BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 11:32:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Never had a failure using the PSA D&H 30's.

ETA: I've bought them over several years time, and even being from different batches, they all look great.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 9:59:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So I took a closer look at my Palmetto floorplate D&H magazines.  Received a few of them.  Out of the handfuls I looked at, every single one had a defect.  At least it looks like a defect to me.  My older D&H magazines do not have these defects.

On the top above the spine, there are 2 "vampire teeth".  The feed lips are not smooth.  On the left side, it's hard to see in the picture, but it's slightly wavey.  On the right side, when it gets near the spine of the magazine, the cut is curved instead of being straight.  

I haven't had a chance to test these out yet on a reliable AR.  If they create problems, I can smooth all these out with a dremel, but that would suck for brand new magazines....  Date code is 1015.
I also notice the weld marks on these are half the size of the older D&H.  The older ones will be almost as wide as the spine.  These are about half the width.

http://i.imgur.com/RDVWZ8n.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/K6rnJg0.jpg
View Quote

I'm having the same issue with a batch of D&H magazines, they are D&H branded with yellow Magpul followers and the lips have burs causing the rounds to snag and I get failure to feed issues. Like you I've used a Dremel to smooth out the edges and they work fine.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Been using D&H magazines since about 2005.

1000's of rounds through them using a Colt,
Rock River Arms & recently a Windham Weaponry.

All my D&H magazines have MAGPUL followers
installed & they have all functioned 100%

They have very nice welds and a durable finish.

But then again my PMAGS and Lancers have been
100% also
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 6:41:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Guy's if you are having problems with quality call D&H they replaced a bunch of them back in 2004 for forum members I believe.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top