Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2016 12:42:45 PM EDT
I have d&h, gen2 and gen3 pmags...i currently have 4 ars and 10 mags each plus a couple 20 rounders. I want to add 10 to 20 more to the stable...if price was close...what to buy. Forgive my grammar i am on my phone.

Gen 2 pmags 8.99 plus shipping
Okay surefeed 8.99 shipped
D&h 6.99 plus shipping

What mags and why?
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 1:02:54 PM EDT
[#1]
D&H. Just check them out for any issues then stash them away.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 1:44:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I have and use USGI mags, but IMHO, gen2 pmags.  Tougher than USGI mags. Worth the $2 extra anyday.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 2:28:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I am a fan of the OK Industries mags.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 2:41:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got everything - D&H, OK, NHMTG, Pmags, etc.  I'm not particularly brand loyal, and usually go with the cheapest.  I have an unopened case of 100 Pmags in my safe because they were on sale for $799 a few years ago.

Based on the prices above, I'd go with D&H.  Never had a problem with a single one, and at $2 cheaper, it's like buying 4 and getting the 5th one free.

I ran a group buy on a local gun board - bought 500 D&H mags.  Never heard a single complaint.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 3:02:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I vote Gen 2 PMAGs.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Where are the Okay mags being sold for $8.99?
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 8:08:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Can't be named.  Think you need to get 6 for that price. And they may be back orderer. Haven't looked lately.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:09:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Okays or Gen2 Pmags.  Take your pick.  I'm a fan of Pmags these days.  I've had quite a few g.i. mags die untimely deaths from seemingly trivial injuries that would not have phased a Pmag....
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:45:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Can't be named.  Think you need to get 6 for that price. And they may be back orderer. Haven't looked lately.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes, yes and in stock
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:03:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have d&h, gen2 and gen3 pmags...i currently have 4 ars and 10 mags each plus a couple 20 rounders. I want to add 10 to 20 more to the stable...if price was close...what to buy. Forgive my grammar i am on my phone.

D&h 6.99 plus shipping

What mags and why?
View Quote

Where can you get gem 2 pmags for $9?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:50:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

yes, yes and in stock
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes, yes and in stock

Gotcha. Reason I asked is because I went straight there after seeing that post and saw they were priced at $11.99.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Those are all so affordable that I would buy 10 of each. Then repeat every month.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 5:19:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Those are all so affordable that I would buy 10 of each. Then repeat every month.
View Quote

I wish. Bought an upper for a wedding gift for Sil and New BIL (young farmers)...and saving up to adopt a kiddo. Affordability doesn't exist right now!
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 5:37:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

D&h 6.99 plus shipping

What mags and why?

Western Sport
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 8:04:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Of the three options listed by the OP, Okay is #1.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 1:45:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Western Sport
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

D&h 6.99 plus shipping

What mags and why?

Western Sport

Wow, they are only 44 minutes away from. Is that the normal price for them?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Pay a little extra and get Lancers
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 1:21:13 PM EDT
[#19]
ETS

Industry Partner here and 15% Memorial Day Sale:

ETS

Link Posted: 5/30/2016 2:28:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Western Sport
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

D&h 6.99 plus shipping

What mags and why?

Western Sport

From looking around $9-ish shipped seems to be the going rate for Gen 2 Pmags and they aren't getting much cheaper.  Someone in another thread said Magpul charges retailers something like $8.92 for them....which I'm not sure is valid but if so might explain why finding them in the $8 range isn't happening any more in any quantity.

I've never had any issues with USGI/D&H or Pmags but haven't tried the Okays.  

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 3:34:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
ETS

ETS

View Quote

$15.30 a mag after sale...I'm sure they're nice mags but I will still take a dang near 2 for 1 price point on known quality mags.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 9:58:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I am a fan of the OK Industries mags.
View Quote

So am I.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 7:36:26 AM EDT
[#23]
I've been stacking Okay mags. I have a bunch of pmags but I swear the (very) few times I've ever had some type of FTF its always been with the plastic mags. Good mil spec mags have never done me wrong.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 7:55:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
ETS

ETS

View Quote

While I really like their mag best, I can get Lancer or MagPuls much cheaper even with the 15% discount

Not to mention the screaming deals on GI mags. They kinda price themselves out of the market...it's a magazine
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:17:00 AM EDT
[#25]
I have about 80 Pmags and around 20 D&H mags and a few other brands. For the average shooter, Pmag is the best of both worlds-price and function. I would like to try ETS mags as they have see through mags which are kind of neat.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 5:04:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

While I really like their mag best, I can get Lancer or MagPuls much cheaper even with the 15% discount

Not to mention the screaming deals on GI mags. They kinda price themselves out of the market...it's a magazine
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ETS

ETS

Do Lancers or Magpuls have lifetime warranties?

Fathers Day discount on all ETS magazines 15% off with discount code:  ETSDAD.

Offer ends Monday June 13, 2016.

Link Posted: 6/11/2016 9:35:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Do Lancers or Magpuls have lifetime warranties?

Fathers Day discount on all ETS magazines 15% off with discount code:  ETSDAD.

Offer ends Monday June 13, 2016.

View Quote

While I can't speak for Lancer as a company, I have read a few complaints that Magpul makes the customer pay shipping even at times when it's their fault.  

Now I love Magpul's product but, if true....again...IF TRUE...., that's just horrible customer service IMO.  Sending a shipping label is day one stuff anymore.

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 1:30:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 2:40:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Generally CS has the ability to make things right with shipping if an item turns out needing to be replaced. With the amount of counterfeti/airsoft items we have sent to us for warranty repair it is not practical to send out shipping labels for all returns unconditionally.

That said we are making some big strides this year in upgrading the CS experience to include improved response times and return/warranty handling.
View Quote

That's never a bad thing.  

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 3:08:58 PM EDT
[#31]
I would go with the Magpuls I found that metal mag feedlips tend to scratch the brass when feeding. STAY AWAY FROM THE D&H. I bought about 20 of those from PSA a few years ago and they are the worst magazines I ever tried. After promag of course. They didn't drop free when loaded and put serious scratches on my brass. They did however function flawlessly if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:02:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I would go with the Magpuls I found that metal mag feedlips tend to scratch the brass when feeding. STAY AWAY FROM THE D&H. I bought about 20 of those from PSA a few years ago and they are the worst magazines I ever tried. After promag of course. They didn't drop free when loaded and put serious scratches on my brass. They did however function flawlessly if I remember correctly.
View Quote

I must be lucky every D&H I've gotten from them perform great. I prefer them, always dropped free loaded or unloaded.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 2:00:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's weird because I've never had any issues with any of my D&H mags over the years.  They've always dropped free (unlike all my Pmags) from all of my lowers as well.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have and use USGI mags, but IMHO, gen2 pmags.  Tougher than USGI mags. Worth the $2 extra anyday.
View Quote

I have both.  I like pmags just fine.

I'll take usgi all day every day.

Txl
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:41:59 PM EDT
[#35]
I would go with the Magpuls
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:37:13 AM EDT
[#36]

Okay!

Why, because EVERY magazine they manufacture is tested on an insertion gauge to make sure it's correct.

They are the most trouble free magazine available.
View Quote
Bingo!

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top