Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/20/2016 2:39:54 PM EDT
For the 4th of July, I decided to hit the range with my uncle.  In my box of goodies, I found some circa 2006 or 2007 stainless steel C-Products 30 round magazines that I had totally forgotten about.  Here is the deal, I could not load them with my Maglula to save my life.  Did I miss a memo on issues with these magazines?  

I gave up and just brought my D&H mags to the range since they loaded with no issues.  One of these days I will load the older C-Products magazines by hand and take them to the range to make sure they function properly.  I just wanted to know if there were any issues that I missed with the original gen of C-Products stainless steel 30 round magazines.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 4:39:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Cproducts used to make a good magazine, then there was drama, quality went to absolute crap, at least for a while, when the company changed hands after some lawsuit.  Not sure if/when their ship was righted, but the only Cproducts mags I have are for my 5.45x39 AR, since I wouldn't buy their products after the initial debacle.

Some google searches with site:ar15.com tag should turn up archived threads on what went down and when.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 2:40:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh well, at least the magazines were free.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:30:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I have several 40's from that era that run great.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:58:13 PM EDT
[#4]
The 6.8 SPC mags are good to go.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:54:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Mags are cheap enough now that there is no reason to keep those Cproducts.  You can sell them or throw them in the trash.   No need to check further for function,  now is a good time to cleanse yourself of anything with that brand on it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:29:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mags are cheap enough now that there is no reason to keep those Cproducts.  You can sell them or throw them in the trash.   No need to check further for function,  now is a good time to cleanse yourself of anything with that brand on it.
View Quote

They used to be a sponsor here and everyone raved about them about how awesome they were now everyone that bought them is supposed to throw them in the trash??  I guess times do change....
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:53:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They used to be a sponsor here and everyone raved about them about how awesome they were now everyone that bought them is supposed to throw them in the trash??  I guess times do change....
View Quote

Yep, that was the drama after the lawsuit I posted about earlier above.  At one time they were awesome, but that changed.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 1:38:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same thing about Troy's BUIS too, lol.

I have a handful of their regular mags. They are GTG for me. No SS though.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:06:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were always a problem, but I suspect s majority of their products were/are adequate.  I don't think they were ever tier 1 magazines despite the cheerleading that went on here.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:07:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I got out of shooting for a while to deal with some personal issues.  Now that I jumped back into weekly range sessions, I'm discovering a whole bunch of stuff that I totally forgot that I had.  I guess that happens when you walk away from a hobby for five plus years.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I remember some, on this very forum, comparing those SS C-Products magazines to the hard to find and super expensive H&K AR magazines at the time.

One of these days I'll get around to function testing them.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:08:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a bunch that I picked up in 09 that I load with my Maglula without issue.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 12:19:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 5:29:00 PM EDT
[#13]
C-Products did a group buy on here years ago. I have (6) SS mags from that. After reading about people having issues with C-Products mags they have been relegated to range use only. I have had zero problems with them.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:19:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember when they were a sponsor and had some promo that they were giving a % of sales in free mags to troops.  That is why people loved them.  The mags had problems in those days just that most participants on the forum rarely shoot so the problems weren't immediately exposed.  I had problems with my first order and Larry BS'ed and BS's to make me think I was the only one,so I would not post on the forum.  It worked, I didn't.  It took 3 exchanges to get 10 mags that worked right.  then I put them on the EE and was done with that crap.

So yes, throw them away
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 5:58:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I remember when they were a sponsor and had some promo that they were giving a % of sales in free mags to troops.  That is why people loved them.  The mags had problems in those days just that most participants on the forum rarely shoot so the problems weren't immediately exposed.  I had problems with my first order and Larry BS'ed and BS's to make me think I was the only one,so I would not post on the forum.  It worked, I didn't.  It took 3 exchanges to get 10 mags that worked right.  then I put them on the EE and was done with that crap.

So yes, throw them away
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So yes, throw them away

Why would "the troops" ever need free magazines?  Why would they need his crappy magazines at that? There are plenty of free mags enough for them through the US military.  That whole thing was a scam to promote his business here on the tech forum.  I'm amazed that no one else saw it as what it was.....
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 7:05:43 AM EDT
[#16]
The stainless steel 5.45X39 magazines I bought from them worked great, every one of them.

The 5.56X45 magazines had a 30 to 40% failure rate - failure meaning that they will not feed the last 2 rounds.  The first 28 go great, then I get a nose down failure to feed.  Every time.  Even if I only load 5, the first 3 run, the last two go nose down in the magazine when the bolt hits the cartridge base.

I just wrote "No Good" on mine with a sharpie and put them on a shelf in the back of the garage.  Some day I'll pull the springs, base plates and followers out and try them in a working magazine to see if they are good enough to keep for spare parts.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 7:47:37 AM EDT
[#17]
What color are the followers on the mags mentioned with issues? I have about a dozen C Products mags with the orange followers, which are anti tilt, and they work great...never had any problems.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 9:06:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 12:53:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

So yes, throw them away
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So yes, throw them away

so how many magazines did he give to "the troops"?  .
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#20]
I found they were about 80% good 20% bad.

The 40 rounders rocked though.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top