Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/15/2016 8:34:58 PM EDT
This was my first time using any teflon coated mags. Aluminum mags I have always used were dry film. I just got some of the Palmeto teflon mags last week. I went to load them up today and I am running into some trouble. Using brass case ammo they load hard but but do load. When loading steel cased ammo they are near impossable to load. Thinking the steel cased ammo was the issue(never had an issue in the past) I loaded some Pmags and Okay's with the steel cased ammo and they load fine. What gives? Anyone else gotten some PSA teflon mags lately and had any issues? Do they need to be broken in? I disassembled one of the mags that was hard to load and put just the follower in it and tilted the mag from side to side and the follower slid from the top to the bottom freely.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 8:57:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a few cases of the D&H teflon mags from PSA. Only used about 7 so far. They are hard to load, more so with the steel case, as you said.Function has been flawless though.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 9:17:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Just gave the inside of one of them a little shot of WD40 and it loaded a lot easier. Not as easy as my Okay's or Mgpul's but it did help.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I spray the inside of the mag with Eezox, then spraythe follower and spring. Let them dry, and they get really smooth.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 10:14:19 PM EDT
[#4]
All mine load just fine. (IMI M193)
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 10:50:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Get a Lula.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 12:09:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get a Lula.
View Quote

I've got something close and $500 cheaper.

Video
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 9:40:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I've never experienced my D&H mags being hard to load. They're great mags IMO.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 4:36:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Was it a full moon last night? I have since loaded 6 more of them and they all loaded better. Guess Ill see how they load after I empty them and reload them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 6:10:55 PM EDT
[#9]
So I got 20 in from PSA and they're different than my older ones.  

The mfg date is up near the feedlips, the cage code is a different font, the finish is more matte than the old satin Teflon, they are difficult to load and most bizarre is if your hand is sweaty at all the finish becomes tacky almost like paint that's not quite dry.

Wash oils etc off your hands not tacky at all. My girlfriend said the same thing about the finish.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 3:48:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a mess of the D&H mags. Compared to P-Mags, they were hard to load at first, but have slicked up with use. I didn't care for the slick teflon finish, so I masked off the top 1 1/2" near the feed lips and painted the rest of the body with self-etching primer from Rustoleum. Now my mags are OD green, non-reflective and easier to hold on to. The insides are still tefloned.

Here's a crappy old pic from my crappy old phone. Painted D&H magazine between FDE and OD P-Mags.

[/img]

I was always taught to clean, but never lube the insides of any magazine because most any oil or grease will attract dust. I'm in Arizona, so dust is a consideration. I see a lot of references to lubing mags; how's that working out for everyone?
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top