Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 11:36:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations on finally being able to bring it to market!  
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 12:12:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 12:56:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweet!  And @ a reasonable price for a do-everything magazine!  Glad you were able to get the price down.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 6:59:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Pretty cool. I'll pick a few up for my 5.45 AR.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 8:28:48 PM EDT
[#5]
By chance is there a thread in regards to the development of this mag and getting it to market?  Congrats on the design, looks like a badass mag.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 9:58:48 PM EDT
[#6]
There's a few threads.  Search on the OP's name.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 10:50:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I did not know men could build such things.

Congrats, that is super cool.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 10:32:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
By chance is there a thread in regards to the development of this mag and getting it to market?  Congrats on the design, looks like a badass mag.
View Quote

I know at one point there was a thread where some folks did beta testing for him.  I have to say I have no need for one but am considering buying one just to support the guy and his ingenuity.  I love seeing new products come to the market that not only serve an actual purpose but also so creativity and innovation.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 10:39:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Interesting situation where in ban states this mag may only hold  so much.amount of one caliber and a few more of another caliber
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 10:42:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Bonus points for nitriding it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 11:55:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I know at one point there was a thread where some folks did beta testing for him.  I have to say I have no need for one but am considering buying one just to support the guy and his ingenuity.  I love seeing new products come to the market that not only serve an actual purpose but also so creativity and innovation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My hat off to you Sir! You and guys like you are why I am doing this, and I promise I will NOT let you down, if the government allows me!

Jing
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 12:01:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Just ordered some. Will do a few tests when they get in and will post an update...

V
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 12:03:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I need to try some of these.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 5:48:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Interesting situation where in ban states this mag may only hold  so much.amount of one caliber and a few more of another caliber
View Quote

Since I don't live in a van state thus never crossed y mind, but that is a really good selling point for some of those that do fall under those restrictions.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:40:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Ordered a couple of them to try in my 5.56, 6.5 Grendel, and 7.62x39 ARs.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 6:14:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Awesome! Going to get 2 to start to try out. Thanks for all your work on this mag. It must have been one heck of a headache.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:09:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Got mine in today.  

I haven't had the chance to try it yet, but it seems solid and a bit heavy. The follower looks unique.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 1:48:40 PM EDT
[#19]
I tried it out today and found that:

A) It works with 5.56m  and 5.45mm

B)  It is not drop free in Anderson, Spikes, Colt military, and Rock River lowers. Worst in Anderson.

Not super tight, but not a drop free mag.

Not complaining, but it is not a drop fee mag.  I like it, but will need to test it a bit more.  It seems to be at the absolute max spec.

I am still happy with my purchase.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 2:53:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I tried it out today and found that:

A) It works with 5.56m  and 5.45mm

B)  It is not drop free in Anderson, Spikes, Colt military, and Rock River lowers. Worst in Anderson.

Not super tight, but not a drop free mag.

Not complaining, but it is not a drop fee mag.  I like it, but will need to test it a bit more.  It seems to be at the absolute max spec.

I am still happy with my purchase.
View Quote

The Nitriding process involves high heat and would distort the magazine slightly. However, we found that after break-in period, usually just a few mag dump over several day, the mag will be relaxed to its original shape and drop free again.

Please do keep testing it and report your findings, we appreciate your feed back.

Jing
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 3:02:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Not upset at all.  I'll keep using it.  

I have another order to put in with Primary Arms and will order a second mag this week.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 3:18:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Not upset at all.  I'll keep using it.  

I have another order to put in with Primary Arms and will order a second mag this week.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/7/2016 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I remember when you first were on here talking about the idea. Awesome that you made it all the way to production. I'll be picking up a couple.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 3:55:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Very interesting.  

First I heard of the concept but glad you were able to get it out there.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 4:20:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

All my ARs are .223/5.56 so I have no need for this mag, but feel like picking a couple up regardless.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 12:22:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

+1

All my ARs are .223/5.56 so I have no need for this mag, but feel like picking a couple up regardless.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/9/2016 10:24:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Received my 2 mags yesterday, neither drop free (at least at this point).  Not tight in the magwell, but snug.

They go to the range tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 1:08:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Whoa! I gotta try one of these out on my 6.8.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Whoa! I gotta try one of these out on my 6.8.
View Quote

Ordered 2 for this specific reason.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 10:06:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:57:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Forgot the quote, see below.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:58:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Received my 2 mags yesterday, neither drop free (at least at this point).  Not tight in the magwell, but snug.

View Quote

How's the result?

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 9:37:04 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
How's the result?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How's the result?

They fed fine with brass 5.56, which isn't really what I bought them for.

Tomorrow is a real test for me.  They go to the range with one of my 6.5 Grendels and Wolf steel cased ammo.  This is one of the main reasons I bought them.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:55:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Took my 2 Unimags out today with my 6.5 Grendel and some Wolf steel cased ammo.

Advertised capacity of the Unimag with the Grendel is 24 rounds, so I loaded both to that.  Both fed their contents without a hitch and held the bolt open on the last round.  Loaded both Unimags back up and repeated.  Same result, perfect feeding and bolt hold open.  Loaded both up a third time and got the same results yet again.

They fit very snug in the Alexander Arms lower of this rifle, not even coming close to dropping free.  Not an issue for me with this rifle.

Gonna take them back to the range on Friday with the same Grendel.  Based on today's results, I don't expect any issues whatsoever.

These Unimags seem to work very well in my Grendel, I am impressed.  They previously performed well in my LMT Defender (5.56).  Now I just need to try them in my 7.62x39 ARs.  If they work well there, I will be a believer in these mags.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 2:53:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Longziz thread? Nice!

What ever happened to the AR lower bullpup?
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 6:52:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Advertised capacity of the Unimag with the Grendel is 24 rounds, so I loaded both to that.  Both fed their contents without a hitch and held the bolt open on the last round.  Loaded both Unimags back up and repeated.  Same result, perfect feeding and bolt hold open.  Loaded both up a third time and got the same results yet again.

They fit very snug in the Alexander Arms lower of this rifle, not even coming close to dropping free.  Not an issue for me with this rifle.

Gonna take them back to the range on Friday with the same Grendel.  Based on today's results, I don't expect any issues whatsoever.

These Unimags seem to work very well in my Grendel, I am impressed.  They previously performed well in my LMT Defender (5.56).  Now I just need to try them in my 7.62x39 ARs.  If they work well there, I will be a believer in these mags.
View Quote

Thanks for the report! Glad it works great for you! Do try it on 7.62X39, it was born for that at the very beginning.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 6:53:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Longziz thread? Nice!

What ever happened to the AR lower bullpup?
View Quote

Unfortunately I have no answer for that.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 9:20:49 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Thanks for the report! Glad it works great for you! Do try it on 7.62X39, it was born for that at the very beginning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My two Unimags are already loaded up with 7.62x39.  They are headed to the range tomorrow.  Assuming no issues with the x39 round, I will be buying more Unimags.

Link Posted: 7/6/2016 3:08:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

My two Unimags are already loaded up with 7.62x39.  They are headed to the range tomorrow.  Assuming no issues with the x39 round, I will be buying more Unimags.

View Quote

Thank you for your business and have fun!
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 1:53:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Ran 200 rounds (8 mags worth at the advertised capacity of 25 rounds for 7.62x39) thru my two Unimags this morning with my YHM 7.62x39 AR.

100% feeding and they locked the bolt open on the last round every time.  Perfect function, I am very pleased.

As with every other lower I have tried these mags in (7 lowers total), the Unimags did not drop free in my YHM lower.  They did fit somewhat looser in the YHM than the other lowers I have tried them in however.

If there is one round I wanted these Unimags to work with, 7.62x39 is the one.  I hate, hate, hate the curvature of conventional 7.62x39 AR mags.

I have knee surgery tomorrow morning, but the plan is to be back at the range on Monday (assuming I'm physically able) to run more 7.62x39 thru these mags.  I do not anticipate any issues or drama with these mags.

Finally, a new and truly innovative AR product that lives up to the hype.  Gonna buy more of these mags to feed my two Grendels and two 7.62x39 ARs.  I'll probably put my dedicated 6.5 Grendel and 7.62x39 mags in a box and forget about them.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Any reason these would not work well with 450 Bushmaster? They are a straightwall cartridge and don't work well in a lot of mags.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 3:56:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Ran 200 rounds (8 mags worth at the advertised capacity of 25 rounds for 7.62x39) thru my two Unimags this morning with my YHM 7.62x39 AR.

100% feeding and they locked the bolt open on the last round every time.  Perfect function, I am very pleased.

As with every other lower I have tried these mags in (7 lowers total), the Unimags did not drop free in my YHM lower.  They did fit somewhat looser in the YHM than the other lowers I have tried them in however.

If there is one round I wanted these Unimags to work with, 7.62x39 is the one.  I hate, hate, hate the curvature of conventional 7.62x39 AR mags.

I have knee surgery tomorrow morning, but the plan is to be back at the range on Monday (assuming I'm physically able) to run more 7.62x39 thru these mags.  I do not anticipate any issues or drama with these mags.

Finally, a new and truly innovative AR product that lives up to the hype.  Gonna buy more of these mags to feed my two Grendels and two 7.62x39 ARs.  I'll probably put my dedicated 6.5 Grendel and 7.62x39 mags in a box and forget about them.
View Quote

Thank you for your report! May you have a speedy recovery from the surgery. Nothing satisfy me more than having one more satisfied customer!
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 3:57:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Any reason these would not work well with 450 Bushmaster? They are a straightwall cartridge and don't work well in a lot of mags.
View Quote

Olympic Arms has Unimag sample. Kinda remind me need to ask them what's the results.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top