Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/21/2016 8:12:38 PM EDT
Going thru my mags today and I realized all of my 20 round MPs are Stright body.  Are these any more desirable than the curved? Do they even make straight mags anymore?  They match my straight body NHMTG mags.  I have about 30 of them.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:57:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Some people prefer them.   I have some of both - and both generations work for me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:35:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:01:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Magpul is not making any more of the straight 20 rounders; that alone may make them more desireable to some folks. I have a handful of them and they have all functioned perfectly for me.

I don't have any experience with the new style 20s.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:11:45 PM EDT
[#4]
A lot of people like the straight 20rd Pmags for the "cool factor" that they have. There are a lot of people that want them. On the EE, there are people that sell those mags for $20+ a piece and they sell quick. If you do decide to sell them and have any in FDE, lmk first.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:22:00 AM EDT
[#5]
The straight 20's are legal for service rifle competition, the curved ones are not, so service rifle shooters who like Magpuls want the straight 20's.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:45:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I have both and, as others have said, they both work fine. But I prefer the straight. They are just a little shorter thus better for bench shooting with sand bags, but not by much. I also like the cool look factor
I was one of the guys that was sad when they stopped making them.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:18:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I use the different color PMAGs to differentiate between ammo (m193, m855, 75gr TAP SBR). The straight 20's allow me to do the same as I do with 30's.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A lot of people like the straight 20rd Pmags for the "cool factor" that they have. There are a lot of people that want them. On the EE, there are people that sell those mags for $20+ a piece and they sell quick. If you do decide to sell them and have any in FDE, lmk first.
View Quote

I don't think it's the "cool factor" as much as the form factor.  I have both and I appreciate the curved ones for sharing components, geometry, and springs with the standard 30 rounders.  I also prefer the straight ones for both the aesthetic value and the "monopod" aspect for balancing on a flat surface when shooting.  Can still do that the curved ones, but it's not the same.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 10:53:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I have both and both have been flawless for me. Some have experienced problems with the straight 20s.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Magpul is not making any more of the straight 20 rounders; that alone may make them more desirable to some folks. I have a handful of them and they have all functioned perfectly for me.

I don't have any experience with the new style 20s.
View Quote

Same. I really have no need for 20's. The ones I have don't get much use.  I bought them just because a while ago.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top