Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/29/2016 2:17:03 PM EDT
My Dad had these with his stash and he's getting old and gave them to me.  I know we've used them and never had any problems.  But I really don't recall anybody on here ever posting a pic with them.  They look like basically a cut down 30.  I should've taken a pic of that perspective, but if you put one next to a 30, it's the same curve.  Seems like they should be a good thing.  But like I said, I don't ever see anybody ever using them and I wonder if there is a reason for that.  

I like 20 round mags.  I just need to pic up some magpul followers for them.  

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 2:23:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a few at Knob Creek once the AWB hit its sunset.  I have had zero problems with them.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#2]
instead of asking if they are GTG, take it out to range and see for yourself if they are.  

I wouldn't even spend the money for a PMAG follower you might not even need it. I have a bunch of M16 20 round  USGI mags, that are probably older then you, with the original alloy followers and they all function perfectly.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 2:42:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
instead of asking if they are GTG, take it out to range and see for yourself if they are.  

I wouldn't even spend the money for a PMAG follower you might not even need it. I have a bunch of M16 20 round  USGI mags, that are probably older then you, with the original alloy followers and they all function perfectly.
View Quote

Yes, I will use them.  We already have.  But it's been a while and I was getting feedback from others to see if they've had any problems.  They seem to be a rarity so, I didn't think it was odd question.

Also, how I understand it is the 20 round mags need to have a follower that tips and don't usually nosedive because of the angle on the bottom.  Curved mags CAN take a nosedive with the USGI green followers.  I've never had it happen and I've used regular USGI mags quite a bit.  But I recently started putting in magpul followers in my USGI to be safe.  Because the green ones surely do tip down in front if you press on them.  Where a magpul follower won't.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#4]
gtg
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 4:26:41 PM EDT
[#5]
The 20rd GI doesn't need a Magpul because it's straight bodied. The curved 20 could likely use one.

OP those mags are made by D&H and are very nice. I have one that is identical to yours with a BCM floorplate.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 6:38:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Nobody ever posts a gun pic with them in it.  Hehehehe.  Not milspec enough I guess.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 7:58:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep, those exact ones work flawlessly on my XM15-E2S's.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 3:20:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys!!!!
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#9]
They're D&H and GTG. Bushmaster also used C-Products and I'd avoid them.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top