Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/8/2017 11:02:37 AM EDT

Not sure if the link will work :/
First post here.
This mag looks to be a new 20 rd, but with a nice shiny finish, not the matte look that you see everywhere. It looks to have three pins in it. I can't find it online anywhere.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 12:51:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't tell much from pic.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 1:15:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Hard to tell. To me it just looks like a used magizine that has been modified to limit capacity.

Had to link your pic to the actual image not the gallery page.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 2:39:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmm...okay, well thanks everyone :)
Do you guys know of a brand of magazine that has the shiny stainless look rather than the matte finish?
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hmm...okay, well thanks everyone :)
Do you guys know of a brand of magazine that has the shiny stainless look rather than the matte finish?
View Quote

Back in the 70s or 80s colt toyed with a different finish called colt guard and some rifles were finished with it I believe it was some type of nickel finish.  I believe the rifles were shipped with matching colt guard magazines.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 12:44:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I got a magazine like that when I bought a new ban era Bushmaster back around 1999 or 2000 (one of those A2 carbines with the perm pinned "AK Brake").

It looked like someone took a 20 round magazine, squared off the bottom and pinned a limiter inside using two or three silver finished cross pins. The mag body wasn't shiny, but rather a very light gray parkerized finish (that was super thin, I remember the magazine scratching super easily). The floorplate was black and had a Bushmaster snake logo on it if I remember correctly.

I don't remember what happened to that magazine. I think I sold it along with the rifle it came with a long time ago.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 7:44:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, it looks like a Bushmaster. But Bushmaster usually has base plates with their logo on it?
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:09:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a couple (circa 2001-2002) direct from Bushmaster with blank floorplates and the 3 rivets.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:12:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 6:07:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like a Perma-Silk refinished mag...

Or a Dri-Film Moly refinished mag...

https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?21454-How-To-Refinishing-AR-mags-w-Dry-Film-Moly&styleid=20
View Quote
I did an old 20rnd mag like that.Basically just scrubbed off the old finish and lubed it. nothing special like in the link.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:53:07 PM EDT
[#11]
That looks like the mags that came with my ban-era Bushmaster CMP rifle.

Found a pic:

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top