BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 5:04:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Ugh.  Tried one of my D-60's for the first time today and it fed fine, but would not hold the bolt open at all on one gun.  On the other gun, it held the bolt open on the two times I tried it.  What bothers me is that the gun that had problems has always been 100% reliable in function.  That lower has several thousand rounds through it, the upper has a couple thousand through it.  This is with 223 ammo on a proper setup, meaning it's not overgassed or anything.  Not sure I'm going to be sticking with these drums.  I guess the bolt catch could be too short on the problem gun, but it works perfectly with every other mag I've ever used in it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ugh.  Tried one of my D-60's for the first time today and it fed fine, but would not hold the bolt open at all on one gun.  On the other gun, it held the bolt open on the two times I tried it.  What bothers me is that the gun that had problems has always been 100% reliable in function.  That lower has several thousand rounds through it, the upper has a couple thousand through it.  This is with 223 ammo on a proper setup, meaning it's not overgassed or anything.  Not sure I'm going to be sticking with these drums.  I guess the bolt catch could be too short on the problem gun, but it works perfectly with every other mag I've ever used in it.
View Quote

Friend of mine had the same issue with the bolt not holding back.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 2.  I keep one loaded at all times and keep it in my SHTF go bag along with 25, 30 round mags.

I have noticed on one of mine that it doesnt hold the bolt open either.  I have Mega, Daniel Defense, Anderson, bushmaster and POF lowers.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 3:38:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Well no matter what the complaint on these is. Once a ban comes in or they sell to L.E. only, or not sell at all. Any issue will be long forgotten in the haze,I snapped up two when I could.

Will use them in the last firefight of Life. no bolt hold open no close or jam. At that stage I won't care. In fact even the cost won't matter at that time.
Bullets hitting you from all directions and tearing you apart into a blood pile of a   mess.has a tendency to change the direction of thoughts.

From The Walkers.

Walking Dead Season Seven.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I remember when the AWB expired in 04'.  A Beta C-mag was one of the first things I got.

For those of you who don't remember AWB scarcity and pricing, remember this:  Buy it cheap, stack it deep.
View Quote

Yes indeed........Bought a second D60 today. It was the last one in stock. Stoes can't keep them on their shelves for very long.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 7:36:28 PM EDT
[#6]
My 3rd will be here Monday. Slow ass gander mtn. I'm debating getting a 4th just to neckbeard. Maybe a 5th
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 7:42:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I already have an X-products drum and an ARMATAC drum and neither lock the bolt back so I'm not too concerned.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 9:22:41 PM EDT
[#9]
You guys are going to make me buy a second one.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 9:47:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

3 is 2 and 2 is 1. you need 3.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 10:00:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I bought two the day after the Orlando shooting and got excoriated for it here...

Fickle, fickle GD....
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 12:15:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I bought two the day after the Orlando shooting and got excoriated for it here...  

Fickle, fickle GD....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fickle, fickle GD....

Don't feel bad. Most of those crying in that thread probably cringe at splurging $110 on a mag. But I'll be screamin 'Murcia as I I dump 60 rounds of freedom out of my bumpsaw. 3 times in a row. No better way to blow $40 in a minute or 2. Its only money. You can make more.

Can't make more drums if some anti 2a dooshcanoe gets elected.

ETA..
On a more serious note...
My 2 (in hand) d60s both lrbho. If you feel like yours should, contact magpul on here or directly. They have excellent cs and will help you out best they can.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 10:07:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Back in stock at DSG. $111.10 with free shipping right now but I believe it expires tonight
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:53:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Back in stock at DSG. $111.10 with free shipping right now but I believe it expires tonight
View Quote

Thanks, just picked up my first one.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 1:08:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

And now I have a second one on the way.

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Anyone know if they run the free shipping often or not?  I can back-order at that price but they also add shipping.  I've got two so far.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 8:16:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Anyone know if they run the free shipping often or not?  I can back-order at that price but they also add shipping.  I've got two so far.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Call. I bet they would do free shipping for it if they are running a shipping special. Glad I got 3 when I did
I threw in a MWG 90rd snail drum too from PA to round out my 30sec/clip collection.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 12:10:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 1:01:53 AM EDT
[#19]
The mwg mag actually works. I got one for about 80$ recently.
No offense to magpul, but 60rnds isn't enough for me at that price point ($130 I see them for). I can buy 6 40s for that price.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 8:50:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Got mine today and test functioned (empty) in:

S&W M&P 15: The empty mag fits nicely and the bolt carrier pulls back smoothly but the follower won't contact the bolt hold open.

Build on a old Bushmaster lower: Hard to lock in. Bolt carrier gets hung up badly about half way back. Needs a good yank to completely open. Follower at least works the bolt hold open.

Build on a PSA lower: Same as M&P 15.

I'll put it on my table at the OGCA show and try to recoup some money.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Got mine today and test functioned (empty) in:

S&W M&P 15: The empty mag fits nicely and the bolt carrier pulls back smoothly but the follower won't contact the bolt hold open.

Build on a old Bushmaster lower: Hard to lock in. Bolt carrier gets hung up badly about half way back. Needs a good yank to completely open. Follower at least works the bolt hold open.

Build on a PSA lower: Same as M&P 15.

I'll put it on my table at the OGCA show and try to recoup some money.
View Quote

I'll give you $60
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 6:38:06 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Note that the D-60 is designed to lock the bolt back after the last round for most in-spec AR15/M4/HK416 platforms.  Inserting an empty drum and manually cycling the charging handle typically will not activate the bolt hold open feature.

View Quote

I reckon I'll give that a try then and report back.

ETA: Loaded and hand cycled a couple of Magpul dummy rounds through the mag. It fed, ejected both and held the bolt open on last round. Did it several times with same results.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 11:26:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Tried my D-60 for the first time today in my ACR, and it works flawlessly (as expected). Wasn't even that hard to load using clipped ammo and my StripLULA. I noted that it DOES lock the bolt open when I manually cycle the action on an empty magazine. Wonder what's different about the ACR to cause this?
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 4:09:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Bought one yesterday locally on sale. I loaded it by hand as I could only get one round in at a time with the lever depressed. I used it at the range last night, all 60 rounds fired without issue and the bolt locked back after the last round. Its not as easy to load as the Surefire 60 but so far I like it alot better, looks and feels much more durable. The Surefire mag randomly failed on me in the past so I don't trust it and rarely use it. I still need to shoot with this drum alot more but my initial impression is positive.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 5:34:16 PM EDT
[#26]
d60 rapidfire test results

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 4:05:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Bought one yesterday locally on sale. I loaded it by hand as I could only get one round in at a time with the lever depressed. I used it at the range last night, all 60 rounds fired without issue and the bolt locked back after the last round. Its not as easy to load as the Surefire 60 but so far I like it alot better, looks and feels much more durable. The Surefire mag randomly failed on me in the past so I don't trust it and rarely use it. I still need to shoot with this drum alot more but my initial impression is positive.
View Quote

Interesting... I could get three or four rounds on one cycle of the lever.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 4:32:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Berry compliant pouches are in the works as we speak.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still waiting for pouches to become available.

Sweet
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 11:18:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yes forgot to mention the first 10-20 rounds I could get 3 or 4 on one lever pull. After that 1 round at a time.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 12:17:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Oh yes forgot to mention the first 10-20 rounds I could get 3 or 4 on one lever pull. After that 1 round at a time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is normal; it says it in black and white in the instructions. The last few rounds will require more lever pulls.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 9:16:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Sweet
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still waiting for pouches to become available.

Sweet

Cool!
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 1:22:39 PM EDT
[#32]

The fastest reload is the one you don't do!  

I like my D60.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 5:20:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Anyone have a ratchet lever break!?????
View Quote

Yes, on round number 55, shit what a piss cutter.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 6:23:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
d60 rapidfire test results

https://youtu.be/VLpYlxLc1vU
View Quote

What's your set up there?
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 3:58:03 PM EDT
[#36]
http://www.deserttactical.com/Magpul_PMag_D_60_AR_M4_5_56_Drum_Magazine_p/mag-576.htm

best deal i could find
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 4:34:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
http://www.deserttactical.com/Magpul_PMag_D_60_AR_M4_5_56_Drum_Magazine_p/mag-576.htm

best deal i could find
View Quote

$10 shipping kills that deal.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top