Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/15/2016 7:32:27 PM EDT
Yesterday I was out on my property running the Lancer 30rd translucent mags in my BCM upper/Spikes lower. I experienced a malfunction, a failure to feed. After removing the magazine, it was apparent that the problem was the magazine follower had become stuck in the mag body.

The issue was undoubtedly caused from the dry OH dust that had gotten in the magazine while preforming hasty mag changes during my drills. I proceeded to finger f*** the follower without any success. I disassembled the mag and lubricated the follower, which cleared the problem.

My problem with this happening is that in the past I've never had a follower freeze up on me, primarily using pmags, even in pretty abusive situations. I paid high dollar for the translucent Lancers, I like the metal reinforced lips. The dust that got into the mag was under normal use, just quick mag changes. The dust was very fine and very dry, not something I'd expect to cause much of an issue. But they do seem tighter, both in width and length internally than the magpuls.

I know that the Lancer v Pmag issue has been beat to death and it pretty much seemed to be a toss up depending who you asked, but now that a little bit of dust from normal use had frozen a Lancer, I may be on the move back to Pmags...
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 7:43:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll give you 50 cents on the dollar for all of your (NIW) Lancers if you're serious about making the move to Pmags.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 7:44:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 7:46:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Lancer is pretty good about looking at people's problematic mags, maybe send them a message on here or an email/phone call.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 7:59:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothing I have is NIW, as I use my equipment. May as well keep them for training purposes anyways, not used to having malfunctions in the BCM however I may contact Lancer. I had 4 mags, only the one gave me an issue. Maybe I'll run some more tests and see if that particular mag acts up more. I marked it just in case
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:49:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't want to be rude and stick my nose where it doesn't belong, but I wanted to chime in here before you give up on a translucent mag. We designed our followers with a lot of open room between them and the walls of the housing to help with this issue. If the tolerances between the follower and housing are too tight it will exasperate the problem of biding with dirt and such in the mag. We have had good success with our mags even in dusty, dirty, and sandy environments.

Just wanted to give you another option. Also, we offer a lifetime warranty and a 100% satisfaction guarantee. So, if after running our mags you are totally satisfied we will take them back and give you your money back.
View Quote
Thank you for the information. Your involvement here and willingness to help, along with that guarantee, means I will probably end up with a few of your magazines.

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:02:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd check the body and follower for burs and mark it range use only.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered two ETS mags, and two M3 Pmags (windowed). I may just preform my own little test, and continue to buy the winner...
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 10:56:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Hi Hox,

We are sorry to hear you experienced and issue with one of our mags.

If you contact me at [email protected] , we can arrange to send you a new, replacement along with a return label so we can take a look at the original.

Please include your name, shipping address and the color and capacity of your magazine.

We look forward to resolving your issue for you.

Best Regards,

Dan

Link Posted: 6/16/2016 11:44:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a windowed Pmag that came with my Tavor and a regular black Pmag, not sure of generation, that I bought back when I got my son the Spikes AR that we bought in 2012. Neither mag has more than 100rds through them, and they sit in the house all the time. Nether have been in the woods or the range, just shooting off the bench or standing outside.

If you want, I will trade you two of them for two of your Lancers. I really don't care for Magpul and gave away everything I had, stocks etc, ( political , SAFE act related ), though they've been 100% reliable.

I can include a few dollars difference in value in the box with the mags.

IM me if you're interested.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 3:08:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Hi Hox,

We are sorry to hear you experienced and issue with one of our mags.

If you contact me at [email protected] , we can arrange to send you a new, replacement along with a return label so we can take a look at the original.

Please include your name, shipping address and the color and capacity of your magazine.

We look forward to resolving your issue for you.

Best Regards,

Dan  
View Quote
Thank you, I will be in contact with you.

Link Posted: 6/16/2016 3:10:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I have a windowed Pmag that came with my Tavor and a regular black Pmag, not sure of generation, that I bought back when I got my son the Spikes AR that we bought in 2012. Neither mag has more than 100rds through them, and they sit in the house all the time. Nether have been in the woods or the range, just shooting off the bench or standing outside.

If you want, I will trade you two of them for two of your Lancers. I really don't care for Magpul and gave away everything I had, stocks etc, ( political , SAFE act related ), though they've been 100% reliable.

View Quote
No thanks man, I'm going to keep my lancers and run tests on all the mags for myself, so i'll hang onto them. Thanks for the offer though!

Link Posted: 6/16/2016 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
No thanks man, I'm going to keep my lancers and run tests on all the mags for myself, so i'll hang onto them. Thanks for the offer though!  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NP.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 4:26:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I purchased (6) NIW L5AWM translucent smoke mags from a vendor 2 weeks ago.........took (1) of them to an indoor range this past weekend and had a failure to feed as well............I really need to check the other 5
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 12:50:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I purchased (6) NIW L5AWM translucent smoke mags from a vendor 2 weeks ago.........took (1) of them to an indoor range this past weekend and had a failure to feed as well............I really need to check the other 5
View Quote
Lancer Systems took initiative and have sent me a brand new magazine, and I will send them the old magazine on their dime. Either way, that was really good of them to do. I will be conducting plenty more dirt tests in the near future for comparisons. I'm pretty exited to try the ETS mags alongside the Pmags and Lancers. Time will tell. If you have an issue with that one mag, I'd contact Lancer and maybe they will hook you up as well.

Link Posted: 6/17/2016 1:12:01 AM EDT
[#15]
I have no experience with the see through lancers, but my Black/Foliage ones have been 100%.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 1:21:56 AM EDT
[#16]
I switched to the smoked translucent Lancer AWM from PMags and I have not had an issue in about 4k'ish rounds.  Maybe there is a bad batch?
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 12:20:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Sounds like something is out of spec.  This isn't normal for AWMs.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 9:40:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I don't want to be rude and stick my nose where it doesn't belong, but I wanted to chime in here before you give up on a translucent mag. We designed our followers with a lot of open room between them and the walls of the housing to help with this issue. If the tolerances between the follower and housing are too tight it will exasperate the problem of biding with dirt and such in the mag. We have had good success with our mags even in dusty, dirty, and sandy environments.

Just wanted to give you another option. Also, we offer a lifetime warranty and a 100% satisfaction guarantee. So, if after running our mags you are totally satisfied we will take them back and give you your money back.
View Quote

I just bought a few of your mags,really like them alot .they look cool also.I have landers also,they have been 100%.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 9:57:09 PM EDT
[#19]
I have black smoke and clear lancers and they run great. Lots of rounds down range with them.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 10:01:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Has anyone tested your mags in a Tavor? I've got a couple of Pmags, which one was bought in 2008, the other came with my Tavor, and I've tried a Lancer, but it isn't mine any longer, I sold it with a rifle I sold my neighbor when I needed cash a couple of months ago. Both work, but I love the Lancers so far. Just wanting to try one of everything  in it to start and then I'll know what I like best in it and can buy up in bulk. If there are know issues in compatibility I still may see if a simple mod will work so I'll order one soon.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 11:20:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 1:25:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yes,  our mags work well in the Tavor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Has anyone tested your mags in a Tavor? I've got a couple of Pmags, which one was bought in 2008, the other came with my Tavor, and I've tried a Lancer, but it isn't mine any longer, I sold it with a rifle I sold my neighbor when I needed cash a couple of months ago. Both work, but I love the Lancers so far. Just wanting to try one of everything  in it to start and then I'll know what I like best in it and can buy up in bulk. If there are know issues in compatibility I still may see if a simple mod will work so I'll order one soon.

Yes,  our mags work well in the Tavor.

Awesome, I'll be ordering a couple next month. I'm sort of in the hole now, car repair and switching phone carriers.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Everybodies magazine can fail.... don't fall in love with them...Mark them, use them, if it happens again.. ditch it and replace...
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 8:01:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Everybodies magazine can fail.... don't fall in love with them...Mark them, use them, if it happens again.. ditch it and replace...
View Quote

True. I just like trying different ones out to see what I like best. I was just stuck on PRI on the 6.8, and liked the Lancers for the .223Wlyde but had plenty of GI aluminum mags for it as well, but since I got this Tavor I want to see what works with it. I've tried the GI mags , gtg, and the Lancers as well, the Pmags I haven't had an issue, but I don't plan to buy any of them. I'm gonna try the ETS mags next. So far my fave for all 5.56/.223 guns has been the Lancer smokes. I plan to build a retro at some point, and it won't see anything but GI mags. Just wouldn't be right.

Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:39:31 PM EDT
[#25]
I had ten opaque AWMs with the "recalled" followers. Lancer replaced all of them at no cost to me.

Did the translucent mags get any of the bad followers?
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:55:40 AM EDT
[#26]
I've seen one or two videos on youtube of this happening but I couldn't replicate it with the few I have.

Here's one (skip to 2:30 mark): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tktaCwTQO8
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 5:53:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I had ten opaque AWMs with the "recalled" followers. Lancer replaced all of them at no cost to me.

View Quote

This is the first I've heard of recalled AWM followers.
What's the skinny on this?

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:18:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never heard of another AWM follower generation.
Maybe there was a bad batch ?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Hi All,

A little over a year ago, we had some followers that were manufactured below our tolerances.

We found that, in some cases, due to tolerance stacking, the bolt catch would not be activated.

Once it was discovered our President released the statement and instructions in the link, below.

http://www.lancer-systems.com/advanced-weapons-components-2/products/magazines-2/l5-advanced-warfighter-magazine/l5awm-follower-compatibility/

Corrective action was taken and processes were put in place so this would not happen again.

If you do have any followers from this time period (March 2015) please follow the instructions provided in the link.

Best Regards,

Dan

[email protected]
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:20:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Double post. Oops.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:21:30 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I've seen one or two videos on youtube of this happening but I couldn't replicate it with the few I have.

Here's one (skip to 2:30 mark): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tktaCwTQO8
View Quote
What he described happening to his smoke mags is exactly what happened with mine. Minimal amounts of dust, sticky follower. My ETS magazines were delivered while I'm at work for my 16 hour shift tonight... Ill check them out in the morning.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#32]
I took apart all my Lancer mags last night..........all of them were 2016 except 1, which was marked 2013.........weird since they were all delivered to me in the same order.  I did notice putting the spring / follower back in had a little resistance on the 2013 dated one. Were there issues with those?
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:23:28 PM EDT
[#33]
I have many dozens of Lancers that I've purchased over the years and stashed away for a rainy day. Should I now spend the next two weeks checking follower dates? Is there a code or something else on the packaging that would make it easier to check date of manufature?
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:16:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have four translucent L5AWM magazines that have the same malfunction as the recalled followers. My followers do not fall within the date range of the recall (they're much earlier). I emailed Lancer about getting them replaced but I never received any reply. Perhaps this is due to the follower dates not being within that published for the recall?
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 4:09:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Hi Guys,

The best way to check without taking them apart or out of the bag is to look at the date stamp on the side of the magazine. If it is not stamped as 3/15, the mags should have the correct followers in them.  

We do apologize if anyone did not receive a reply in regards to requests for replacements.

If anyone is experiencing any issues with their magazines, I will be back in the office on Monday.

Please feel free to contact me at [email protected].
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top