Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/21/2015 10:53:02 AM EDT
Search here reveals nought, could only find out-of-date info thru web searching.  Since several of the people's republix changed their magazine capacity laws in the past year or so, anybody know which jurisdiction(s) would still be interested in pre-bans ?  TIA
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 12:34:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Massachusetts for sure.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 3:06:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Massachusetts for sure.
View Quote

I think Masachusetts is the ONLY state where it is still possible to import pre-bans.

All other ststes are either free, or the magazines must have been grandfathered.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys  
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Had a couple Orlites to donate, plus maybe a few others if we could get someone to act as a receiving point for them.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 10:33:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Isn't Maryland allowed to import? I was reading somewhere yesterday that it was ok. A second web site did not mention it but they did not mention the Chicago ban either. so be aware that the Anti-gun crowd is serving incomplete and mis leading info on the net.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 11:25:44 PM EDT
[#6]
What's the correct way to offer preban mags for trade to Mass? Just an EE ad?
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 8:48:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 1:39:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I believe the MA guys also need a hicap permit as well don't forget to ask.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 7:33:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Isn't Maryland allowed to import? I was reading somewhere yesterday that it was ok. A second web site did not mention it but they did not mention the Chicago ban either. so be aware that the Anti-gun crowd is serving incomplete and mis leading info on the net.
View Quote

Maryland has no ban on new magazines.  The law bans magazines with a capacity over 10.  Cannot buy, sell, receive or transfer over 10 rd mags within the state.  You CAN however, drive across to VA or PA or another state and bring them back.  The law does not ban possession.  Some vendors will even allow you to buy them online as long as they are shipped to an out of MD address.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 8:57:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I believe the MA guys also need a hicap permit as well don't forget to ask.
View Quote

So is that on the seller to determine? Or is this a gray area?

Disregard, I found the threads in the HTF.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top