Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2016 6:57:23 PM EDT
Does anyone have experience buying from 44mag.com?  Are they a reputable dealer?  They have 6.8 SPC ASC mags in stock and at a decent price, but I've never bought from them nor have I heard anything about them, either good or bad.  

I'd appreciate either a thumbs up or thumbs down if any members have recent experiences with this vendor.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I had no problem
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I have bought metal AR-15 mags 3 or 4 times and some 1911 mags once; they are GTG in my book. All orders are correct, no backlogs (at least in my case), and never even had a need to invoke customer service. I recommend them. They are also a site sponsor!
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Good to go
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:17:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I've bought from them for years, very good service.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:51:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I have had no issues, bought from them several times.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:55:35 PM EDT
[#6]
They doubled their prices on a lot of stuff right after Newtown.  I will never darken their website again.  Too many other good vendors who don't gouge.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:58:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:13:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They doubled their prices on a lot of stuff right after Newtown.  I will never darken their website again.  Too many other good vendors who don't gouge.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not only that, but they took mags from m&p pistols they had in stock and sold them separately from the pistols for more than double. Only way to get mags with the pistols was to buy them after buying the pistol for full price. Fuck them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:07:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I have bought from them several times...
Always had good value and service.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:09:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Purchased from them a few times, no issues.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:17:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not only that, but they took mags from m&p pistols they had in stock and sold them separately from the pistols for more than double. Only way to get mags with the pistols was to buy them after buying the pistol for full price. Fuck them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't know that.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:32:50 PM EDT
[#14]
gtg
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:35:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I didn't know that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't know that.

I didn't think 44mag.com sold guns.  

I've bought mags from them for about ten years and they are gtg to me.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:59:37 PM EDT
[#16]
GTG, bought from them multiple times over the years.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:06:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't know that.

They sell guns on gunbroker.  You know the auction site where you're forced to increase your bid beyond what you're willing to pay against your will by sellers like 44mag. They should make a law stopping people from voluntarily spending their money on things you all dont approve of  

If it's more then I'm willing to spend I don't buy, pretty simple in my opinion. But I don't begrudge someone for making a living selling stuff that I can't afford either.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:28:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

this.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't know that.

That was the only time I've seen them listed on their site.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:39:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:46:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:01:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this.

Ditto, however, they are a legit company with typically good service.  At least, pre-Newtown.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:34:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Good for me.  I've bought AR, Sig and S&W mags from them
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:55:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Weren't they a site sponsor at one time?  I've ordered several items with them over the years and the only reason I knew about them was through AR15.com.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:47:46 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Good to go
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:08:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Weren't they a site sponsor at one time?  I've ordered several items with them over the years and the only reason I knew about them was through AR15.com.
View Quote

They used to have a banner ad/link. I don't see it anymore.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:41:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

This, screw 44gag
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:48:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Great company to deal with. Don't let some of the disgruntled posters ( who were probably the ones scrambling to buy stuff because they were unprepared for a panic) sway you. I've bought tons of AUG magazines at great prices from them as well as some S&W 15-22 magazines. Great prices and fast shipping.
Buy cheap and stack deep that's how you avoid panic and panic pricing.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#29]
I appreciate all the responses.  It sounds like (panic pricing business practices aside) 44mag would be gtg.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:58:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Great company to deal with. Don't let some of the disgruntled posters ( who were probably the ones scrambling to buy stuff because they were unprepared for a panic) sway you. I've bought tons of AUG magazines at great prices from them as well as some S&W 15-22 magazines. Great prices and fast shipping.
View Quote

You don't know what the fck you are talking about.  No one in my family will need to panic buy a damn thing during my lifetime.  Likely even during my children's lifetime.  I guess that depends on how much ammo they shoot up vs how much they replace.
I have all I'll ever need.  I still buy to replace what I use up and to provide for my children and hopefully one day, grandchildren.  I choose not to patronize price gouging dealers.  I ordered from 44mag before the price gouging, but never again.
44mag joined the list along with Cheaper Than Dirt.

Edited to add-
I just ignore the know-it-alls around here that keep claiming anyone who uses the term "price gouging" is ignorant.
I am sure most guys know exactly what the legal definition is in a state of emergency.
It is also commonly used to describe greedy sellers who take advantage of a typically political panic buying situation.  
Of course it's their right to sell for what ever they want- 'cause Freedom
It's also my right to choose to make my future purchases from other dealers who don't exploit political panics at the expense of my fellow gun owners.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:53:03 PM EDT
[#31]
People that use the term "price gouging" in reference to firearms parts clearly have no clue what the term means nor why it cannot apply to something that isn't a vital necessity.  The possible exception would be those aligned with communists who object to the free market and capitalism in general.  Either way, I find the concept to be a low information and poorly thought out issue.

I for one wish that dealers were more proactive in responding to market conditions, particularly in terms of .22lr ammo.  I'd rather see shelves full of bricks of cheap .22 at $50/brick than empty with stickers of $25.  It is more of a service to the public to maintain stock at a higher price than to sell out and exacerbate the shortage and hoarding while a few "gougers" buy what they can to resell at $50-75/brick.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:13:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Been a few years but they were good to go every time I have ordered.
View Quote

Same here, however their prices have went up, I buy elsewhere, other places have just as good service with better prices.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:28:12 AM EDT
[#33]
If I like the price that I see on their website I put the items in my shopping cart and checkout, they send me my purchase quickly and packaged nicely.
I like buying magazines from them and for me their a local business....I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#34]
I've ordered from 44mag.com several times and I have had no issues with them. They are GTG.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:20:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this. they were shady and greedy. Screw them.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 2:48:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You don't know what the fck you are talking about.  No one in my family will need to panic buy a damn thing during my lifetime.  Likely even during my children's lifetime.  I guess that depends on how much ammo they shoot up vs how much they replace.
I have all I'll ever need.  I still buy to replace what I use up and to provide for my children and hopefully one day, grandchildren.  I choose not to patronize price gouging dealers.  I ordered from 44mag before the price gouging, but never again.

Edited to add-
I just ignore the know-it-alls around here that keep claiming anyone who uses the term "price gouging" is ignorant.
I am sure most guys know exactly what the legal definition is in a state of emergency.
It is also commonly used to describe greedy sellers who take advantage of a typically political panic buying situation.  
It's also my right to choose to make my future purchases from other dealers who don't exploit political panics at the expense of my fellow gun owners.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edited to add-

This is a tech forum and not GD and I don't want to derail anything, but you are the ignorant one. There was NO state of emergency, just a rush by consumers to buy a product that was in finite supply. Prices then naturally were raised in response to it. Its basic economics.
I buy ammo, guns, magazines and spare parts at a constant rate so when prices do go up OR supply goes down, I have more than enough of a supply to work off of.
44 MAG is a good company and you should buy for them without fear.
Guys like you blindly chant a groupthink mantra without ever doing actual investigation and critical thinking. Its no different than the guys who badmouth Troy just because others are.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Its no different than the guys who badmouth Troy just because others are.
View Quote

44Mag raising prices because of market supply/demand fluctuations is one thing, and people are free to buy or not buy based on the price. I've had excellent service from 44Mag.
But that's a wholly different thing from a company that hires federal trigger men that should have been put away for murder, and then makes BS excuses for such hiring actions.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:10:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Edited to add-
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edited to add-

Capitalism! Love it or leave it! The company might have had to pay more to keep magazines in stock. Have to have to Hugo Chavez's around here who think a company should lose money in order to maintain prices at a low level. Go to Venezuela, but make sure you bring your own toilet paper. You are probably the brain dead idiot who thought oil companies will never lower gas prices.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:38:52 PM EDT
[#39]
I've ordered from 44mag.com for many years.

AR15 mags
.308 mags
pistol mags

6.5 Grendel mags

Every transaction has been quickly processed and promptly shipped.  Never had a single issue with them over many orders.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:18:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:20:05 PM EDT
[#41]
this thread is done, too much to edit
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top