Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/29/2016 10:21:26 PM EDT
Check out these Lancer Twenties.  Left was bought a couple months ago and the right about two weeks ago.  Both bought from DSG Arms.  See the extra ribs/reinforcements on the side ribbing?  Smoke is a bit darker too.  Looks like they made a little change.  I'm wondering if the Thirties have also been changed?

Link Posted: 5/30/2016 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Great! now I have to replace my Lancer AWM stash for these newer ones.

I thought only Magpul pulled this kind of crap.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup, I was thinking the same thing.  I would have never known this but was checking how far some cast .300blk bullets missed the ribs or if they rubbed and were pushed inwards.  They missed.  Wilson Combat uses Lancer's and shaves the ribs down on the inside.  I wonder if this was done to beef up the ribs if they were shaved or maybe the ribs are now thinner right from Lancer?

Link Posted: 5/30/2016 6:18:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I just recently bought some smoked 30s. The smoke is darker and more on the gray side. The new ones seem to allow 31rds. The older Lancer mags wouldn't allow that extra round.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 7:10:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Just opened up some new thirty rounders and they too have the reinforced ribs on the outside like the twenty's.  The inside width between the ribs are the same on the old and new.  As mentioned above the newer ones are a darker gray smoke.  Other than that they are the same.

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 9:25:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Hi All,

Earlier this year, we added an additional, material supplier.

The additional ribbing along the follower guide was added to assist in/ ease mold extraction.

Best Regards,

Dan

[email protected]

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 11:25:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you for responding Dan.  Awesome mags, love them!

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 11:38:52 AM EDT
[#7]
You're welcome.

And thank you for your support!

Dan

[email protected]
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 4:45:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hi All,
The additional ribbing along the follower guide was added to assist in/ ease mold extraction.
Best Regards,
Dan
[email protected]

View Quote

Thanks for the info.  In that case, can it be assumed that only some of the currently shipping mags have the ribbing (the mags constructed using molds from the material supplier), and that the ribbing has no functional benefit to the end user?
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 8:26:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info.  In that case, can it be assumed that only some of the currently shipping mags have the ribbing (the mags constructed using molds from the material supplier), and that the ribbing has no functional benefit to the end user?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hi All,

Best Regards,

Dan

[email protected]

You're welcome WitchDoctor02.

The ribs do not create any additional benefit to the
L5AWM's other than improve the production process.

All of the L5AWM's that are leaving our facility, now, have the ribs. There may be some suppliers that still have the others in stock but other than those ribs, they are the same mag.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Dan

[email protected]

Link Posted: 6/1/2016 2:08:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the info and quick response - much appreciated and good to know.  I will be sure to run the mags hard and enjoy the process!
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 2:18:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Thank you for not pulling a Magpul on us by having 4+ revisions of your magazines

It's good to know that the 60+ AWM's that I have are still the top of the class.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 7:45:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thank you for not pulling a Magpul on us by having 4+ revisions of your magazines

It's good to know that the 60+ AWM's that I have are still the top of the class.
View Quote

AMEN!
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 6:44:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Lancer Dan...you guys make damn good stuff.  Keep it up.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:50:51 PM EDT
[#14]
OBE
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top