Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/26/2015 9:03:56 AM EDT
Somehow, I don't remember ever seeing them, and it looks like Academy has the on sale with free shipping over $25. Worth the bother?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:09:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:58:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I just bought 3 from Academy to try out. Read some reviews and they seem to be favorable. US made of Dupont milspec polymer, they have an anti-tilt follower and an oversize bolt stop also they are technically a 31 round mag to allow trouble free closed bolt reloading with 30 rounds in them and a stainless spring. Finally they have slimmer baseplate to fit pouches better than a Pmag, two drainage holes and a dot grid on the base for marking. For the same price as an $8 aluminum mag I figured WTH....
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:18:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reply, sounds like they are working for you. I just was not familiar with them...
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:15:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I have some and posted a short review few months ago.
Zero issue so far on different AR, M16 and Tavor.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:03:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't tried their mags yet, but their other equipment is well made and so far seems durable.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:31:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one.  It came with my new AR.  It will not lock the bolt open when  empty.  The follower does not travel high enough.  The last round is shot and the bolt still goes forward.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:19:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one.  It came with my new AR.  It will not lock the bolt open when  empty.  The follower does not travel high enough.  The last round is shot and the bolt still goes forward.
View Quote

I'd  take the mag apart and see whats hanging up the follower. MFT's have an over sized bolt notch and stop so if it isnt coming up enough to lock back the bolt then maybe there's some flash or sprue inside the mag hanging it up.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top