Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2016 5:05:13 PM EDT
Anyone put it to the test?  How's it working for you?

I haven't heard much about them since they came out.  I'm going to get one when funds allow.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 5:28:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I have three and never had an issue. They are GTG!!

Chinook3
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#2]
My 3 have all been good semi and full auto.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:48:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I have 1 and have used it in two multi gun matches and numerous range trips.  Works great but is a bit of a pain in the ass to load and unload.
Other than that it's good to go.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:01:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Good to hear, I planned on getting a couple to use in my home defense suppressed SBR. Shouldn't have to reload.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:39:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine has been 100% reliable but as someone above said it is a bitch to load. Especially the last 20 rounds
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:07:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I had one that originally did not work. MagPul replaced it - but at my expense - anyway, new one works great.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:37:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I had one that originally did not work. MagPul replaced it - but at my expense - anyway, new one works great.
View Quote

Details? What exactly about it didn't work?

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:56:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Mine has been 100% reliable but as someone above said it is a bitch to load. Especially the last 20 rounds
View Quote

I've loaded mine at least a dozen times.  Pretty easy.  *Shrugs*
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:35:52 PM EDT
[#10]
No complaints/issues about mine, was worried I'd have to file it down, all my gen 2 Magpul 20s & 30s needed to be filed and still are a tight fit in all my lowers. The drum just fit like it's supposed to. Even full on a closed bolt, no problem.

I WILL agree that loading the last rounds are kinda slow. I can drop 60 rounds in two mags by hand faster than I can reload this drum. Lemme use my Uplula speedloader and I can do it even faster.
But this is also the only drum I have that I can store loaded, so not a problem.

There's a long thread in the Industry section on the D-60, it's all good...
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 3:46:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I haven't had a single hiccup with my D-60. Loading it can take a bit of figuring out how best to hold it, which finger for the ratchet lever etc. Once you figure that out, it can be loaded very quickly with a Strip-lula loader. The last 10 rounds or so are a bit more difficult but as long as you realize you may have to ratchet the lever multiple times to load up just one round at a time.

Mine have fed every type of ammo flawlessly, it's locked back the bolt on the last round every time, has no insertion problems loaded or not and is easy to clean. I was a bit intimidated to tear it open the first time but Magpul made it easy to open and reassemble, but also wipe down and clean it.

I couldn't be any happier with my D-60. The are 100% reliable and a ton of fun. I hope they're around long enough for me to pick up a few more.....
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 5:37:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Glad to hear that in general they seem to work.  Finding one in stock is near impossible though....at least it has been for me.

Edit:  Of course I say that and then find one in stock.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It did not feed on a rifle that fed another separate drum perfectly. Also did not hold bolt back on two different rifles.  The one MagPul got me in replacement works great. I wasn't overwhelmed by their CS though - not the fastest and at my shipping expense.  At least I did get a properly working D60 in the end.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Apparently we had one that was shattered in its box when it came into the store. Dunno what the story was on that, but I'm glad to see people aren't finding many issues with them in actual use. Is anyone finding them under MSRP?

I'd love to take a look at them, but our delivery only had two and they were gone by the time I could take a look.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 8:31:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Anybody find any notable advantage over just using a standard 30 rounders and a reload?

Seems to me if you factor in the time it takes to insert 60 rounds and the less than familiar ergonomics, as well as the price, that the 30 rou ders make more sense.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 9:36:42 PM EDT
[#16]
It's shorter than the 30rd PMAGs, so it's also better for prone shooting.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 3:04:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It did not feed on a rifle that fed another separate drum perfectly. Also did not hold bolt back on two different rifles.  The one MagPul got me in replacement works great. I wasn't overwhelmed by their CS though - not the fastest and at my shipping expense.  At least I did get a properly working D60 in the end.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Making a customer pay shipping, either way, for a product to be replaced that should have worked correctly out of the box is just plain BAD customer service. Why should the customer pay anything(shipping) for the manufacturer's mistake?
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 4:11:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Making a customer pay shipping, either way, for a product to be replaced that should have worked correctly out of the box is just plain BAD customer service. Why should the customer pay anything(shipping) for the manufacturer's mistake?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

x2
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 5:12:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Anybody find any notable advantage over just using a standard 30 rounders and a reload?

Seems to me if you factor in the time it takes to insert 60 rounds and the less than familiar ergonomics, as well as the price, that the 30 rou ders make more sense.
View Quote

Do you even bumpfire brah?

That's what mines for.
thread of awesomeness

Pic of Mr Alaskancajun's sexy sexy

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 7:42:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you're just fooling around at the range, no. If you have SD/HD in mind, yeah. Right now for the latter I make do with a 40 rounder in the gun.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 10:39:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

x2
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

x2

Agreed.  I had to do the same for 4 of the original M3 20rd mags that were nearly impossible to seat on a closed bolt while the other 20 that I got later were fine.  I was unimpressed by the reps attiude and having to pay to ship them back.

That was my sign to buy elsewhere so I bought 40 Lancer's instead of more PMAG's.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 10:46:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Snip

Agreed.  I had to do the same for 4 of the original M3 20rd mags that were nearly impossible to seat on a closed bolt while the other 20 that I got later were fine.  I was unimpressed by the reps attiude and having to pay to ship them back.
That was my sign to buy elsewhere so I bought 40 Lancer's instead of more PMAG's.
View Quote
I had a bad lancer, I sent them an email and they mailed me a new mag with a prepaid shipping label for my bad mag.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:37:13 PM EDT
[#23]
I loaded my D60 with 60 rounds of green tip and left it loaded for 100 days. Then shot the mag semi and full auto without issue . It's currently fully loaded for about 50 days. At the 60 day point I'll shoot it - again semi and full auto and then run about 500 rounds through it at the range. If there are no issues then I'll call it fully good to go. Biggest pro is that it's shorter than a 30 round mag and can be kept loaded for the long term without issues . It weighs slightly more than two loaded 30 round magazines and loading it is a PITA but as a first magazine or as a stand alone magazine in a trunk gun it's good to go. I definitely prefer the D60 to two coupled 30 round magazines.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:02:42 PM EDT
[#24]
100% function in every gun. Although it does not fit in my seekins Lower
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:04:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Hows it with 220+ grain 300 blk subs?
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:10:55 PM EDT
[#26]
These were $135 plus tax at a gun show this weekend.  That seemed a little steep when a pair of 30 round Gen 2 Pmags is $21 and change.  What is the street price of these?
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:07:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
These were $135 plus tax at a gun show this weekend.  That seemed a little steep when a pair of 30 round Gen 2 Pmags is $21 and change.  What is the street price of these?
View Quote

They can be had for around $100 if you shop around and wait on a deal.  I have four of them that I got from DSG for less than $100 each.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Do these things rattle / make clunking sounds when loaded like my AK drums?
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 8:47:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Anyone know? There is one I want to grab in the MP depending on if these things are noisy are not when loaded
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:16:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Anyone know? There is one I want to grab in the MP depending on if these things are noisy are not when loaded
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do not have an AK drum but I did not notice any noise out of the loaded D60 when transporting or using.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 3:04:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

No they are very secure and quiet in the weapon.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 3:08:18 PM EDT
[#32]
good to hear, .just ordered  one from Cabellas
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top