Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2016 9:23:26 PM EDT
Since I can't get any more D&H steel .308 magazines (love 'em, and they work well with my rifles), I decided to order an ASC steel mag to try out for fit and function. The idea is to get a number of more wear-resistant mags in case of a Hillary win. I tried the aluminum Brownells, but they seemed kinda "meh" for the price and only held 18 rounds.

Anyone here have an opinion on the ASC .308 mags, and do they actually take 20 rounds?
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 9:41:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Work for me. Someone else said they had to break them in.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 1:13:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks. Do they hold 20rnds, or 18 like the DPMS and Brownells?
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 7:41:52 AM EDT
[#3]
its all I use.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haven't had any issues, the guy that said he had to break them in said he had misfeeds. So he filled them then left them in the safe for a week and didn't have any problems after that.

And FYI, there construction allows slightly longer OAL than DPMS and PMAGs.. If you reload..

I also picked up their 5 round mags for hunting.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Haven't had any issues, the guy that said he had to break them in said he had misfeeds. So he filled them then left them in the safe for a week and didn't have any problems after that.

And FYI, there construction allows slightly longer OAL than DPMS and PMAGs.. If you reload..

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 11:41:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys. I seriously like steel, and the D&H are all dried up.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 6:54:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, I got my trial mag, and the damn thing wouldn't seat without modification. Also, did NOT hold 20 rounds. WTF. Hopefully, D&H will start production up again.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top