Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2016 5:06:24 PM EDT
During a shooting session I inserted a fully loaded 30rd ETS mag into a Colt 6920, the bolt was locked back so I chambered a round using the bolt stop. I fired the rifle twice and on the third trigger pull, click! What the heck? I pull back the charging handle to see an empty chamber. I checked to make sure the mag was fully seated and secure, it wasn't.

I gave the mag a good slap to ensure it was fully seated. Again, one or two rounds then click, empty chamber. Long story short the mag will not lock into the Colt lower. It's close, but it can be pulled out without much effort.

The mag will lock into Spikes and Anderson home built lowers, but no joy for the Colt. I've used the mag in the mentioned home builds before problem free.

Have other experienced similar issues with ETS mags?

P.S. The 6920 was purchased new by me 3 years ago. I've used surplus USGI, PMAGS, Lancers, D&H, a Korean steel H&K knockoff and a Bulgarian 40rounder, all without issue.

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 5:28:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it locking in then popping back out? Maybe tighten the mag catch a turn?
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#2]
No it doesn't lock at all. It seems the catch holds it enough to appear locked but its easy to pull out of the rifle.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This should not be happening. Please email customer service and we will get it exchanged for you.

Sorry for the trouble.

View Quote

Will do. Thank you for the response!
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:24:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I found what sounds like the same issue with 2 ETS mags I just bought. It wouldn't lock into a spikes lower. I had to modify the over insertion tab. IMO there should have been enough room to fit any standard forged lower on the market. The magpul over insertion tab had plenty of wiggle room in the spikes.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This should not be happening. Please email customer service and we will get it exchanged for you.

Sorry for the trouble.

View Quote

Would the new ones be any different? Have you changed the design?
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:36:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Sorry for the trouble.

View Quote
Now that's some quick customer service.

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll admit I own zero ETS magazines. I did win one on here but never claimed it. However I have heard lots of good things and to be honest the customer service I have seen on here from ETS definitely has me looking to pick up a few of their mags. I have no doubts they will function an if they don't I'm still not worried as I know you will make it right. Keep up the good work.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:43:55 AM EDT
[#10]
ETS is GTG with customer service and very pro LEO/MIL. Have a couple glock mags I use for training. Plan on getting some AR mags soon, too!
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:12:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I had the same issue with a Palmetto State Armory lower.  It was getting stuck on the raised areas on the back of the mag.  Never had that issue using the mags in 3 other AR's and a Scar.   I trimmed those ever so slightly with a file and it is gtg.  Wouldn't surprise me if that lower was just a shade out of milspec.

I bought several of their coupler mags when they first came out and love them.  They are the only new mags I have bought in the last couple of years.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top