Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/17/2016 12:08:14 PM EDT
I found this gem in the bottom of a box of AR15 magazines...before the election I bought ten more magazines and as I was going through the box I have them stored in I found this unopened Adventureline Magazine, still in the original wrapper and dated 1980.   My brother was in the Marines in 1981 or so and a friend of his was hard up for money so he had a Colt SP1 Carbine for sale for the princely sum of $400.00   (a lot of money for me back in 1981)..to sweeten the deal he threw in about 5 20 and 30 round magazines...some were 20 round Colt magazines and about 300 rounds of ammunition..so I bought the rifle...still have it an the magazines and now I refound this gem.   forgot I had it.

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u418/patripley/IMG_3366_zpsnhllaz12.jpg
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 1:55:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice, that is the first NIW Adventureline mag I've ever seen.

One of my old roommates, a 1833 SSgt, had 3 20rd Adventureline mags with alloy followers in his house. I asked him if I can have all 3 for $20 and he said okay. Great mags, 20 rounders are the only USGI mags I trust without modification.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 6:02:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Put that on the EE & get it to someone in Massachusetts.

Welcome to ARFCOM.  Got any Legos?
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 6:42:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Very cool- and welcome!  

Link Posted: 11/18/2016 8:26:29 AM EDT
[#4]
no Legos...and I have been reading this website for years and just decided to join.  I never knew the history of Adventureline and thought simply they were a knockoff brand but knew they worked.  in fact I was in training yesterday with my issued M4 as a LEO and happened to look at my magazine in the rifle and saw that it was an Adventureline. (we are issued two but I used one of my own magazines as an extra)
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top