Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2016 10:48:56 AM EDT
I just got this rifle.  I have one mag that came with it and two that I bought on gunbroker.  My question is, are the mags DPMS specific or can I use M1A (or other) mags in it?
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#1]
LR20 Pmags work.  I have most of the sizes of them.  You will need AR type mags.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 11:17:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Gen 2?  If so, I tried PMAGS and there was an issue, so I moved to the IDI 20 rounders and they work like a champ.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 11:25:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I use PMAGS.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:18:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had zero issues with either the Magpul or the IMI magazines.  The latter seem to be under-appreciated; they function smooth as butter, but I rarely hear anyone mention them.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 10:51:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't know if it is a Gen II.  The box just calls it an Oracle.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 2:54:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Has anyone had issues with the PMAG LR25 double feeding?  I've got a PWS MK2 and have only had a chance to try one of my four 25 rounders and it would double feed every 5-10 rounds but the 20 rounders I've used have all ran fine.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 7:18:30 AM EDT
[#7]
M14 mags, or FAL, will not work to answer your specific question. You need to stick with SR-25 pattern mags for the LR-308.  The old Armalite AR-10 mags will not work either but I think Armalite has changed their mags now to pattern after the SR mags, but do NOT quote me on that and certainly do not buy AR-10mags without checking first.  I do not follow Armalite so I don't know where I picked up that information and it could well be MIS-information.  

I have used Brownells, DPMS, CP, and Mag-Pul in mine.  Of the four, I like the DPMS mags best.  Three of my 4 LR rifles are wildcats and the Brownells, CP, and Mag-Pul mags will not work, they swell too much or are difficult to tweak.  The DPMS mags are easily tweaked, hold the tweaking, and function flawlessly.  In my one standard caliber LR, the Brownells mags still tend to swell so I don't get that at all.  I got them when they first came out and they didn't work in anything I had so they are in the junk box now.  I have not tried any more so I don't know if they are better now or not.  The CP, MP, and DPMS work just fine in it, a .338 Federal.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 5:44:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
M14 mags, or FAL, will not work to answer your specific question. You need to stick with SR-25 pattern mags for the LR-308.  The old Armalite AR-10 mags will not work either but I think Armalite has changed their mags now to pattern after the SR mags, but do NOT quote me on that and certainly do not buy AR-10mags without checking first.  I do not follow Armalite so I don't know where I picked up that information and it could well be MIS-information.  

I have used Brownells, DPMS, CP, and Mag-Pul in mine.  Of the four, I like the DPMS mags best.  Three of my 4 LR rifles are wildcats and the Brownells, CP, and Mag-Pul mags will not work, they swell too much or are difficult to tweak.  The DPMS mags are easily tweaked, hold the tweaking, and function flawlessly.  In my one standard caliber LR, the Brownells mags still tend to swell so I don't get that at all.  I got them when they first came out and they didn't work in anything I had so they are in the junk box now.  I have not tried any more so I don't know if they are better now or not.  The CP, MP, and DPMS work just fine in it, a .338 Federal.
View Quote

Armalite has two different types of lowers the A models that use the original styled mags (modified M14) and the B models which use the SR25 pattern mags
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 4:52:06 AM EDT
[#9]
308 pmags or Lancer L7
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 2:44:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've had zero issues with either the Magpul or the IMI magazines.  The latter seem to be under-appreciated; they function smooth as butter, but I rarely hear anyone mention them.
View Quote

I was looking thru threads for feedback on these "IMI DEFENSE .308/7.62X51 20rd Polymer DPMS Pattern Magazine" and this seems to be all that I can find. Hasn't anyone else used these mags and provide more input?
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Armalite has two different types of lowers the A models that use the original styled mags (modified M14) and the B models which use the SR25 pattern mags
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it's the other way around.... The "A" uses the SR-25/original AR-10/P-Mag type and the "B" uses the modified M-14 mags.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top