Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2016 6:36:11 PM EDT
I was doing an inventory last week, and was happy with my many 20s (all old aluminum follower).  Other than about 40 PMAG 30s, it looked weak, so I got 20 more D&H from PSA.

I know I am preaching to the choir, but I am an old dude, and I remember at least three distinct panics since 1990 when you could find nothing but reject Orlites, or pay outrageously for something as simple as a combat load of eight.

Mrs. wecsg looked at the box on the table, and asked, "How many do you need?!?"  "Sweetheart, there are never enough.  You don't understand."  She laughed:  this lovely lady has never once complained about a firearms purchase.  This is same lady who said, when I last returned from Afghanistan, "There's these heavy boxes in the living room."

I somewhat envy you guys buying cases of Magpuls.  The rest of you, buy now!  You will not regret.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 6:43:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Get some.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 7:03:49 PM EDT
[#2]
MURICA!

cheap and deep.

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#3]
The ee  is great for finding deals on mags and m4's

Txl
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#4]

I thought I had issue  with hoarding until I found arfcom.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Before the Colorado Mag restrictions took effect I  ran up a Credit card for $5800 in mag purchases.

I've got mags for guns I may never own. Like a small pile for an FN PS90.

I bought - from my rusty memory at least 10 ea. of the following;

FAL 20's
FAL 30's
H&K91 20's (Cetme)
AR - std 5.56 30's (Lots of 10 pack lots!)
UZI 9mm 25's
UZI 9mm 32's
PS90 50's
Steel hot lips for 10/22
M3 Grease gun 30's
M1 carbine 30's
BHP 25's
BHP 30 or 32
CZ pistol mags
Glock extend mags
Soumi drums
TEC-9 32's
TEC-9 50's
Colt Metalform 9mm 32's
Smaller Metalform 20 or 25's
GSG-5/522
Original Powder Springs M11 steel mags
VZ61
AK mags and a few drums
AR drums, don't think I have a full 10, but close.

Then you have the hybred RPD mag/belt

Belts
linked M60 ammo

somewhere is a 45-70 belt for a gat...

plus others I can't recall offhand.

Anyway that was a 2 month or so shopping spree for mags that I would not be able to buy later. Thankfully we had time between passage of the law and its effective starting date. Yes - I am still paying that off, but its all here with piles of shipping receipts to prove when I took possession.

Thankfully I don't have to answer to anyone about how I spend my money, and I still consider all those purchases to be money well spent.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:39:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I find it a lot easier to just shoot less guns.  I stock up on AR mags, Glock and Sig 9mm mags.  Done.   Oh, and ammo.   LOTS of ammo.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:55:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Words to live buy.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:52:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Before the Colorado Mag restrictions took effect I  ran up a Credit card for $5800 in mag purchases.

FAL 20's
FAL 30's
H&K91 20's (Cetme)
UZI 9mm 25's
UZI 9mm 32's
PS90 50's
Steel hot lips for 10/22
M3 Grease gun 30's
M1 carbine 30's
BHP 25's
BHP 30 or 32
CZ pistol mags
Glock extend mags
Soumi drums
TEC-9 32's
TEC-9 50's
Colt Metalform 9mm 32's
GSG-5/522
VZ61
AK mags and a few drums

Belts
linked M60 ammo

Anyway that was a 2 month or so shopping spree for mags that I would not be able to buy later. Thankfully we had time between passage of the law and its effective starting date. Yes - I am still paying that off, but its all here with piles of shipping receipts to prove when I took possession.

Thankfully I don't have to answer to anyone about how I spend my money, and I still consider all those purchases to be money well spent.
View Quote

THAT'S AWESOME! Lol. I could see myself doing something just like that. But I do have someone to answer to. So I try to keep it just on the still married side of more than some people think is enough. If only they understood.......
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Just bought a couple from PA. Can never have too many of a good thing.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 11:46:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Words to live buy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 1:47:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

FAL 20's
FAL 30's
H&K91 20's (Cetme)
UZI 9mm 25's
UZI 9mm 32's
PS90 50's
Steel hot lips for 10/22
M3 Grease gun 30's
M1 carbine 30's
BHP 25's
BHP 30 or 32
CZ pistol mags
Glock extend mags
Soumi drums
TEC-9 32's
TEC-9 50's
Colt Metalform 9mm 32's
GSG-5/522
VZ61
AK mags and a few drums

Belts
linked M60 ammo

View Quote

I'm curious as to why you need receipts to prove when you bought the mags. As long as the mags are not dated or are dated before the ban took effect, the burden of proof does not rest with you to explain anything.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 6:00:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm curious as to why you need receipts to prove when you bought the mags. As long as the mags are not dated or are dated before the ban took effect, the burden of proof does not rest with you to explain anything.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FAL 20's
FAL 30's
H&K91 20's (Cetme)
UZI 9mm 25's
UZI 9mm 32's
PS90 50's
Steel hot lips for 10/22
M3 Grease gun 30's
M1 carbine 30's
BHP 25's
BHP 30 or 32
CZ pistol mags
Glock extend mags
Soumi drums
TEC-9 32's
TEC-9 50's
Colt Metalform 9mm 32's
GSG-5/522
VZ61
AK mags and a few drums

Belts
linked M60 ammo

Just in case..
Btw It cost you nothing to keep the receipts.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:21:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

FAL 20's
FAL 30's
H&K91 20's (Cetme)
UZI 9mm 25's
UZI 9mm 32's
PS90 50's
Steel hot lips for 10/22
M3 Grease gun 30's
M1 carbine 30's
BHP 25's
BHP 30 or 32
CZ pistol mags
Glock extend mags
Soumi drums
TEC-9 32's
TEC-9 50's
Colt Metalform 9mm 32's
GSG-5/522
VZ61
AK mags and a few drums

Belts
linked M60 ammo

View Quote

If you need any help paying that bill off shoot me a message there's some stuff in that list I would have interest in
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 7:35:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Please understand - These (State) laws are so badly worded that a coalition of Sherriff's from all over the state told the Governor that these laws were un-enforceable, and that they would not waste dept. budgets trying. ( the mag capacity limit was just one of several, such as universal background checks etc. )

There are phrases such as "continuous possession" and other oddities. I can't give or sell these - and the whole question of me selling them to an individual or dealer out of state is not mentioned and as written even that could be considered a violation.

Since we didn't know how things would go down I just chose the CYA method - dated receipts for everything.

Look at CA now - all the prior mags grandfathered or not became verboten - those people are really screwed.

All I can say is if they try this again I will be at the state capitol with a sign "John Morse, Angela Giron, Who wants to be next?"
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 9:18:43 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I was doing an inventory last week, and was happy with my many 20s (all old aluminum follower).  Other than about 40 PMAG 30s, it looked weak, so I got 20 more D&H from PSA.

I know I am preaching to the choir, but I am an old dude, and I remember at least three distinct panics since 1990 when you could find nothing but reject Orlites, or pay outrageously for something as simple as a combat load of eight.

Mrs. wecsg looked at the box on the table, and asked, "How many do you need?!?"  "Sweetheart, there are never enough.  You don't understand."  She laughed:  this lovely lady has never once complained about a firearms purchase.  This is same lady who said, when I last returned from Afghanistan, "There's these heavy boxes in the living room."

I somewhat envy you guys buying cases of Magpuls.  The rest of you, buy now!  You will not regret.
View Quote

Have you made money on your past purchases?

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I find it a lot easier to just shoot less guns.  I stock up on AR mags, Glock and Sig 9mm mags.  Done.   Oh, and ammo.   LOTS of ammo.
View Quote

Yep, same here.  

If I lived in a ban state I would just drive out of state for mags and guns.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top