Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/12/2016 1:20:48 PM EDT
i'm not into big capacity mags, i usually use the 5 & 10 rounders for target shooting. i don't just go out and blast away as this isn't my thing though i have friends that do and that's fine(to each their own). well, in light of the mass shooting in Florida i noticed i had an email from Selway with the MagPul D60 drum mag on special for $99. i bought 2 of these thinking that there's going to be another big push to limit mag sizes once again. i'll probably never use them but they will be here should i ever change my mind.

anybody else buy these?   just curious.

Bruce
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
i'm not into big capacity mags, i usually use the 5 & 10 rounders for target shooting. i don't just go out and blast away as this isn't my thing though i have friends that do and that's fine(to each their own). well, in light of the mass shooting in Florida i noticed i had an email from Selway with the MagPul D60 drum mag on special for $99. i bought 2 of these thinking that there's going to be another big push to limit mag sizes once again. i'll probably never use them but they will be here should i ever change my mind.

Bruce
View Quote

I have one that I just got about a month ago but have not used it yet. Not sure that I will.

Put it in your stash, just in case they say you can't have nice things sometime in the future.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 1:33:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Not bad for $99. Shipping kills it though.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 3:08:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not bad for $99. Shipping kills it though.
View Quote
shipping was $12.50 for the 2 of them, didn't think that was bad at all.

Bruce

Link Posted: 6/12/2016 6:56:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 6:46:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 1:14:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a couple and did a quick video.  I really enjoyed shooting with them.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 3:24:34 AM EDT
[#7]
It will go great with my bumpsaw build

Another is on its way from DSG
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 8:57:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 2:41:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Berry compliant pouches are in the works as we speak.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Still waiting for pouches to become available.

Good to hear

Link Posted: 6/16/2016 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#11]
       <comment removed............dpmmn>
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 10:09:44 PM EDT
[#12]
The USGI MOLLE canteen pouch works in a pinch.   You can use the flap or just the straps.   The straps will pass over the tower just like a canteen cap.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 10:12:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 11:45:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Bruce
View Quote

Bought one a few weeks back for my tavor, dont like the way it feels with it loaded in the Tavor, prob hold on to it, and see what they do with mags.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 4:24:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Good to hear

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still waiting for pouches to become available.

Good to hear

This.

Txl
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 5:55:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Snagged one of these today before my class III LGS could get it on the shelf lol. They had just gotten it, and there was only one. Probably wouldn't have gotten it if there wasn't a ban looming over our heads.

Bought another sbr from them this week, and had a Form4 on a suppressor come in this week as well. Kinda cool to see my new suppressor and Form4 come from the safe and onto the counter while oogling over an sbr purchase!   Very nice surprise (just under 5 months)!

Looking forward to seeing the pouch for D60.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#18]
ordered another with gander's free shipping and 20 off, 109.99 shipped. Now my bumpsaw will have 3
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 7:53:51 PM EDT
[#19]
I have one on the way.  Gonna need it when the zombie apocalypse kicks off.

Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:19:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have one on the way.  Gonna need it when the zombie apocalypse kicks off.  
View Quote

I ordered 2 just to have.  Never been a big fan of AR drums.  Love my AK drums however.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:43:34 AM EDT
[#21]
I heard it was a pain in the ass to load, is that true?
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:52:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 11:26:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 12:12:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
ordered another with gander's free shipping and 20 off, 109.99 shipped. Now my bumpsaw will have 3
View Quote

How do you get $20 off?
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 1:14:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Compared to regular box magazines the D60 is harder to load. Compared to other drums it is generally easier.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I heard it was a pain in the ass to load, is that true?

Compared to regular box magazines the D60 is harder to load. Compared to other drums it is generally easier.

I'll agree with this.  Once you get the ratchet mechanism figured out, it's easy.  Only drum that's easier are the AK drums where the back come off, you spin the spring around, drop the rounds in and close it up once loaded.  But for an AR, I'd say it's the easiest I've seen.  

Magpul- sent you a PM a few days back....please take a look when you get a chance.

Off-topic but is there a reason for design of the dust cover, including the loop??  Why not just go with the traditional dust cover?  

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 1:31:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

How do you get $20 off?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you get $20 off?

That code expired. You can use GMT5 for $5 off and free shipping. Not as good as the other deal.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 6:15:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 6:40:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 8:52:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The one I just got won't hold the bolt open. I have tried multiple lowers with the same result. Is there something that needs to happen for the bolt hold open to work? This is true on Bushmaster, BCM, Stag, LRB, and MI lowers.
View Quote

Mine wouldn't either just  cycling the action manually. But it did when firing and mag ran dry. Then I read the manual and it said as much.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 10:58:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 11:38:22 PM EDT
[#31]
I remember when the AWB expired in 04'.  A Beta C-mag was one of the first things I got.

For those of you who don't remember AWB scarcity and pricing, remember this:  Buy it cheap, stack it deep.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:11:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 10:36:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Mine arrived today and I promptly loaded it up with 60 rounds of IMI M855.  I'll take it with me to the range later this week with my Recce rifle.  It's compact size should make prone shooting from a bipod pretty effortless.

Loading it wasn't as much of a pain as I had anticipated, went pretty easy actually.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:06:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Mine arrived today and I promptly loaded it up with 60 rounds of IMI M855.  I'll take it with me to the range later this week with my Recce rifle.  It's compact size should make prone shooting from a bipod pretty effortless.

Loading it wasn't as much of a pain as I had anticipated, went pretty easy actually.
View Quote

Last 15 were a PITA.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:48:53 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Last 15 were a PITA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Last 15 were a PITA.

Yeah, you end up double pumping the lever at the end for the last few.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:25:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I remember when the AWB expired in 04'.  A Beta C-mag was one of the first things I got.

For those of you who don't remember AWB scarcity and pricing, remember this:  Buy it cheap, stack it deep.
View Quote

I bought my third D60 mag at Gander Mtn.  I told the GF that under the right circumstances the price could reach 1000 dollars.  4 days later Islam enriched Orlando and politicians started up again.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#37]
I need one or two.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 6:08:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:58:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Can the mag lula loader be used on this drum?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:02:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

The D60 has it's own load assisting device built in, so it's not necessary.  And despite what a few others have said on these boards, I find the D60 very easy to load.  They must not be using the load assist lever properly.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:01:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The D60 has it's own load assisting device built in, so it's not necessary.  And despite what a few others have said on these boards, I find the D60 very easy to load.  They must not be using the load assist lever properly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The last 15 rounds might need 2 revolutions of the loading lever.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 9:02:24 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Last 15 were a PITA.

Which they mention in the manual (not being snarky...)  I had to double-pump for the last 10 rounds.  It wasn't bad, since the rounds stay in place once the ratchet 'clicks.'

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 3:09:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Which they mention in the manual (not being snarky...)  I had to double-pump for the last 10 rounds.  It wasn't bad, since the rounds stay in place once the ratchet 'clicks.'

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last 15 were a PITA.

Who has time for a manual, I was ready to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Anyone have a ratchet lever break!?????
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 10:55:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes sense since the last rounds will be feeding into the smallest diameter area of the drum......
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:24:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Shot my brand new D60 today and it worked awesome but the bolt didn't lock back when it ran dry. I just got a click and looked over to see a closed bolt. Do they need time to break in to lock back after the last round?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 2:17:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Shot my brand new D60 today and it worked awesome but the bolt didn't lock back when it ran dry. I just got a click and looked over to see a closed bolt. Do they need time to break in to lock back after the last round?
View Quote

Load it up with 20 rounds and try again.  Probably a fluke.

My 2 DMAGs have held the bolt open every time.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:14:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roger WILCO.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:39:39 AM EDT
[#49]
do it I have been watching thed60  but the price is too high for me right now.  it is a neat idea. and when coupled with the Army research that led to the surefire 60 is a well needed product. (the Army decided a soldier can fire 60 semi auto  shots in the amount of time it takes a PKM to go through the standard 100rnd belt.  )  

I only really use my 20s

but over the years I picked up 2 beta mags, 2 40rnd pmags and 2 surefire 60s all have been used at least once and worked.  
I really like the surefire 60
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:20:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I need one or two.
View Quote

I just pick one up at Gander Mtn yesterday. I was there just to browse and ended up buying one. It's good to have at least one if panic buying starts before the election.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top