Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2016 7:44:04 AM EDT
I was hoping you guys could help me out with pricing some mags I have because value seems to be all over the place. From what I gather they are colt 20rd 1969-1971 5.56 marked baseplate, and also have a UI mark on them. I've seen them listed on here for up to $50 but that doesn't mean they are selling for that price. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:11:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Are they new in the box or used, any pics of them?  A couple years ago I bought seven new in the box.  Box marked 1970.  The price was $25.00 each,  $175.00 for the whole box.  Check the exchange and see what people are asking there maybe?

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:37:53 AM EDT
[#2]
They are used but in good shape. The EE prices vary greatly. I think there's some listed for $50 right now but they haven't sold.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 7:01:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Help me here.  What does "RED" mean?
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm guessing your asking about the red font. I didn't do that and I'm not sure how it happened. Know how I can fix it ?
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Being honest with you, I don't quite understand why they are so expensive, the technology these days are so much better than it was back them and I have over 100 of these mags, just to keep them in line with my NFA guns, but I rarely use them, I have a couple of them up on a book shelf loaded being used for bookends for my Military strategy books!
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 9:36:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I paid $15 for one at the last gun show I went to and felt like I overpaid given new non-colt 20's were selling for the same price at the show.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 1:47:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I have about 20 of them.  Great mags for target shooting from prone or a table.  Never paid more than $15 a piece and that was during the ban years.  They are a nice piece of history but I wouldn't pay more than the going rate for a 20 rounder to get one.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:24:38 PM EDT
[#8]
5.56 mags are later production compared to what people are paying $50 for.

They might sell for $ 15 each or so.

The interest in retro / Vietnam era ARs has risen dramatically in the past few years, and people like to have a few mags from the same era as their rifles.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 1:47:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I have about 20 w/metal followers and never paid over $15ea for them
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 2:30:10 AM EDT
[#10]
You can still buy them brand new from 44mag.com for $14 or so.  I never understood why old shit is collectible.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 1:18:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 4:23:38 PM EDT
[#12]
all my 20's are Universal or colt mags , have had/used them since the early 70's , they were also alot cheaper then , I also use OK ,colt , 30rd mags that I have put Magpul followers in , have never had a problem with any of them ..
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 5:33:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Some people prefer 20's because it's easier to shoot from the phone with 20's.

I have well over 150 of them, and the most I ever paid was $25ea for a few NIB 70 dated AF contract mags.
The rest I have paid between 10-15 for, and even at that price I have been disappointed because some sellers are not honest about condition.
With the 20's you have to make sure the front strap isn't rusted (it's spring steel), and that the rivets are not popping out.
Many mags were not taken care of, and suffer from rust and dissimilar metal corrosion from repeated weather cycles.
While mags are designed to be a consumable item, the military doesn't treat them that way, nor do owners.
When selling used 20's, sellers should be honest about the condition. I've seen several ads where the seller is asking $20+ for mags with corrosion issues. That's just blatant dishonesty IMO, and part of the reason I haven't bought any mags in a long time.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top