Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/30/2016 6:30:23 PM EDT
I just got a few new Okay surefeed 20rd mags, and noticed that they have the old black wobble followers. I've read that the 20rd doesn't need them by design?  Is it because the body of the magazine is straight?
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep.  The follower has to tilt.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 9:55:42 PM EDT
[#2]
it is because they arent curved. they feed flat and dont stick down with no radius in the mag body
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 3:26:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.  So I shouldn't have any issues with reliability then?

I suppose my FAL and G3 magazines are the same way, I probably shouldn't worry about it

When they designed the 30rd AR magazine, why did the do so with a curve instead of making it straight like the 20rd ones?
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 4:28:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I suppose my FAL and G3 magazines are the same way, I probably shouldn't worry about it

When they designed the 30rd AR magazine, why did the do so with a curve instead of making it straight like the 20rd ones?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:
The curved shape is to aid in reliable feeding. 5.56 cases are not straight, they're tapered slightly, and when stacked vertically, result in a natural curve. If they were placed in a straight magazine, they would have a tendency to feed nose down, and get hung up on the feedramps. This is the same reason for the slanted floorplate of the twenty round magazine.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:13:01 PM EDT
[#5]
The French use a straight mag in their FAMS bullpup.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top