Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/3/2016 7:14:25 AM EDT
I have several dozen C-Products aluminum magazines and all but a couple have been perfect.

I had a couple that the internal dimensions were wrong and the rounds would hang up a bit. Those were marked and I use them for training. Those were from the earliest batch.

The rest I bought have been excellent. Never a single issue.

It's been years since I bought any new magazines. I am curious if their reputation has improved in recent years. I would like to buy some more aluminum mags and I have had great luck with C-Products. Is there any recent feedback on their quality?

Any other inexpensive aluminum mags that I need to look at? I would like to keep it under $10 each
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 7:52:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Botach has Okay mags for less than $10 if you buy 6 or more and free shipping.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 8:00:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll check them out.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 8:07:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'll check them out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll check them out.

Never Botach. Not once.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 8:16:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Never Botach. Not once.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll check them out.

Never Botach. Not once.

Alternative?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 8:20:58 AM EDT
[#5]
PSA has d+h mags on sale all the time for 7 bux
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 8:35:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

They get bad reviews.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 8:39:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They get bad reviews.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They get bad reviews.

Must be I got lucky with mine, 15 D&H mags I have run fine.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 10:37:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Alternative?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll check them out.

Never Botach. Not once.

Alternative?

Botach has earned a TERRIBLE reputation here.

I've only ordered from this place once, but it was a good transaction.
http://www.manventureoutpost.com/categories/Firearm-Accessories/Magazines-%26-Loaders/AR/
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 2:51:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I've never had any problems with the d&h from palmetto, but I really liked my cproducts Teflon mags from a couple years back. They're all a lot more expensive now than they were then.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 3:16:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Just spend a couple bucks more and get Pmags
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 5:02:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
They get bad reviews.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They get bad reviews.
well if you think d+h might suck because of reviews, your gonna love cproducts  they're reputation sucks.  

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They get bad reviews.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They get bad reviews.

Yea they might install the floor plate incorrectly.  Inexcusable.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
well if you think d+h might suck because of reviews, your gonna love cproducts  they're reputation sucks.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They get bad reviews.

I bought around 50 C-Products mags around 2006 to 2008. Don't quote me on that because it was not long after joining this site. All but 2 of them were fine. No issues. I remember having some the Magpul followers wouldn't work in but they were 100% with the original green follower. I gave those away and they all still work fine.

I can't help but wonder how much of their reputation was from stuff that happened 10 years ago and how much is current. That was actually part of the reason for this thread.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 12:07:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Never Botach. Not once.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll check them out.

Never Botach. Not once.

I've been buying from botach for a few years. I buy a lot of stuff off their ebay store. I've never had any problem. I guess there's a first for everything, but at the moment I trust botach.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 12:18:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Never Botach. Not once.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll check them out.

Never Botach. Not once.

I ordered a few things from them last week. They arrived 3 days later.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Alternative?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll check them out.

Never Botach. Not once.

Alternative?

Fwiw, last week okay's with green followers were $10.99 at eagle armory, and with magpul followers were $13.99 at 44mag.com. Don't know if they still are.

Personally, I'd rather have ten okay/nhmtg than fifteen of any other aluminum magazine.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 1:57:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I bought around 50 C-Products mags around 2006 to 2008. Don't quote me on that because it was not long after joining this site. All but 2 of them were fine. No issues. I remember having some the Magpul followers wouldn't work in but they were 100% with the original green follower. I gave those away and they all still work fine.

I can't help but wonder how much of their reputation was from stuff that happened 10 years ago and how much is current. That was actually part of the reason for this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They get bad reviews.

I have some of those exact mags as well.  They were pretty solid and I've never had problems with them in the last 10 years.  None of mine had issues with the Magpul followers.

Of course, almost everything steel I purchased from them has been junk.  The 5.45 mags had a flaking finish, the spot welds on the seams were inconsistent, tons of sharp edges.  And then the 9mm magazine debacle.  Those were junk all around when they first launched.

I do have 4 of their 40-round steel magazines that I haven't had any issues with.  Heavy as all hell, seemed to be a lot better in quality than the other steel mags I've seen from them.  The complete inconsistency from product to product is a huge issue.  At least with a company like Magpul, you know you're going to get a solid product without any surprises.  C-Products, you might get a good design, bad design, good batch, bad batch.  Totally inconsistent.

I avoid a lot of the "alternative caliber" AR builds that require their special snowflake mags now because of the experiences I've had.

But those original aluminum mags keep on running.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 3:31:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They get bad reviews.

I have stacks of them and haven't found a bad one yet.  

44 mag dot com

I tested several lots of .223 and 7.62x39 CP mags with shitty results.  They will always have a bad name in my book.  There is a reason they went out of business.  

Never buy CP mags and stack them up like a lot of fanboys did here.  Test every one of them.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 3:40:26 PM EDT
[#21]
I might just buy a few more Lancers and call it a day. I do still need to find a cheap source for mags for my brother in law. I will most likely just have him order Gen 2 or 3 Pmags.

Later we can order up a few more dozen Okay mags.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 8:00:03 AM EDT
[#22]
I've never had any issues with my D&H mags.  And at $7 at PSA you can't go wrong.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 8:45:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Pretty sure the old C Products is defunct and the new C Products Defense is a different company with a new owner. Haven't tried their aluminum mags yet but the one stainless mag of theirs I have hasn't given me any problems.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 8:00:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 9:00:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

some of the old people are still in charge there
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty sure the old C Products is defunct and the new C Products Defense is a different company with a new owner. Haven't tried their aluminum mags yet but the one stainless mag of theirs I have hasn't given me any problems.

I was really hoping for current info on their quality.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 7:02:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The couple I've handled didn't look bad but with D&H at $7 and Okays  at $9 it's not worth the risk. Cproducts are the only springs I've seen rust and break too.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 12:17:50 PM EDT
[#27]
I have several Cproducts mags from about 10 years ago. They really suck. I am always having issues with them. Not sure I would really give them second chance because I pretty much use all pmags now.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 3:04:29 PM EDT
[#28]
I wouldn't bother with them. While it's not that recent, I ordered 8 mags from them during the first days of the panic after Sandy Hook.  They were advertised as in stock. Awesome, right? Not really, a week or two goes by and I follow up - delayed in coating, should be shipping soon. Ok...

Another batch shows up on their website - in stock again - shipping in a few days . . .

Hmmm.

Follow up again . . . Another excuse . . .

At this point, it's been about a month, and I tell him I know things are crazy, but skip the excuses, just give me a honest idea of when they'll ship. His response was pretty much "I don't want to deal with customers like you. Your order is canceled."

I wasn't happy at that time, but I'm glad I dodged the bullet on them.  And yes, the guy I talked to was the same guy that ran CP before.  Googled him, his kid, and stuff and became even happier he canceled my order.

Bought 2 ASC mags (made on old C products equipment) and wasn't too happy with them. I forget if it's a subcontractor that got a lot of his assets in BK or a guy he convinced to buy the business or what . . .but I won't buy their products when there's other products of known quality.

Oh yeah, and their shilling . . .
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 11:01:13 AM EDT
[#29]
With so many problems and shenanigans from C-products over the years why would you even risk it?  You think that they may have learned their lesson and are now honest and caring?  Wold you take back an ex-girlfriend from several year ago that cheated on you the whole time you were together?  After all she hasn't cheated on you since you kicked her out. maybe she has changed.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 12:04:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 10:05:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I've never had any issues with my D&H mags.  And at $7 at PSA you can't go wrong.
View Quote

This^
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 8:12:51 AM EDT
[#32]
I run the new C Products Defense 7.62x39 AR mags and they're great. Running a tapered 7.62x39 cartridge in an AR mag is tricky and CPD seems to have gotten it right. Good strong springs too.

No experience with the CPD 5.56 mags, but if they're as good, they're good enough.

But the Okay/Surefeed mags have the best reputation here, so that's always a safe bet. Seems to be closest to milspec.

Most of my 5.56 AR mags are early PMAG 20s & 30s, Mako E-landers 20s & 30s both early & current, and USGI straight 20s from Brownells. The E-Landers have a BAD reputation here, and although they all run fine in my BCM I'm hesitant to recommend them. I like the Makos cause they're made of heavy stainless steel.

My favorite LGS was etching their logo on the same D&H mags that PSA sells for $7. Got one for free with a recent purchase, it runs great in my BCM upper/RRA lower.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 9:23:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top