Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2016 8:21:28 PM EDT
Is this still not legal?  

http://smartgunlaws.org/large-capacity-ammunition-magazines-in-colorado/

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:35:14 PM EDT
[#1]
yep, can't buy/ sell/ trade/give away mag larger then 15 mags, been that since 2013.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:22:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Ask all the shops here with 55gal drums full of mags for sale and see what their opinion of the law is. Customers include everyone from State Police to dirty inkies.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:30:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Whatever.  I just was in a shop that was selling a bunch of old GI 30s
For 10. Ea.  New magpul 30s were 15.00

We ain't fully californicated yet.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 5:25:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Almost  all the shops I have been in to since the ban still sell regular capacity  mags. No one gives a shit.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 2:10:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Good to see CO isn't bending over and taking it like CA gun owners seem to be.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 5:54:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good to see CO isn't bending over and taking it like CA gun owners seem to be.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 7:38:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is this still not legal?  

http://smartgunlaws.org/large-capacity-ammunition-magazines-in-colorado/
View Quote

Correct. However...
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 2:29:25 PM EDT
[#8]
And just to think, we have this criminal gem Rhonda Fields, to thank for sponsoring the mag ban bill.
Link

Link Posted: 12/29/2016 11:18:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Almost  all the shops I have been in to since the ban still sell regular capacity  mags. No one gives a shit.
View Quote

Well that makes a recent event make more sense.  I took a piistol class recently that had two brothers in it---one was a local, the other was from Boulder or somewhere near there.  He was one of those guys that loves to come to Texas and then display his little man syndrome in regards to us.  After the 3rd of 4th time he piped up with something stupid I told him to enjoy his fucking magazine ban.  He acted incredulous and called me a liar, so I had to show it to him on my phone.  He still acted in disbelief (which I assumed was just because of his pride) though.

How are they getting around it?  Is it like they did in California for a while selling them disassembled as "rebuild kits"?
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

How are they getting around it?  
View Quote

When the Sheriff says he won't go after it, no one cares.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#11]
As a "black market" item they appear to be available locally.

The killer issue is that no out of state dealer will ship mags to an individual. So if I were to order another CZ which comes with 17 round mags from Bud's they would remove any magazines prior to shipment and I won't get any credit for the loss.

Example - the build packages that come with 10 pmags from PSA - no mags to CO.

Its a vague and dirty law that was slapped together in a hurry to push it through while they could. The law completely fails to address many issues. It will likely fall to a proper legal challenge if it isn't repealed.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 3:08:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right now no one cares. In a few more election cycles if we cant kick these democraps out I think it will be a different story.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 4:44:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How are they getting around it?  Is it like they did in California for a while selling them disassembled as "rebuild kits"?
View Quote

From what I've seen, the 'rebuild kits' are how they're transferred between two individuals, but most shops have 30 rounders new in the package right on the shelf.  A few places have signs saying they'll only sell to Mil/LEO.  Not sure if they actually enforce that policy, not that it would matter.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:23:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

They aren't getting around it, they're simply not enforcing it (for now). Something like 90% of the sheriffs in CO have stated that they believe the law is uncostitutional and that they will not enforce it. The CO legislators who sponsored the law really did not understand the population outside of Denver and enacted a law that they can't enforce without local LE support.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 2:25:02 AM EDT
[#15]
FUCKING GOOD FOR THEM!!!!!     Nutz, glad to see some nutz.   California is lost,this can be saved.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 9:22:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Well that makes a recent event make more sense.  ...

View Quote

We just go to our favorite dealer
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 11:02:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought an AR in CO and the dealer I used for the transfer pocketed my 6.5 grendel mags. I'm not a fan of bighorn in Denver over this.

I found a new dealer, and while I haven't bought any new ARs lately, he told me he only sells mag kits for parts use only and if he suspects I would assemble it he wouldn't be able to sell it to me.
If I used him for my next transfer with a high capacity mag I'd get it unassembled for "parts."
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:21:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Where there is a will, there's way.  We probably have 1/2 million folks who would like to have mags that their arms were meant to have.  That's a whole lotta wills & ways.  I bet there are double the 15+ round mags in CO that there would have been with no ban.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:46:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Before the ban talk I was a 10-12 mag per caliber guy. I'm not saying what I have now, but it's more than double
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 6:00:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Before the ban talk I was a 10-12 mag per caliber guy. I'm not saying what I have now, but it's more than double
View Quote
Yep I bought 150 PMAGs before the election
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 11:26:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

They aren't getting around it, they're simply not enforcing it (for now). Something like 90% of the sheriffs in CO have stated that they believe the law is uncostitutional and that they will not enforce it. The CO legislators who sponsored the law really did not understand the population outside of Denver and enacted a law that they can't enforce without local LE support.
View Quote

"No one Is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it."
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 5:14:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Vote them out , before its to late .
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 5:16:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Vote them out , before its to late .
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:48:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Pertinent...ish

http://www.krdo.com/news/colorado-springs/fact-check-colorados-gun-magazine-ban/323772960
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:57:42 PM EDT
[#26]
I've been told individuals will sell to Colorado residents, as a silly state law doesn't apply nor mean jack squat to a resident of another state.  Ya know, as "parts kits".
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top