Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2016 11:45:23 PM EDT
I am really surprised as what some people are asking for 20 round mags, pre ban means nothing to most of the states, Hillery lost and Trump is pro-gun!

But almost $30 bucks each for used metal 20 round magazines?

Come on!

Should have stashed a bunch of them over the years and shipped them home to my wife, I would be a millionaire by now!

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:53:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Here you go Dave, smile.
Joy
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:00:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here you go Dave, smile.
Joy
View Quote

Thank you Tig

I had not looked at Brownells for a while!

Just ordered 2 10 packs, free shipping with a code.

Link Posted: 12/1/2016 8:16:37 AM EDT
[#3]
No problem. Seem to be quality mags, from what I can gather.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:56:46 AM EDT
[#4]
They look good, but test them as soon as you get them.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:11:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:20:04 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

I like those.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:32:33 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 6:46:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice thing about Brownells is they have the forever no bullshit warranty.  If the magazines crap out on your in 5 years, send them back for a refund/replacement.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 8:11:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had good luck  with the 20's and 30's from Brownells.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:48:50 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

this is what you seek OP
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 3:07:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

this is what you seek OP
View Quote

I ordered two 10 packs from Brownells, I will see how it goes and if needed I will return them and pick up the other ones.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 1:45:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Well my Brownells mags are from years ago but, they have all been great. Pre or early Ojackwaggon.
I even have a few I used to model when building a 556 ak74 and broke the backs slamming them around.
I marked them BAD and still use them.  
Those were coyote colored 20s.  
So you are not going to be disappointed I don't think.  
And they do have a good warrantee.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Nice thing about Brownells is they have the forever no bullshit warranty.  If the magazines crap out on your in 5 years, send them back for a refund/replacement.
View Quote

THIS
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:23:59 AM EDT
[#14]
the old ones are notably better than the new ones quality wise but it seems the new ones still work but that old school alloy follower seems much smoother vs plastic in the new ones.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:30:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Anyone have a source for 20rd magazine springs?
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 1:13:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am really surprised as what some people are asking for 20 round mags, pre ban means nothing to most of the states, Hillery lost and Trump is pro-gun!

Come on!

Should have stashed a bunch of them over the years and shipped them home to my wife, I would be a millionaire by now!

View Quote

I had someone look at me like I was stealing from them when I had  15 each on some retro 20s, Because they weren't five. They swore it should be five because that's what they were ten years ago. I'm not doing gun shows anymore. If I got into why it would just be me going off.
Gun shows are now just a place for people to spend the day away from the house while spending $10 at the same time. While it's nice to hear people reminisce about the good all days while looking at all my nice surplus it's not making money. In fact at the local shows there's only A few people who do true military surplus and I'm one of those. The rest is just stuff you can order from Cabela's or bass pro ,  or direct from China .
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 4:30:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Come on!

View Quote

I never really thought about states (in the NE and CA maybe) who can't have new mags, only those manufactured before a certain date. I'm not purely ignorant, just a busy guy who doesn't pay attention to mags because I have had enough to last two generations for a long time.  I'd be happy to help a brother out with a straight trade:  new Okays for Simmons or Colt, definitely pre-1980.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Well received my Brownell mags this morning and shot a few of them and don't see any problems with them, they all fed and functioned just fine.  For the price, they are a decent mag, I think I may order some more.

I think I am going to sell a bunch of my 30's, they are just to heavy when fully loaded for range day!

Thanks for the tip Tig~!

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:34:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Come on!

View Quote

But pre-ban DOES mean something in some states.   Stop trying to buy up ancient magazines and let the poor ban state people buy them.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 1:10:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

But pre-ban DOES mean something in some states.   Stop trying to buy up ancient magazines and let the poor ban state people buy them.
View Quote

What are you talking about, I have not bought any pre-bannes, the last 20 I received a couple of weeks ago, were brand new and they work just fine.

And to be honest, I will buy anything I want to buy.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:33:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well received my Brownell mags this morning and shot a few of them and don't see any problems with them, they all fed and functioned just fine.  For the price, they are a decent mag, I think I may order some more.

I think I am going to sell a bunch of my 30's, they are just to heavy when fully loaded for range day!

Thanks for the tip Tig~!

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/22/2016 2:43:16 PM EDT
[#22]

I have 20 of the 20's from Brownell's that I bought last spring. They've worked fine, but I did notice that the followers can stick inside of they get tilted at all (probably a non-issue in normal used, but just testing the followers with my fingers I had them stick quite a bit).

I put a super thin coat of clp on the insides and that solved the problem. They've worked out very well for me. I should watch for them to  go on sale again and buy more.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 5:21:05 PM EDT
[#23]
44mag.com has 20 round Gen3 Pmags for $13 w/free shipping
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 3:02:56 AM EDT
[#24]
The down side to buying the 10-packs from Brownells is if you get a bad one, you've likely gotten ten bad ones because they're all from the same batch.

They cheerfully replace them, but it's a "aw darnit" moment when you've sent back one magazine to find the same defect in the other nine the next outing.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 5:56:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The down side to buying the 10-packs from Brownells is if you get a bad one, you've likely gotten ten bad ones because they're all from the same batch.

They cheerfully replace them, but it's a "aw darnit" moment when you've sent back one magazine to find the same defect in the other nine the next outing.
View Quote

Well that has not happened, I have a few hundred rounds through all of them and they all function just fine.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#26]
I am a fan of Palmetto State Armory, a little slow shipping but always top quality, fair pricing and friendly service when I called.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/d-h-magazine-ar-15-223-5-56mm-20rd-capacity-aluminum-blackteflon-20-al-bt-mp-rt.html
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:  I never really thought about states (in the NE and CA maybe) who can't have new mags, only those manufactured before a certain date. I'm not purely ignorant, just a busy guy who doesn't pay attention to mags because I have had enough to last two generations for a long time.  I'd be happy to help a brother out with a straight trade:  new Okays for Simmons or Colt, definitely pre-1980.
View Quote

Massachusetts only @ this time, so far as I know.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top