Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/6/2016 11:50:32 AM EDT
A Friend was ordering parts from Numrich Arms and noticed they had a sale on different AR-15 mags.  He ordered two mags manufactured in Bulgaria and a 30 round Brownell's mag for $9.

One of the Bulgarian mags is polymer with steel reinforced feed lips which hold 35 rounds.  The second mag is steel with detent removable base plate which holds 30 rounds.  The 35 round magazine looked to be of decent quality and was about 1/2" longer than a traditional STANG aluminum 30 round mag.

I think I'll see if I can borrow the mags to test and photograph.   I'll post the info here.

Just curious if anyone else has seen or experimented with these Bulgarian manufactured mags.  With the number of quality US manufactured mags I wouldn't have purchased these but my Friend was curious about them.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/1088210.htm

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/1235900.htm
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:16:15 PM EDT
[#2]
That is the same magazine and I either forgot about these or never noticed the threads concerning these Bulgarian mags.   I figure my Friend will use them for range mags and just have them for the novelty.

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:17:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I like these mags. Tell your friend that is he trims 3/4" off the follower and cuts a couple coils from the spring it holds 40 rounds. Modified like that I had no issues with feeding either. Regret selling those magazines...I might just have to buy some. Thanks for the tip off.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 10:06:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't own any of the 35 rds mags, but I have been using these (perhaps made by a different factory?) IK-520 40 rds since 2008 +/-  and they have been flawless.  They were available a few years before the PMAG 40.  I guess if there is a reason to buy anything other than the PMAG 40, it would be the steel reinforced upper section of these Bulgarian made mags.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top