AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:38:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How do you plan on going through more than 410 magazines?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm currently sitting around 410 mags for my AR's. And I still don't think I have enough.
I still buy GI 20's when I find them under $14, and that is the bulk of my mag collection.

I got into ARs during the ban, and I will never be in a position where I have no standard capacity mags.

Oh, that's not including my 3 Beta-Cs God 5.56, or my 9mm AR mags. Need to stock up on those too

And handguns? I need to pick up more for them too

I doubt he does. But there will come a time when you can't buy more for your kids and grand kids. Buy now at $8 or later at $30.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:15:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm currently sitting around 410 mags for my AR's. And I still don't think I have enough.
I still buy GI 20's when I find them under $14, and that is the bulk of my mag collection.

I got into ARs during the ban, and I will never be in a position where I have no standard capacity mags.

Oh, that's not including my 3 Beta-Cs God 5.56, or my 9mm AR mags. Need to stock up on those too

Having lived through the last AWB, I can tell you it's not about "going through" that many mags yourself.  It's about having whatever # you want, at todays cheap (no AWB/No mag cap limit) prices, for you, your kids, your grandkids...and still have enough to maybe sell for a profit or stash away.

YMMV
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 5:02:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If you wonder why we all say fuck CTD that is why.
Never another penny
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Think of them as currency, as seen during the "Great Gun-Grab Scare of 2012" magazines especially Pmags became the most trade-able item in the EE. I still remember CTD selling them for $99.00 a piece and people were actually buying them.

Were they really?    I knew they were expensive then but I didn't see that!  Yeow!

Back in 12-08 I did see CProd thirties change hands for $40 in TX gun stores.

Not once... BUT (at least) twice they pulled this stuff. 2008 and 2012

Screenshots of the CTD online catalog:

http://ontheoutside.co/news/goodbye-cheaper-than-dirt/comment-page-1/

This is just like Bill Clinton, young folks, don't know of their antics!

If you wonder why we all say fuck CTD that is why.
Never another penny

They also jacked up the price of ammo too. A case of 5.56 went from $300 to $1500 overnight. Fuck CTD
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:49:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Holy crap you guys have a lot of mags.
I have maybe 10 pmags, 6 lancers, and 20ish old GI mags.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:20:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think 70 is PLENTY for two rifles. If there is another ban it will likely NOT be just like the 94-04 ban. banning possession will be "their" main goal, if not though, you will likely have to declare/register($$ for each one) what you have and transfers will banned.

I think buying hundreds and hundreds of mags with the mindset that if there is another ban you will be able to cash in and make money is a bad idea. IF there is a President and Congress that allows or pushes a mag ban through, believe me, they will make it as restrictive as possible if not an outright ban on possession. I'm sure they'll let you turn them in for a tax credit or some BS though so no one can bitch about how much money they lost....

Buy what you think you may need for a lifetime so if they do allow you to keep what you have you will be set but don't go overboard thinking you will be the Scarface of PMags.....
View Quote

If dems got power and banned possession it would be the biggest backfire in the history of politics.  They would literally turn millions of law abiding citizens into felons overnight, the law would simply lack any teeth, impossible to enforce.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:48:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So I have 2 ARs, and about 70 magazines for them - mostly Pmags.  While I'm well satisfied with my inventory, reading through the pinned "mag whores" thread, it would seem I have a woefully inadequate supply by comparison.  

What is the strategy behind having hundreds of mags per riffle?  ??
View Quote

10/gun is my standard.  You need more ARs IMO.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:27:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I have 2 ARs, and about 70 magazines for them - mostly Pmags.  While I'm well satisfied with my inventory, reading through the pinned "mag whores" thread, it would seem I have a woefully inadequate supply by comparison.  

What is the strategy behind having hundreds of mags per riffle?  ??

I agree....Buy a few more AR'S then you have more reason to buy more mags.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:36:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm somewhere in the 90 range, for personal use.  Combination of 20's/30's, Pmags, Lancers and USGI's.  

That's probably plenty, although, I always want more.

Really, I keep about 25 as my practice mags (gen2 pmags), about 30 for social use (gen3 pmags and newer lancers).  The rest are USGI's which I keep for long term storage backup.  

I've also got another 60 or so set aside for resale.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:19:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Holy crap you guys have a lot of mags.
I have maybe 10 pmags, 6 lancers, and 20ish old GI mags.
View Quote

No, we don't have a lot of mags. You have too few.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:18:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I store my cases of ammo in mags.    Buy a case of ammo, buy more mags.  

I have one cabinet, that I just remembered, with a stack of mags left from last Black Friday, and I just loaded a few hundred M855.  Now my OCD wants to load them up post haste.

Weaksauce on the AR count. I thought I had 8, but going through the safe yesterday, I found 10 that were fully assembled.  

You need at least 5 magpul D60 mags before you start a brag thread.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:28:57 PM EDT
[#11]
While I think the D60 is cool, difficult for me to justify the cost when I can purchase 10-12 thirty round mags for the price.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:24:48 PM EDT
[#12]
More then I will ever use in a lifetime but I am also buying for my kid and some of the family in case something happens. Same with ammo. Having 100 guns doesn't do any good if you don't have mags or ammo to use in them. More then hundreds upon hundreds of mags, you should have cases upon cases of ammo. If you intend to sell the mags, that's another story. Ammo will be the same way. Hell 22 ammo was the most tradable commodity that you could have a couple of yrs ago and will be again. There has already been an uptick in the price of some guns from places because of what that asshat did a couple of weeks ago in Orlando. Ammo will soon follow the closer we get to the election.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 1:50:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If dems got power and banned possession it would be the biggest backfire in the history of politics.  They would literally turn millions of law abiding citizens into felons overnight, the law would simply lack any teeth, impossible to enforce.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think 70 is PLENTY for two rifles. If there is another ban it will likely NOT be just like the 94-04 ban. banning possession will be "their" main goal, if not though, you will likely have to declare/register($$ for each one) what you have and transfers will banned.

I think buying hundreds and hundreds of mags with the mindset that if there is another ban you will be able to cash in and make money is a bad idea. IF there is a President and Congress that allows or pushes a mag ban through, believe me, they will make it as restrictive as possible if not an outright ban on possession. I'm sure they'll let you turn them in for a tax credit or some BS though so no one can bitch about how much money they lost....

Buy what you think you may need for a lifetime so if they do allow you to keep what you have you will be set but don't go overboard thinking you will be the Scarface of PMags.....

There's a bill in California that will do just that...ban possession of anything holding more than 10 rounds.  It'll probably pass and turn thousands of gun owners into criminals and guess what? Hillary wants to do the same to all of us.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I've got 25 AR mags, a mix of P-Mags and aluminum.  I've also got 3 mags for each auto pistol I have.  Given my limited funds, it's going to have to be enough.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've got 25 AR mags, a mix of P-Mags and aluminum.  I've also got 3 mags for each auto pistol I have.  Given my limited funds, it's going to have to be enough.
View Quote

I am in a similar boat- one son just got braces, which ran
5K. Another son has severe respiratory issues. I try and buy
Some ammo/mags with each paycheck, but it is a struggle.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 12:26:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, priorties.  Take care of that family, then buy a little here and there, whenever you can.  Eventually it builds up into a decent stash.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I doubt he does. But there will come a time when you can't buy more for your kids and grand kids. Buy now at $8 or later at $30.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I personally don't plan on going through even 20 mags.
But if ericoak had bothered to just read what I said, he wouldn't have asked the question.
However, if another ban comes along, I will be in a better position than he will be.
Especially if the banned mags can still be transferred.
But again, that isn't my plan, and I still feel that I'm way short on mags.
Need to stop buying 20's and start buying mags and other GI 30's and get some parity in my collection.
And I guess I need more AK mags too. 7 doesn't cut it even though I never shoot my AK
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 2:32:25 PM EDT
[#18]
So what constitutes a "GI" mag?  Is the standard Okay Industries 30rd Colt mag a "GI" mag?  Anyone have issues with the Lancer 20rd mags at all?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 2:38:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So what constitutes a "GI" mag?  Is the standard Okay Industries 30rd Colt mag a "GI" mag?  Anyone have issues with the Lancer 20rd mags at all?
View Quote

I would call that GI, the 20rd Lancers in my experience are as awesome as the 30rdrs.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 2:42:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
While I think the D60 is cool, difficult for me to justify the cost when I can purchase 10-12 thirty round mags for the price.
View Quote

True, and smart.  Buying a good quality drum when you can isn't a bad idea.  Especially these days.  But not at the expense of having a healthy supply of more practical mags.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 12:53:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

But if ericoak had bothered to just read what I said, he wouldn't have asked the question.
However, if another ban comes along, I will be in a better position than he will be.
Need to stop buying 20's and start buying mags and other GI 30's and get some parity in my collection.
And I guess I need more AK mags too. 7 doesn't cut it even though I never shoot my AK
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read what you wrote.  You said you don't want to have no standard capacity mags.  And yet you admit that 20 is enough.  So how is having 20 times more than that helpful?  Especially since you don't plan selling them.  And you won't be in a better position than me because I'll have more than I'll never need as well so you will have a bunch of magazines you will never need or use.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 1:06:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I believe I have about 5000 rounds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A magazine will work for 30+ years, an AR rifle will work for 100+ years, how much ammo do you have?  That is the one expended in use asset that will render your other components just aluminum...

I believe I have about 5000 rounds.

Double everything and multiply by 87. That should get you somewhere in the neighborhood.

Seriously, if you can afford 100 rounds per month buy it, if you can afford 2 mags, buy em, if you can afford a lower, buy it.

Don't stop.

Buy what you can afford and buy it as cheap as you can find it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 12:41:42 PM EDT
[#23]
4 AR's...120 mags of various types
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 9:52:46 PM EDT
[#24]
I have 5 I always use, mix of Okay, Center, and something else (can't remember ATM). I keep the other ~30 locked up ready to be swapped should my 5 go down. Get the original MAGPUL's and they will cushion your mags when dropped.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 9:18:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I read what you wrote.  You said you don't want to have no standard capacity mags.  And yet you admit that 20 is enough.  So how is having 20 times more than that helpful?  Especially since you don't plan selling them.  And you won't be in a better position than me because I'll have more than I'll never need as well so you will have a bunch of magazines you will never need or use.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow. Your reading comprehension is really bad.
I never once stated that I thought 20 mags was 'enough'.
And just because I don't plan on breaking even 20 mags doesn't mean I think it's an okay number to have.
And if I never have a 'need' to use even 1/4 of my mags, I'll still be perfectly happy.
However, if the left gets their way, as they did in '94, you will wish you had spent a few extra bucks a month on mags.
But either way, I have mags, and I can convert them to cash if I ever need.
But you might not have that option in the future.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Again my reading comprehension is fine, you just have a magazine obsession and are trying to justify it.  1/4 of your magazines would be over 100, you are going to use 100 magazines?  

Magazines won't be the only thing that will be banned.  Firearms will be banned.  You could have bought a transferable m11/9 and it would have  appreciated way more than your magazines.  You could have bought a couple guns that would also appreciate and you would be more likely to use than magazines.  

It is an assumption that there will be the demand like there was during 94.
It is an assumption that you will even be allowed to sell them if they ban them.  See Cali.
It is an assumption that you will even be allowed to keep them.  See Cali.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 9:50:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Magazines? There are none of those scary things here in my house.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Again my reading comprehension is fine, you just have a magazine obsession and are trying to justify it.  1/4 of your magazines would be over 100, you are going to use 100 magazines?  

Magazines won't be the only thing that will be banned.  Firearms will be banned.  You could have bought a transferable m11/9 and it would have  appreciated way more than your magazines.  You could have bought a couple guns that would also appreciate and you would be more likely to use than magazines.  

It is an assumption that you will even be allowed to sell them if they ban them.  See Cali.
View Quote

Whatever dude.
M11 isn't something I want. And I'm not posting BS in an M11 thread.
I'm sure you are awash in transferable MGs too.
And it's not like I went and plunked down cash for my mags all at once.
Been picking mags up here and there for years as good deals came up.
I'm getting you are the kinda guy tha has one plastic plate, one spork (who NEEDS a spoon AND a fork??) and a plastic cup, because why would anyone need anything more than you feel is enough?
Apparently this thread isn't a place for you.
Go troll elsewhere.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 2:15:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I have one cabinet, that I just remembered, with a stack of mags left from last Black Friday, and I just loaded a few hundred M855.  Now my OCD wants to load them up post haste.

Weaksauce on the AR count. I thought I had 8, but going through the safe yesterday, I found 10 that were fully assembled.  

View Quote

I have 12 ARs and I think I have hit a wall at the moment. I don't really see a need to build anymore for in the immediate future. That being said, I have six lowers just sitting there all lonely.

I am sitting at well over 100 magazines and I just bought 20 more from the JSE Surplus flood sale. I am not sure how many mags I have but I am estimating it is close to if not at 200 at the moment. I have them stashed in ammo cans, a couple of extra sets of plate carries with level 4 plates,  and a couple extra sets of TA-50.

A few years ago, I was doing inventory on my medical supply connex and I found a box of 100 new in wrapper Center Industries 30rd Mags. I took them to my supply sergeant and he didn't want them so he told me to get rid of them. I promptly secured them to throw away as instructed, I just wasn't told when to throw them away.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 4:22:55 PM EDT
[#30]
I just ordered 10 more PMags just because. I have maybe 30 or so PMags and that many more aluminum USGI mags, and yet I still want more.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#31]
My 200 GI mags with green followers are apparently obsolete!  I need to replace them all with PMAGs and ETS mags to reliably feed M855A1!

An I need some M855A1 too, because my 10,000 rounds of M855 is apparently obsolete!

It never ends.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I have 12 ARs and I think I have hit a wall at the moment. I don't really see a need to build anymore for in the immediate future. That being said, I have six lowers just sitting there all lonely.

I am sitting at well over 100 magazines and I just bought 20 more from the JSE Surplus flood sale. I am not sure how many mags I have but I am estimating it is close to if not at 200 at the moment. I have them stashed in ammo cans, a couple of extra sets of plate carries with level 4 plates,  and a couple extra sets of TA-50.

A few years ago, I was doing inventory on my medical supply connex and I found a box of 100 new in wrapper Center Industries 30rd Mags. I took them to my supply sergeant and he didn't want them so he told me to get rid of them. I promptly secured them to throw away as instructed, I just wasn't told when to throw them away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So knowing right from wrong, you did the right thing, right?  As a citizen,  thanks for your service. As a taxpayer...
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 1:39:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

California gives nothing, my guess is that's the blueprint for a scenario like that.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 11:11:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So knowing right from wrong, you did the right thing, right?  As a citizen,  thanks for your service. As a taxpayer...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better they end up in the hands of someone than a trash pile.
And if this bothers you as a taxpayer, you haven't been paying attention to the bigger picture
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mi don't understand your thought process at all.  Given the history of laws and shortages I think it's sound logic to stock up on as many as you can. Especially since they are about $12 a mag. Cheap.

Plus they are perishable. If we can't get them anymore but can still use them you want to makes sure you have enough to last.

Your assumptions could go either way, and quite frankly no one is "allowing" me to have anything. I don't care what some traitor polirician says. I have a right to own them so I do. Just like I did when I lived in a ban state.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 3:04:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mi don't understand your thought process at all.  Given the history of laws and shortages I think it's sound logic to stock up on as many as you can. Especially since they are about $12 a mag. Cheap.

Plus they are perishable. If we can't get them anymore but can still use them you want to makes sure you have enough to last.

Your assumptions could go either way, and quite frankly no one is "allowing" me to have anything. I don't care what some traitor polirician says. I have a right to own them so I do. Just like I did when I lived in a ban state.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 3:08:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He did absolutely nothing wrong. He did what he was told. Would you rather he throw them in the trash?  Or was he suppose to sell them and give them money back to the government?

You think it's a regular job?  He had orders. He can't argue them.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 3:28:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The through process is I know a ton of people with huge piles of magazines, almost all with the idea of selling during a ban because they won't personally ever need 10.  Every dollar spent on magazines is a dollar that can't be spent on something else.  I'm not against having magazines, but to say that 450 magazines isn't enough for your personal use is ridiculous.

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 3:32:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You have enough for those two rifles.  Now you need to buy two more rifles and 70 mags to go with them.  
View Quote

The answer is always, "one more".  Whether mags or rifles.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The through process is I know a ton of people with huge piles of magazines, almost all with the idea of selling during a ban because they won't personally ever need 10.  Every dollar spent on magazines is a dollar that can't be spent on something else.  I'm not against having magazines, but to say that 450 magazines isn't enough for your personal use is ridiculous.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you are the arbitor of what is enough? Good to know.
Standard load out is 7 mags. If you have more than that, you have more than you 'need', according to the military.
But you thing the guys only carry that?
I haven't bought mags to 'sell off'. Nor have I neglected to buy other things I want.
My needs all get covered, so I have decided to spend my money on mags.
What do you think is 'enough' ammo? 100 rounds? 200?
After all, if you think no one 'needs' more than a dozen or so mags, what use is more ammo than mags to hold it?

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 5:51:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It's always nice to have more
View Quote

Why just picked up 6 more AR mags and 12 more pistol mags for my Sigs...

Though I've been using the same 6 Pmags for about 8 years or so.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm sitting on a bunch of mags that I'm thinking about selling off as time permits due to uncertainty of future laws.  

On one hand I want to go all patriot and refresh the tree of liberty, on the other hand, this country is just turning into a fucking sick joke with the 'demographic shift' and the inherent political climate associated with it, and I'm just not real enthusiastic about getting all bloodied up to protect it.  I don't even know what it is anymore.  

I could make do with a regular 'ol bolt rifle for ranch duty and keep carrying my Sig P239 and Glock 43 whether it's legal or not.  I spend a fair bit of time down in Mexico and I think it's a pretty honest look into out future as far as gun laws go.  Small, concealable, disposable pistols are king down there and if it comes down to it, I'd play that game here too.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Standard load out is 7 mags. If you have more than that, you have more than you 'need', according to the military.
I haven't bought mags to 'sell off'. Nor have I neglected to buy other things I want.
After all, if you think no one 'needs' more than a dozen or so mags, what use is more ammo than mags to hold it?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know most part of ammo isn't even remotely as reusable as magazines right?
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 1:13:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Magazines? There are none of those scary things here in my house.
View Quote

+1

I only have a few clips here and there
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 2:47:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On a theoretical level, yes, that could be cat agonized as ridiculous but I think we as humans hear something that sounds foreign to us so we dismiss it as ridiculous.

For example, if you listed off you hobbies and other activities I'm sure we could find something other claim is ridiculous.

Lots of things could be considered ridiculous. Aftermarket parts on cars that are a depreciating asset and will result in a monetary loss technically is ridiculous.

When it comes to firearms and related item though, like I said, we have to deal with externalities like traitorous politicians. They have struck before and will again.

450 is a lot. But maybe, in 50 years, some will break. Some will wear out. Some sold. Some traded, given away, et cetera.

If he has the money then it's not a big deal. I'm not saying your wrong and there might be a psychological aspect to it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:10:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Ca + MA news is incredibly disturbing. Where does the rabbit hole go other than confiscation and ban without even $ like CA did last month.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#48]
The CA/MA thing is grounds for the next Supreme Court challenge.  You have Hillary saying her court will over turn Heller and Ginsburg (who should be disbarred and impeached) echoing that sentiment.  That said, I would like to point out a scene from the movie Terminator 3.  When they go to the cemetery and instead of Sara Connor being buried there was a cache of weapons.  Mag collections will have a similar fate.  Seems every couple of years that Ohio of all places someone finds a Thompson in the walls of an old house.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top