the best option. I think Rock River ships their 9mm with converted Uzi mags.

Uzi mags are built like tanks. They won't hold the bolt open on the last shot without extra modification to the follower.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 5:23:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I have 6 or 8 Uzi mags and a loader ...email sent.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I have some Meggar 9mm Colt mags.  PM me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 5:12:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Doesn't Metalform make the magazines for Colt?
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top