Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/23/2016 11:42:43 PM EDT
The new Daniel Defense Magazine is the only magazine worthy of the Daniel Defense name. Built with the same legendary quality and exacting specifications as our rifles, this lightweight magazine holds up to 32 5.56mm rounds and is molded from a durable carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer. An improved feed-lip design and an enhanced anti-tilt follower provide smooth, reliable feeding, while an impact-absorbing baseplate design adds to the magazine’s overall durability. A non-snag design and textured surfaces for an enhanced grip make inserting and removing this magazine nearly effortless, and dissembling it for maintenance is nearly as easy. For reliability, durability, ease of maintenance, and legendary Daniel Defense quality in a magazine for your 5.56mm rifle, go with the name you can trust. Go with Daniel Defense.

MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION

32 round capacity
Improved feed lip design for optimized feeding and reliability
Textured surfaces for enhanced grip
Impact absorbing baseplate design
Enhanced asnti-tilt follower
Easy to disassemble
Non-snag design

Patent pending
Made in the USA

OK...Any good feed back on these yet???
Whats the word?

I'm just looking for some real life feed back.  Not interested in what mags you would use instead...just trying to learn more about the DD32's.
Thanks,
The Medic
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 11:58:57 PM EDT
[#1]
FWIW, I have one that came with my new DDM4 v7..no issues thus far.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 3:03:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Haven't heard much but I just can't get behind any of these new magazines..GI and Magpul have everything covered. Lancers if you're a special snowflake.

DD does make quality gear obviously so I'm sure it shoots well but the HK mags also sucked so who knows.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 10:52:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Well... it's more expensive and does the same thing other mags do, so... there's that.
The only mags I use are L5AWM, then ETS or Pmag (I'd rate both similar with slight edge going to ETS). To me, their all the same except L5AWM's. AWM's actually have something REAL to justify the price (steel feedlips/cage. The steel cage does two things: strengthen the feed lips, which is great for long term storage, AND provide a STEEL shelf for the mag latch to catch).
What does the DD offer to justify the extra cost? An extra 2 rounds??
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 10:26:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I got one for my birthday last week. Well made, nicely finished, especially like the texture. I'm not crazy about the 'loop' at the bottom. Too small to grab. so not sure why it's even there. My plan is to cut the loop off to see if it functions OK without it. Preliminary and hasty measurements indicate that I can cut the loop off and still have enough meat left for the mag to function.

It will take 33 rounds.

Very, very slightly longer than a P-mag.

It seats easily on a closed bolt with 32 rounds, at least in several different rifles.

Ran fine during my limited 'testing', locked back when empty.

I did not subject it to any torture tests involving vehicles, mud, sand, etc. Cigar smoke caused no disruption in performance.....................

32 is better than 30, but there has to be diminishing return at some point.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 10:27:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I have 6x; 0 issues to date
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 10:35:16 PM EDT
[#6]
For 2 extra rounds, it is not worth it to me.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:09:30 AM EDT
[#7]
There was another thread about these before. I got 10 when they first came out and used them in a Dave Harrington class almost exclusively for one day and then rotated with some of my PMags the next day. No issues. I ran them loaded to a full 32, seated on closed bolts no problem in my DDM4V1 ( one of the original with Omega X rail ) and my MK18 pistol.

I like the textured feel of the DD mags and feel I have better control of them. This was noticeable doing "tac reloads" where I have to do some finger magic to juggle 2 mags and operate the magazine release with my support hand because I shoot lefty.  I can justify in my mind the cost difference for that texture and the 2-4 extra rounds (if you load a PMag 30 to 28 or 30). I was able to get a good deal on more and now have 30 of them and have sold off my PMags.

All that said what may work for me, might not work for you,  your money, your life, your call, etc.. You never know if you'll like something until you try.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:10:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Well I am used to 20 rounders that is what I had for many years in the service, so, 30 is a luxury to me!

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well I am used to 20 rounders that is what I had for many years in the service, so, 30 is a luxury to me!

View Quote

We had a few of those floating around the armory at one of my duty stations.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:09:53 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm a fan of DD stuff, but I like Lancer mags and I have no plans to switch.

If they ever go on sale I'll probably buy some though.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 7:30:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I picked up one to try because well it's DD. Functioned fine loaded to 32 rds in both semi and full auto.

Primary Arms has them for $14.99 right now!
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:45:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm just looking for some real life feed back.  Not interested in what mags you would use instead...just trying to learn more about the DD32's.
View Quote

A lot of you are ignoring this part of OP's post. We don't care what else you use or why you don't use DD mags.

We only want to know about DD's mags.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 3:16:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

A lot of you are ignoring this part of OP's post. We don't care what else you use or why you don't use DD mags.

View Quote

That is not the way it normally works around here, if you post in public forums you are going to get all kinds of information.

That is like telling this group, hey if you don't have one of these XYZ gizmo's then don't post, ya that will work out good!

By the way, were did the animated icons feature go?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That is not the way it normally works around here, if you post in public forums you are going to get all kinds of information.

That is like telling this group, hey if you don't have one of these XYZ gizmo's then don't post, ya that will work out good!
View Quote

Perhaps, but in this case OP specifically said they didn't want to hear about anything that wasn't direct information about DD mags.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 8:41:17 PM EDT
[#15]
I have one that came with my DDM4V7LW.

When I loaded it with 32 rounds it seems to have feeding issues from to much pressure  being put on the first 2 rounds.

I had a  IMI M855 bullet being pushed into the casing. When I charged the rifle. My guess would be the pressure tilted the round more downward causing the bullet to miss the M4 ramps.

Also I dropped the magazine loaded with 32 rounds and a few rounds were dented pretty bad. It was a complete accident.  I don't know if that was a magazine or bullet issue.

So I started loading 30 rounds and it's been flawless ever since. .
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 8:49:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Perhaps, but in this case OP specifically said they didn't want to hear about anything that wasn't direct information about DD mags.
View Quote

Really does not matter, he posted on a public forum with millions of users.

I have posted questions in the past about various subjects and ended up getting answers about why Jo bob didn't want Billies Daughter Dating his son!

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 8:14:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Really does not matter, he posted on a public forum with millions of users.
View Quote

It DOES matter. It just doesn't matter to YOU, apparently. If you can't answer the question, don't respond. Simple, eh? If you think 20 round mags are the shitz because that's what you are/were accustomed to, fine, everyone has an opinion. But go start your own thread.

This is why people don't ask questions. They can't get a straight answer. Sad.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 9:09:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It DOES matter. It just doesn't matter to YOU, apparently. If you can't answer the question, don't respond. Simple, eh? If you think 20 round mags are the shitz because that's what you are/were accustomed to, fine, everyone has an opinion. But go start your own thread.

This is why people don't ask questions. They can't get a straight answer. Sad.
View Quote

I will respond to what ever I feel like responding to...

If you don't like that, then I don't know what to tell you.

Yes, I like 20 round magazine, only because I grew up with them, I own several hundreds of 30 round magazines as well and I shoot them.

This is a public forum, and we all have an opinion and we will post them when we feel so inclined.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 9:33:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I will respond to what ever I feel like responding to...

If you don't like that, then I don't know what to tell you.

Yes, I like 20 round magazine, only because I grew up with them, I own several hundreds of 30 round magazines as well and I shoot them.

This is a public forum, and we all have an opinion and we will post them when we feel so inclined.
View Quote

Perfect. Thanks for proving my point.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:19:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Perfect. Thanks for proving my point.
View Quote

You poor snowflake.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You poor snowflake.
View Quote

No, my beef is strictly with asshats.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:52:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No, my beef is strictly with asshats.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 8:06:54 PM EDT
[#23]
I have 8 of them and they've all run well so far in multiple matches and range trips.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 8:06:36 AM EDT
[#24]
We received one in each shooter's bag last summer and tried out at the range, worked pretty much as advertised.  32 rds loaded, inserted with closed bolt just fine.  We even put one empty mag on the gravel parking lot and rolled the front wheel of a 3/4 ton truck over it, picked up, loaded 32 and shot.  Worked fine too so from my perspective, they are GTG.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 5:48:14 PM EDT
[#25]
A couple of the guys who bought them have had issues with the plastic weld (seam) splitting when dropped. Kinda caused me to shy away from them.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 4:24:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh. Well in that case... they work, they are overpriced, and offer nothing more than other polymer mags (other than 2 rounds). There. That better?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:43:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Oh. Well in that case... they work, they are overpriced, and offer nothing more than other polymer mags (other than 2 rounds). There. That better?
View Quote

Why do people feel the need to be assholes over the internet.  
What's the point man? What does that accomplish, Mr. Tough Guy Keyboard Commando?
Nothing.  You're just doing it to be a dickhead.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Well... it's more expensive and does the same thing other mags do, so... there's that.
The only mags I use are L5AWM, then ETS or Pmag (I'd rate both similar with slight edge going to ETS). To me, their all the same except L5AWM's. AWM's actually have something REAL to justify the price (steel feedlips/cage. The steel cage does two things: strengthen the feed lips, which is great for long term storage, AND provide a STEEL shelf for the mag latch to catch).
What does the DD offer to justify the extra cost? An extra 2 rounds??
View Quote

Well it's about another 10 round mag with your standard 6 mag load out. Not much, sure, but for the one time you need it, you really need it lol
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 7:54:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Why do people feel the need to be assholes over the internet.  
What's the point man? What does that accomplish, Mr. Tough Guy Keyboard Commando?
Nothing.  You're just doing it to be a dickhead.
View Quote

Because the question was

I mean, what exactly was he looking for?  He posted the DD stuff himself.

At some point we get it. People say they are gtg or not.

If he really wanted something to look at he'd go to YouTube. You can actually see them in almost any circumstance he wants from handling to shooting to torture test.

The threadsbeen over for a while. He got just about the only answer you can without visuals.

If the info was stimulating enough the thread would still be on track. That proves a point in and of itself
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top