BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/21/2016 1:53:42 PM EDT
Anyone else see this?

32rnd capacity, standard magazine profile, EPR optimized feed angle(M855A1).

These things look great imo.
DD 32RND Magazine
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 6:18:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 6:36:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm intrigued.  If DD puts their name on it...it's probably legit.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 7:07:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Now I just have to wait for DSG to have them in a 10 pack
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 7:13:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now I just have to wait for DSG to have them in a 10 pack
View Quote

Agreed
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 8:35:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Looks don't cut it in a gun fight.

It remains to be seen how well they work. The Hera magazines were one of the best looking AND least reliable mags out there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DD 32RND Magazine

It remains to be seen how well they work. The Hera magazines were one of the best looking AND least reliable mags out there.

By looks I mean they look promising. Not actually looking good aesthetic  wise.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 9:06:58 PM EDT
[#6]
<Edited.........gd type image removed from tech forum.....dpmmn>
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 9:23:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

When was the last time you were in a gun fight?

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:22:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Anyone else see this?

32rnd capacity, standard magazine profile, EPR optimized feed angle(M855A1).

DD 32RND Magazine
View Quote
The bathrooms at NRA convention had stickers above the urinals that said "wouldn't you rather have 32DDs in your hand?" I checked them out.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:28:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 12:22:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Fortunately, never.

But I've had to draw my sidearm way too many times and I've had my patrol rifle out on Felony car stops several times. In addition, a couple of times I've had to do an entry including one with a barricaded subject holding a hostage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fortunately, never.

But I've had to draw my sidearm way too many times and I've had my patrol rifle out on Felony car stops several times. In addition, a couple of times I've had to do an entry including one with a barricaded subject holding a hostage.

I am glad you have never had to be in one, they are not fun, I was involved in far to many of them in my time in the service.  They are not exciting, they are not fun.  May you never be involved in one!

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:00:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I am glad you have never had to be in one, they are not fun, I was involved in far to many of them in my time in the service.  They are not exciting, they are not fun.  May you never be involved in one!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fortunately, never.

Never been in one, but I'm pretty sure it'd be exciting. I mean the actual definition of the word (heart racing, adrenaline, fear, etc.) not the dictionary-challenged one (another word for "good")....
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:35:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm way too OCD to ever own one of these mags.   Heck, I barely ever even use 30 round mags, because most of my ammo comes in boxes of 20, so a 20 round mag is obviously the best.  Call it a silly reason, but having 8 rounds leftover after every loaded mag would annoy me.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:00:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 12:54:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hell, then what I do would drive you over the edge.

20 round mags get loaded with 18 rounds

30 round mags get loaded with 28 rounds
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm way too OCD to ever own one of these mags.   Heck, I barely ever even use 30 round mags, because most of my ammo comes in boxes of 20, so a 20 round mag is obviously the best.  Call it a silly reason, but having 8 rounds leftover after every loaded mag would annoy me.

Dump a case of ammo into a 50 cal can and all that nonsense goes out the window.   Load mags as needed and use accordingly.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:35:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I buy a lot of my ammo in 10 round stripper clips, does that mean 10 rounds is better?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#16]
multipul topic
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:27:33 PM EDT
[#17]
wrong one
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:35:26 PM EDT
[#18]
So we down load by 2 and get 30rds
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:28:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So we down load by 2 and get 30rds
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:05:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Buy IMI 556...it comes in 30 round boxes.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:35:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Another product DD can overprice. Hope it is better than the tiny pistol grip they designed.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 8:20:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hard to believe downloading mags is still going on in 2016.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Another product DD can overprice. Hope it is better than the tiny pistol grip they designed.
View Quote

Unfortunately, this is kinda what i expect from them at this point.  They make quality guns and parts but they charge a hell of a lot for it.  Most people I know who've used both will say BCM is equal in quality and is significantly cheaper.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 12:57:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, this is kinda what i expect from them at this point.  They make quality guns and parts but they charge a hell of a lot for it.  Most people I know who've used both will say BCM is equal in quality and is significantly cheaper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is kind of how I felt.  For a solid polymer mag with no window or anything fancy other than another 2 rounds I cant see spending $20 on one when I can get a PMag for $10 each or an ETS Mag for $17.  If I was using my AR for a living such as swat I might give it a shot simply for the reason of a few more rounds in a load out, but not for recreational use.  When they are selling for $9.95 or less I might give it a try.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 6:40:25 PM EDT
[#25]
I just bought one based on this thread.  Seems to be very well made, no untrimmed flashing, parts are very obviously fiber re-enforced and everything seems quite robust.

Maybe I'll give it a run out of my A1 tomorrow just to give my buddy a stroke.  He HATES it when I run modern mags out of A1s...LOLOLOLLOLOL!!!!

Link Posted: 6/4/2016 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#26]
After fiddling with Lancers, I don't see why more makers not work in some kind of steel or aluminum metal overlay for the feed lips. I wonder what other polymer mag makers Think of the DD move...
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#27]
I've checked these out... I like the texturing.  Feels like they won't up out of my hands even if they are sweaty or greasy.  Don't know if it is worth the extra cost over the tried and true PMAG though.  I think this may have ultimately more to do with DD not wanting to rely on outside-sourced parts.  Same with their furniture etc... They really seem to be striving to offer their customers a 100% in-house product.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:41:42 PM EDT
[#28]
I did run my DD.  Fully loaded, the first round failed to feed.  Likely the front portion of the mag caught on the neck of the round during the feed cycle.  I yanked the mag, cleared the malf and reinserted the mag and recharged the weapon.  Ran fine after that.  Gonna test it again soon.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:30:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Update on these mags? Anymore testing on the working of these mags?
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 1:52:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Update on these mags? Anymore testing on the working of these mags?
View Quote

No issues with mine yet. Don't think I tried it seating it on a closed bolt but I feel it'll take effort along the lines of Lancer.

-A little longer (5/8" or so) than Lancers or Pmags.
-Material feels harder than both of them.
-Pull tab is useless IMHO and I think is more for protecting the floor plate removal button than use as a pull.
- Texture is nice and grips well.
-Drops free from all my lowers
- Spring feels pretty stiff compared to other mags.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#31]
It's very strange they want to build everything in house. Boeing makes billions and has figured out that they don't want to build anything in house anymore. Unless once they get their parents down they will have a little mom and pop shop make it for them. I think it's a mistake.

I love what aero and colt are starting to do. No handrails or furniture. Pick your own that you like. That's what everyone does.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 4:10:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It's very strange they want to build everything in house. Boeing makes billions and has figured out that they don't want to build anything in house anymore. Unless once they get their parents down they will have a little mom and pop shop make it for them. I think it's a mistake.

I love what aero and colt are starting to do. No handrails or furniture. Pick your own that you like. That's what everyone does.
View Quote

If you can make everything yourself there's not much risk of a supply problem.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 1:34:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Grabbed 3 when I ordered my DDM4v9 upper, only issue I had during a training class was a failure to feed when I was using wolf steel cased ammo. Chambered the first round just fine, fired another one or two then the bolt got stuck. Not sure what the issue was but may have been the lower powered wolf ammo or something along those lines. No issues with brass cased ammo at all. Though I didn't use them as extensively as my PMAGS.

Overall they're neat, but for the price I can get Gen 3 PMAGS as they're not worth it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 8:12:21 PM EDT
[#34]
So far the 10 I have work great. Used them during a 2 day class last month no issues. I alternated loading them to 32, 31 and 30 rounds, they would seat on a closed bolt every time. The texture is nice especially since I don't really bear can grip mags, I'm a lefty and grip them a little differently to allow me to hit the mag release while pinching both magazines in my fingers during a "tactical reload". It looks funky but works for me.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Ran one in 3 different AR's

ran it hard for an afternoon

3 guys shooting

tests ok, no trouble found.

I like it.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 1:42:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Well I'm not about to be the Beta tester.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Well I'm not about to be the Beta tester.
View Quote

fear not

Daniel Defense makes good shit

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 5:08:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing wrong with down loading GI mags with 2 less to seat easier on a closed bolt.

I haven't found the need to for Pmags etc though.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:37:11 PM EDT
[#39]
I just picked up the DD v11 in Kryptex.  It came with the new DD 32 rounder.  I haven't had a chance to play with both.  When I do, Ill post it  
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:33:16 PM EDT
[#40]

So far so good with my two
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 9:12:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Do they need to be modded for the SCAR?
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 12:26:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Picked up one a few weeks ago.
Ran it in my repertoire of mags to abuse in my local match.
Ran okay.

A couple days ago, was doing a bit of dry-fire practice and for some reason it won't seat in my rifle without violent shove into the magwell. Even then, the magazine release doesn't sit all the way into the resting position.
Tried it on my two other rifles, the only one it seems to like is my HK/Spikes fraken-416.

Took a close look, there is a burr developing on the rear right corner of the body where the magwell stops.
Not sure if it came like that from the factory or something it developed while being fired.

Either way, just gonna pull out a file and remove some of that material to see if it helps.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 8:50:10 PM EDT
[#43]
My LGS got a bunch of these in stock, so I figured I'd give two of these mags a go.

I'm gonna try and make it out to the range tomorrow and run some rounds out of them with my 516.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 6:16:52 PM EDT
[#44]
I have one of these mags that came with a gun.  It is ok, the feed lips are very sharp and if you are not paying attention and have the round too far back it will hurt your thumb when it doesnt go in all the way.  I prefer my Magpul gen 3 mags honestly.

ETA- No failures of any kind.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 5:05:21 PM EDT
[#45]
I ran about two hundred rounds though the two DD mags during the course of my last range session.

Just a boring old report:  the DD magazines worked perfectly in all respects.  No issues at all.  

I'm gonna snag a few more up this week and run 'em at a 3-gun shoot this weekend to see how they hold up under those conditions.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 12:43:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Gave the DD mag another chance at at a match. It consistently didn't want to seat on anything other than an open bolt, and even then had trouble feeding a round all the way into battery.

Disappointed.

Luckily I had plenty of GI mags and didn't have any other issues after throwing the DD back into the range bag.

This is  my first time being disappointed with any DD product.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:36:51 PM EDT
[#47]
I spotted these in a local gun store, and thought I'd pick up a couple to see what they're about.

First off, holy heck...$20.00 ea.??  When you can buy PMAGs and Lancers for $10-12 ea?  

Once you get past the sticker shock, they are a nice magazine.  They have more texture/grip than many magazines (Gen M2 PMAGs are pretty bad in this regard).  I suppose the 2 extra rounds is a nice feature - you can load an even 30 rounds and not have any insertion issues.  They are NOT compatible with every rifle.  SIG MCX?  Check.  Colt Competition CRP-18?  Check.  HM Defense?  Bzzzz...it won't lock in.  I suspect they won't with a Noveske either, as well as other high-end ARs.  

I haven't gotten one out on the range yet.  If these come down to a competitive price, I'd certainly consider them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:39:01 PM EDT
[#48]
You can get these from Primary Arms for 15.99 at the moment (look at sale page)
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:46:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You can get these from Primary Arms for 15.99 at the moment (look at sale page)
View Quote

That's still about 4 bucks per stick than you get other trusted brands....and they don't (as of yet) have a translucent or window mag.  :(

Like I said, hopefully they'll come down in price.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:07:44 AM EDT
[#50]
For that money, I'd buy Tango Down MK2 mags.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top