Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/13/2015 11:49:24 AM EDT
Title says it. They have the old junk green follower without the anti tilt feature. I looked at getting some magpul followers, but at 5 bucks per it doesn't seem worth it, when I can buy brand new PMAGs for 9 bucks.

So, are these mags basically junk? How unreliable are they without the anti tilt? I assume they work just fine, most of the time, if our GIs used them.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 12:57:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
...So, are these mags basically junk? How unreliable are they without the anti tilt? I assume they work just fine, most of the time, if our GIs used them.

Thanks.
View Quote

This. They're not 'junk' by any means, they're just not the best. Green is better than black, and modern anti-tilt is better than green. If the springs are still good (and they probably are), they're probably good - MOST of the time. Putting an anti-tilt follower from either magpul or elander either one certainly wouldn't hurt, and is something I have in all my magazines anymore.

As far as cost, I've seen magpul followers on ebay for under $2.25 including shipping, and elanders can be had for similar direct from the mako group.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 1:04:04 PM EDT
[#2]
good range mags
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 1:20:55 PM EDT
[#3]
No, no they are not junk.

I know I'm a hard minority but in 15 years of ar use an anti tilt follower has only shown its usefulness during loading the first two rounds into a magazine. The springs and lips have far more of an impact.

The magpul followers typically come in 3 packs and could be had for around 4 bucks on 44 mag com
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 1:26:42 PM EDT
[#4]
All I use is USGI, don't let some internet buffoon tell you their junk.  Ive got black follower mags that run great.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I still have some old Sanchez and colt ones and they have been heavily used and still run great. Out of all the ones I have only one mag falls out when I shoot but it still feeds great.

If you don't want them op Haha.   I'm sure someone will take them in the EE.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#6]
read this

Well done article on the subject
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 4:07:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's you some followers for $1.88 each shipped.

http://www.44mag.com/product/yellow_follower/magpul
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Actually the green followers do have the AT feature.. The black ones doesnt.
Anyway both work just fine
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 5:14:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Really? It doesn't seem that way. I can tilt them easily with my fingers, while I can't get a Pmag to tilt.

Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Really? It doesn't seem that way. I can tilt them easily with my fingers, while I can't get a Pmag to tilt.

Am I missing something?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I missing something?

Yes, the front of the greens have extended legs for anti tilt when putting pressure on the rear of the follower, easier to load with stripper clips ect, 4 way anti tilt is relatively new and therefor "better" . No follower will prevent a dented mag from malfunctioning, nor a split poly mag, or a spring installed backwards, or a broken pencil because some dimwit was "testing" it

Read the above linked article and decide for yourself. All of my current magazines have the at followers, but certainly not because my earlier ones were unsuitable. M4 feed ramps are a natural improvement but does not render non cut guns as junk by any means
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 6:55:37 PM EDT
[#11]
They're junk. Send to me for disposal.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Magpul followers
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 12:36:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Google is your friend:

Link to banned vendor removed..........dpmmn

http://www.surplusammo.com/magpul-enhanced-anti-tilt-follower-5-56x45-yellow-10-pack-closeout/

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 7:19:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Nothing wrong with the green or the black followers. I've fired thousands of rounds on full auto with both with no issues.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 10:57:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Title says it. They have the old junk green follower without the anti tilt feature. I looked at getting some magpul followers, but at 5 bucks per it doesn't seem worth it, when I can buy brand new PMAGs for 9 bucks.

So, are these mags basically junk? How unreliable are they without the anti tilt? I assume they work just fine, most of the time, if our GIs used them.

Thanks.
View Quote

For my "serious" magazines I ONLY use magazines manufactured by Okay Industries (USGI Contractor).

I add the Magpul Yellow anti-tilt follower

In addition I install the Magpul Ranger L floorplate.

Link Posted: 8/16/2015 12:09:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thanks.
View Quote

Yes they are. Send them to me and I'll reimburse your shipping. I won't even charge you a disposal fee.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 12:26:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Am I missing something?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I missing something?

EZ fix, do NOT stick your fingers in the mag, only ammo.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 1:43:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
For my "serious" magazines I ONLY use magazines manufactured by Okay Industries (USGI Contractor).

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/PursuitSS/4707cc472081d4da95afb5757c67bad1.jpg

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/PursuitSS/e98146b05e5b2b87230f5cf75b6a10ec.jpg

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/PursuitSS/1079afebd9220257b7c4980eb84deb65.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/PursuitSS/4707cc472081d4da95afb5757c67bad1.jpg

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/PursuitSS/e98146b05e5b2b87230f5cf75b6a10ec.jpg

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/PursuitSS/1079afebd9220257b7c4980eb84deb65.jpg

What advantage does the L floorplate offer?
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 4:37:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

It will not deform and come off if you drop a loaded mag on a hard surface

It adds a cushion for when you release a mag

It makes for easier disassembly of the magazine
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 6:36:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Thanks.
View Quote

So you ask if they are junk?, then "assume they work just fine". Funny how quickly things change here.  In the early days of ARFCOM half the discussions on the mag forum were about how you just had to have green followers in your magazines.  You simply had to have them or you had one foot in the grave.  Then something better came along and THEY were junk that could get you killed.  Green follower mags are currently in use by the US military.  It takes thousands of shots to see the difference between the green followers (AKA anti tilt) and the tan followers (AKA no tilt).  Unless you shoot people for a living I think you would be ok with the green (or even god forbid black) followers.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 8:55:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

So you ask if they are junk?, then "assume they work just fine". Funny how quickly things change here.  In the early days of ARFCOM half the discussions on the mag forum were about how you just had to have green followers in your magazines.  You simply had to have them or you had one foot in the grave.  Then something better came along and THEY were junk that could get you killed.  Green follower mags are currently in use by the US military.  It takes thousands of shots to see the difference between the green followers (AKA anti tilt) and the tan followers (AKA no tilt).  Unless you shoot people for a living I think you would be ok with the green (or even god forbid black) followers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Why are you so angry?

I was simply asking a question about something I know very little about.

Yes, I asked if they are junk - but I simultaneously used logic to form an assumption that they are mostly good. But, I figured I should ask first so I could benefit from group knowledge. Really not that big of a deal.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 5:29:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Why are you so angry?

Yes, I asked if they are junk - but I simultaneously used logic to form an assumption that they are mostly good. But, I figured I should ask first so I could benefit from group knowledge. Really not that big of a deal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Why are you so angry?

Not angry at all.  You question just seemed to be phrased in a bizarre manner.  My apologies.....
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top