BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 2:10:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I have 150 NIW M3 Pmags, my KAC lower had the same issue and I just filed down the back of the magwell.

A little aluminum black and it was good as new

Link Posted: 5/14/2017 2:22:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't want to get off topic, but I understand the Pmag 40's are Gen 3?  Would they have the over insertion tab on them too that possibly causes an issue?

If correct, those are the only Gen 3's I own.  I'll have to check them with all my lowers.  I have used them in 2 Spikes lowers with no issues, but I need to try my others.

Thanks...!
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#3]
M3s lock in just fine into my Spikes lower, but won't drop free. Never had a problem with M2s, L5 AWMs, or GI
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 7:46:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't want to get off topic, but I understand the Pmag 40's are Gen 3?  Would they have the over insertion tab on them too that possibly causes an issue?

If correct, those are the only Gen 3's I own.  I'll have to check them with all my lowers.  I have used them in 2 Spikes lowers with no issues, but I need to try my others.

Thanks...!
View Quote
I have one and can comfirm that they do have the over insertion tab.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 12:48:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I took a close look at my PSA lower and noticed that one side of the magwell was noticeably higher than the other. After a little filing the M3's are working great. Who doesn't love filing on an SBR lower right?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had a BCM lower that wouldn't let Gen3 PMags lock in. BCM ignored me completely when I asked about it. I ended up slightly filing the lower, had to take off barely any material and now they lock in fine. A little alumablack and its looks brand new. I posted pictures of it in an old thread and people went ape shit that I dare to touch a BCM lower with a file. To me it was worth it, I have about 20-30 gen3's and I didn't want to be in a situation where some mags don't work with any particular gun.
Don't feel bad I had to do the same thing on my KAC SR-15 lower to get my Gen3 pmags to fit.

Sorry I have 150 of them and they worked fine in all my lowers but the KAC one.

It was a easy fix

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20856/IMG-1065-183266.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20856/IMG-1067-183265.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20856/IMG-1066-183268.jpg
I took a close look at my PSA lower and noticed that one side of the magwell was noticeably higher than the other. After a little filing the M3's are working great. Who doesn't love filing on an SBR lower right?
Its just a lower
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top